Randy
Well i thought i would share this with everyone here
i signed up for yodle for 3 months
what a waste
internet just that not great here in sc yet
I"M goin to up my newspaper ads
to 2 a week seems to work better than anything we do at this time

dgargan

I think the internet should be just as good in SC as anywhere else. Have you tried Service magic? Our service area is about the same as yours as far as size goes and it works for us. We receive 12-15 leads per month from SM. We may only book 3-4 of those but it is still proffitable. Your web site is good and that is a big part of getting people to call. I am not sure how Yodle works but Sm has you fill out a profile with lots of info about your company and before and after pics and a direct link to your Web site. You should give it a try.

What do they charge you per lead?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Yodle must have a few bugs to work out.

I checked out Yodle for my local area and searched for carpet cleaning.

On the first page of 10 listings only 2 were carpet cleaners from my area the rest were over 60 miles or more away and 2 were from an other state.

Even if the search results were better. I don't understand why a cleaner would choose to advertise with their competition. Whether it be on the web. Yellow Pages or valpak.

Advertising with your competition just waters down your marketing dollar.

There are many productive ways to advertise without competition.

Such as: Networking, Referral Sources, Joint Ventures and Cross Marketing to name a few.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
The peeps from Yodle are pretty hard sellers..I am not sure what they are about because I haven't really looked into them..I don't listen to hard sellers.

If they are a pay per lead company, I am pretty sure I wouldn't do that again unless it was really cheap.

Service Magic is a great idea BUT NOT FOR CARPET CLEANERS.

If your average ticket is $200.00 bucks and you are paying $20.00 for each warm lead, you will start losing money after your 5th lost lead...and they are usually prices shoppers. So then your average ticket will be about $65.00 to $90.00? Your just making up for money lost.

If you are a kitchen remodeler who's average ticket is $10,000 then it's a great idea.

There is bit of money to be made if you get lucky or have no other cleaner in the area but it's not worth the headaches it takes to participate in the program.

I tried it out for about 6 months I think and it's just not worth it.

It was a huge releif to get rid of Service Magic and Reach Local...each are a little different but the same idea.

Now if the leads were about $3.00 to $5.00 each...I might consider it.
Maybe I will have a talk with them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom