10,000 sq ft CGD How much do you charge

Rex Tyus

ErikG said:
thank everyone , so 12-15 it will prolly take about 8 hours .

If you can complete that in 8 hrs solo, I would be all over 12 to 15 cent. :mrgreen:

unless your average day is much higher and you would be taking time away from something more profitable than $1200 to $1500 a day. I am a BDRNCC I don't average $1000 a day this time of year. That would be a no brainer for me. Good luck Bro. Just don't post too much more info. You may have a competitor lurking and shoot in to under cut you. :evil: It happens. Not from the regulars so much as the lurkers.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Just out of curiousity, what would be the rate for say, a 1000sf of commercial?

If your cleaning rate justifies the price you have in mind for 1000sf, why would you drop it for 10000? Or is it the "bulk" method of thinking.

OR why is commercial treated like its throw away carpet? These people spend more time on this carpet than they do the $60/yd stuff at home.

If you charged 30cents/sf, 7000sf cleanable, thats $2100.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I didn't read all the post here but

I would do 20cents.
I do a school with about 11000 sqft and they get 19 cents
takes a day but it's damn good money for one truck for one day.
Although I like to have one guy cleaning at a time and two helpers.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Ron Werner said:

If your cleaning rate justifies the price you have in mind for 1000sf, why would you drop it for 10000? Or is it the "bulk" method of thinking.

OR why is commercial treated like its throw away carpet? These people spend more time on this carpet than they do the $60/yd stuff at home.

Bulk method pricing mostly...

also with VERY FEW exceptions, you would never get that price...WHY???? Bulk method, production work rather then "specialty" work aka houses...

You can clean 2000sqft of commercial 2-3x faster then the same sqft for houses...

Also you may be able to hit them up for quarterly cleaning, at worse twice a year, and no way are they gonna pay $2100 for 2-4 times a year cleaning..IF they do, good on you, no GREAT on you. you found that diamond in the rough..

Rex Tyus

Ron Werner said:

Pricing structures will vary greatly from area to area. As for why less per sf as the square footage increases, travel time, set up time, cancelation factors, and competition are all points to consider. There was a time when I would have bid it higher than I would now and not worry about whether I got it or not. With things as slow as they are around here now i would not let one slide by that I could aquire at a profit. Even when things pic up I will NEVER take for granted the low hanging fruit again.

Commercial is not treated like throw away carpet. It is just a much more competive arena. You can BID anything you like but if you stand a snowballs chance in Florida of getting the gig you better know the differnce between working all day at a profit or staying home and typing on the internet about how much you BID. I am not disagreeing with your pricipals Ron. If you can get .30 on a 10000 sf gig in your area I applaud you. Here, you better hope they don't get any other prices or they will think you are a crook at .30 for 10,000.

I almost forgot my price for 1000 sf of commercial would be between $150 and $250. Depending on access, time scheduled, soil load, furniture.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom