10,000 sq ft CGD How much do you charge

ErikG

Please Help I normally clean Residential . I was inducted today in my BNI group. I was given A referral from a Man who owns 2 buildings 10,000 sq ft Lsw office, Exspensive lawyers in this place. How much do I charge For HWE and or Bonnet cleaning. I do the measure tues ,PLEASE ANY HELP WOULD BE APRCIATED.

Chris A

Name
Chris
that's really a hard thing to ask others, price is so subjective. Do you know your production on empty or travel area residential? Give me a pm if you like, we do a little bit of comm. It all comes down to how many square feet you can do per hour, and how much you need to make per hour.

Bob Foster

HWE - I bet about two bits a foot. It could be a little finicky because it is a higher end office that would normally bring it up to 30 cents but because its large it brings it down to 25. Just my opinion.

If you can Cimex areas drop those areas to 15 cents

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Just try to get a rough idea of total carpeted areas. measure wall to wall not discounting furniture. You can buy a wheel or laser measurement device, but most of the time, I end up counting the 2 x 4 or 2 x 2 tiles if it has a drop ceiling. You will get a better production rate on com then res. Just go be confident and polite without answering to many unasked questions. Thank them for their time and tell them you need to get to the next appointment and ask for a e-mail or fax # to send them an estimate. Now you have all the measurements and can take your time and decide what you want to charge. A rule of thumb is half of your res sq footage rate. I bid com at .10-.18 per sq. as that is the going rate here.

Rex Tyus

It depends on how much you want it. Production time and access are a consideration. Furniture? wide open area? With no furniture easy access and a open area I would gett pretty cheap right now. If it is cubicals or teadious time consuming work i might tend to price it like moderate residental. Large commercial properties are more often than not very competive. An ICS pricing structure could insure someone else gets the call. To low and you will wish you had not taken it. Determine how long it will take you, product usage and determine a reasonable daily profit. Good luck. I hope it works out for you.

ErikG

Thank you for input , I will do the measure Tues And see how much Furniture there is. Im thing around 6500 sqft Cleanable of the two buildings.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Erick,

You are in a tough neck of the woods...AS YOU KNOW......

The SS in your neighborhood is cleaning @.15 & less on that amount of footage :roll:

You also have a guy with an A-TECH in the same price range...NOW that is just NUTTS:shock:

Make sure you can handle this job.....Attorneys are picky BasTurdS....If this is your 1st
refferal with the BNI :?: you must IMPRESS or it is a death sentance....

I am going to be in the office for about another 20 mins....call me..352-588-2499..

I need some more info on job ....I will do what I can to help you with your bid :!:

G

Anything over 1500 sqft I charge $0.25 for cleaning only($2500). $0.40($4000) for protectant and cleaning using Scotch Guard with Teflon as recommended for warranty purpose.

G

What are you "selling" that requires you to charge taxes,and if that is how it is in Florida,then you guys better leave Cali remarks aside,cause that is just stupid.It is labor,no taxes.

Rex Tyus

Kevin P said:
What are you "selling" that requires you to charge taxes,and if that is how it is in Florida,then you guys better leave Cali remarks aside,cause that is just stupid.It is labor,no taxes.
There was a misunderstood part of Florida's tax code several years back that required tax on commercial cleaning. It was cleared up back in 2000 or 2001. Ricky must not have gotten the memo.

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
How much $$$ do you need to make per hour?

How many hours will it take to do the job?

Multiply what you need to make per hour by how many man hours it's gonna take.

Divide that by the square footage you measure.

Now you know what you need to charge PSF.

It's not what you charge PSF that matters, it's what you make per man hour.

G

Rex Tyus said:
[quote="Kevin P":2mj9fsfi]What are you "selling" that requires you to charge taxes,and if that is how it is in Florida,then you guys better leave Cali remarks aside,cause that is just stupid.It is labor,no taxes.
There was a misunderstood part of Florida's tax code several years back that required tax on commercial cleaning. It was cleared up back in 2000 or 2001. Ricky must not have gotten the memo.[/quote:2mj9fsfi]
So is Ricky pocketting the money?

ErikG

I dont know what im up against untill Tues, I asked what you would chrge for 10,ooo sq ft, lets say 7000 cleanable

G

You could always do a test area so there are no surprises with what you charged.

PS-charge what you want or can

ErikG

Kevin P said:
You could always do a test area so there are no surprises with what you charged.

