225 "on demand"... šŸ˜†

Mikey P

Administrator
Sorry Damon, every time I think of your comments about learning how to run a CNC and pumping glides out one of the time, I have to shake my big fat head and laugh...

This months order of 225 units takes my team of very experienced professionals 72 hours + to create..
PXL_20230212_235908514.jpg

Last edited:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Stop overstating your importance.

Leaving Mike out of this, I was given some very good advice about my own importance in this industry, and in the world.

A fellow told me:

"Put you foot in a bucket of water and look to see how much of an imprint you made..."

I would guess that all but a very few of even the "old guys" here don't know who the following men where, all of who had a significant effect on what they do every day:

Bill Wisdom
Dan Savanuck
Glen Twist
Tom Rider
Jerry Homan
David Bergen

Just to name a few....

There are many more names I should list, but I forgot their footprints in the bucket too.

Reactions: jeffexe and SamIam

Mikey P

Administrator
Leaving Mike out of this, I was given some very good advice about my own importance in this industry, and in the world.

A fellow told me:

"Put you foot in a bucket of water and look to see how much of an imprint you made..."

I would guess that all but a very few of even the "old guys" here don't know who the following men where, all of who had a significant effect on what they do every day:

Bill Wisdom
Dan Savanuck
Glen Twist
Tom Rider
Jerry Homan
David Bergen

Just to name a few....

There are many more names I should list, but I forgot their footprints in the bucket too.

and to think, none of those fellas had email, YouTube, FaceBook, text messages and cell phones or this den of iniquity to help their fellow cleaners...

Quarterly association meetings, maybe an annual tradeshow and a few phone calls after hours was the extent of thier reach.

You only know of them due to Lee's and your travels, and your distributorship.

-------------ā¤ļø------

I get calls where the guy will say "Hey I recognize your voice from YouTube, I didnt know you work for GreenGlides"...

A email from yesterday but typical..
Screenshot_20230213-061401.png

In the end it will be just me, Rob and the cockroaches.

All the other social media Carpet Cleaning stars are either coming or going.

Im on the hook till my last breath, and that's the way I and my maker, want it.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Some idiots still are

Back in those days, the term "agglomeration" was (mis?)used in training to describe how soil appeared to disappear when carpets were shampooed with nothing more than wet vac extraction afterward.

The amount of actual moisture and soil in the wet vac recovery tanks was less than minimal, yet carpets looked good.

Looking back, I'm not sure we used the term correctly, but like so many things taught later, it seemed to be a convenient explanation for the fact that we did things to carpets to make them look better, without any tangible evidence that we removed anything.

To be fair, we didn't have OP and microfiber pads then either.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Back in those days, the term "agglomeration" was (mis?)used in training to describe how soil appeared to disappear when carpets were shampooed with nothing more than wet vac extraction afterward.

The amount of actual moisture and soil in the wet vac recovery tanks was less than minimal, yet carpets looked good.

Looking back, I'm not sure we used the term correctly, but like so many things taught later, it seemed to be a convenient explanation for the fact that we did things to carpets to make them look better, without any tangible evidence that we removed anything.

Started off my career using Clarke 16 inch scrubbers and wet vacs. Progressed to Von Schrader machines then to 50 psi portables.

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

SamIam

Name
sam miller
and to think, none of those fellas had email, YouTube, FaceBook, text messages and cell phones or this den of iniquity to help their fellow cleaners...

Quarterly association meetings, maybe an annual tradeshow and a few phone calls after hours was the extent of thier reach.

You only know of them due to Lee's and your travels, and your distributorship.

-------------ā¤ļø------

I get calls where the guy will say "Hey I recognize your voice from YouTube, I didnt know you work for GreenGlides"...

A email from yesterday but typical..
View attachment 120941

In the end it will be just me, Rob and the cockroaches.

All the other social media Carpet Cleaning stars are either coming or going.

Im on the hook till my last breath, and that's the way I and my maker, want it.

I hear you, but just remember too enjoy the moment.

100 years from now it won't matter.

Live laugh love.

Enjoy what you do.

Mikey P

Administrator
That would mean visiting plant nurseries and old antebellum homes for me.
Oh joy
And what would she be able to look forward to partaking in if you had your perfect day?

-Watching you fumble with quickbooks and three sets of glasses

-Watching you micromanage Brady as he preps the van and makes his calls?

-Watching you put on your act on social media

-Watching you nap

-Watching you watch her feed and pamper the grandkids

-Watching you annoy Waffle House waitresses

-Watching you trying on her floppy hats

oh joy indeed.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Not sure a pad removes more detergent residue than a wet vac. Teflon in the mix to slow down dirt pickup from unrinsed detergent residue is the "new" thing.

Thank DuPont for starting an unfeasible maintenance program and then having to invent a way to make it work.

Mikey P

Administrator
Not sure a pad removes more detergent residue than a wet vac. Teflon in the mix to slow down dirt pickup from unrinsed detergent residue is the "new" thing.

Thank DuPont for starting an unfeasible maintenance program and then having to invent a way to make it work.

Why would you use a "pad" to remove DETERGENT residue?

Well formulated encapsulant shampoos dont leave residues.

( and Glided wands remove more detergents than unGlided wands fwiw)

Mikey P

Administrator
Denial isn't a sin, but lying is, regardless how "well formulated" the story goes

..L.T.A.

I can't tell, are you calling Pemberton or Brian a liar?

One has seen and felt and watched the truth and the other just doesn't have it in the company budget to buy a bunch of encap machines or is using the same stellar deductive reasoning that leads to him not guys his guys use glides in their hot water extraction cleaning process, and or granting permission once the techs are so old and decrepid that he may lose them as employees if he doesn't give them some Teflon.

couGh!

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I can't tell, are you calling Pemberton or Brian a liar?

One has seen and felt and watched the truth and the other just doesn't have it in the company budget to buy a bunch of encap machines or is using the same stellar deductive reasoning that leads to him not guys his guys use glides in their hot water extraction cleaning process, and or granting permission once the techs are so old and decrepid that he may lose them as employees if he doesn't give them some Teflon.

couGh!
Youā€™re rambling

Back
Top Bottom