PS-charge what you want or can

Thats What I planned on doing , Ask for the dirtiest 100sq ft

ErikG

Im only assuming it is cgd what if the lawyers have nice plush carpet , would You chrge more for a berber ???

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I'd go in at 11.9 cents a sq ft and under bid Bawb.

Then I would bonnet clean the whole place.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
bob vawter said:
i'd go in at 12 cent........................

me to...but with a twist...

take that number, and try to figure how long, and all the other blah blah...then see if it hits your price per what ever...hr, day, week, etc...

sometimes it comes down to tweaking numbers to make them fit for you and the custy...

if things are picked up, and its not horribly cluttered..$.12 ON THE 10,000!!!!! or the wall to wall equivlant... Did you know its harder to go around stuff, then to clean an empty??? Seriously, how do you guys go and do a measurement on these things?? what if they move more stuff?? oops more carpet to clean... what if they move less?? ooops less to clean etc. etc.

damn just keep it simple for you and them..(this goes for everyone)

G

Kevin P said:
[quote="Rex Tyus":33rq7deh][quote="Kevin P":33rq7deh]What are you "selling" that requires you to charge taxes,and if that is how it is in Florida,then you guys better leave Cali remarks aside,cause that is just stupid.It is labor,no taxes.
There was a misunderstood part of Florida's tax code several years back that required tax on commercial cleaning. It was cleared up back in 2000 or 2001. Ricky must not have gotten the memo.[/quote:33rq7deh]
So is Ricky pocketting the money?[/quote:33rq7deh]

Actually in florida; the only COMMERCIAL that are statutorially exempt from sales taxes is APARTMENTS!!! Unless I misunderstood the question; this was a bid for a lawyers office. In Florida any service or product sold is taxable; only exceptions are Tax exempt orginizations and APARTMENTS.

Rex Tyus

Rick. CARPET CLEANING is exempt from sales tax. It doesn't matter if it is a lawyers office or a brothel.

Rex Tyus

FCC said:
http://dor.myflorida.com/dor/taxes/cleaning.html

oiops missed the exempt...sorry

Rick click on this link FCC did the work for you. Scroll down to exemptions.

ron markam

Figure how much you need to make per hour then figure the hours it will take.This is not rocket science.No offense to the the guy who originally pasted the question but you should be able to judge pretty well how long it will take.I have one that takes us 7 hours we make right at 2 stacks.Three guys doing the work. IF I was to post the sq ft price I would be crucified but at almost 300 per hor who cares. Disclaimer: Please dont be offended but P-i makles me somewhat aggerssive. Peace!!!!!

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I was thinking like Wayne but if you really want it I would advise against faxing it or sending it by e mail, I would try to deliver it to the decision maker

Mr.V

forget the "cleanable area"

if an office is 10 x 10 and has a desk,filing cabinets etc.......it's still 100 sq.ft. IMO

It's a PITA going around stuff

I'd go .15-.25 depending on soil level but I'm in the great white north

ErikG

Do you all feel that way if theres furniture your not going to move , still charge for that 30 sq ft plus ....

G

Actually in florida; the only COMMERCIAL that are statutorially exempt from sales taxes is APARTMENTS!!! Unless I misunderstood the question; this was a bid for a lawyers office. In Florida any service or product sold is taxable; only exceptions are Tax exempt orginizations and APARTMENTS.[/quote]

My Bad guys; my business cover 2 parts of cleaning service; My wife(the accountant) had to set me straight on this; c/c no taxes; janitorial taxes!

:oops:

sorry erik; disreguard taxes

G

Kevin P said:
[quote="Rex Tyus":3jf9lc0s][quote="Kevin P":3jf9lc0s]What are you "selling" that requires you to charge taxes,and if that is how it is in Florida,then you guys better leave Cali remarks aside,cause that is just stupid.It is labor,no taxes.
There was a misunderstood part of Florida's tax code several years back that required tax on commercial cleaning. It was cleared up back in 2000 or 2001. Ricky must not have gotten the memo.[/quote:3jf9lc0s]
So is Ricky pocketting the money?[/quote:3jf9lc0s]

No I pay sales taxes; But I don't take care of the books and invoicing; after looked at the link I asked wife if we were doing this; she replied no; We only charge sales taxes on janitorial cleaning; not carpet cleaning. Thats why I don't open the check book; she is the accountant!![imgurl=:3jf9lc0s][/imgurl:3jf9lc0s]

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
ErikG said:
Do you all feel that way if theres furniture your not going to move , still charge for that 30 sq ft plus ....

In a word

HELL YES!!! :!: :!:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom