Yelp reviewers!

SamIam

Name
sam miller
So you shall not refund her, right?
I'm guessing no and if I do it would be cash in person only to the lady who paid me.

I'm afraid the other lady wants a check so she can make fake check with my account number.

Call me paranoid.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
image.png

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
Lucky they didn't threaten to put you on 20/20 with Diane Sawyer and Marty Saifer or whatever that guys name is...

Reactions: SamIam
Name
Nate W.
Fricken Sammy, did you forget your iron at home? :yawn:

From both Yelp postings, she was never going to be a repeat customer and anyone she knows most likely you wouldn't want as a customer..... Tell her take a long walk off a short pier.......

But if it were me, you know what I'd do.......:lol:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Fricken Sammy, did you forget your iron at home? :yawn:

From both Yelp postings, she was never going to be a repeat customer and anyone she knows most likely you wouldn't want as a customer..... Tell her take a long walk off a short pier.......

But if it were me, you know what I'd do.......:lol:

Hoser

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Yesterday a prospect emailed me photos of super trashed carpet and microfiber sofa--- I declined the work and told her the items needed to be replaced--

Hope you learned to do the same, Sam

Sent my guys on a estimate yesterday to even see if it was cleanable.
Tenants glued flower patches on the carpet.

My guys laughed and said good luck.

Lady had 6 rooms said she could get 4 bedroom from homedepot replaced for $600.00

I LOL when they told me that.

Why are we here again????

Ron K

Is this experience going to make you, Sam, do follow up calls?
Do you, Sam, leave any direct instructions now as to how to get customer concerns satisfied before they become a Fluster Cluck like this?
Let me say, I don't but, seeing what has happened here maybe we all should.
This should be a wake up call to all it's "the new normal".

Reactions: SamIam and Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
Ive spent the last week with a guy who owns a restaurant. 4 stars on Yelp

Absolutely hates yelp with a passion for this reason, rather than complain about something they could fix while they are there dinning, peoplevtske they easy waynout to vent and teach the oweners a lesson.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
This should be a wake up call to all it's "the new normal".

I agree.. as America comes closer to collapse people are more stressed out and eger to get things for free.

Some times I think it's easier to get a bad review then a good review on yelp... I can't tell you how many times customers have said they were going to write us a great review and then never do...

Reactions: Newman

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Some times I think it's easier to get a bad review then a good review on yelp... I can't tell you how many times customers have said they were going to write us a great review and then never do...

Exactly...people go on these bitching sites to complain and teach you about bohica.
And you have to bag for positive feedback.

Somewhat understandable: when they spend 200-300-400+ dollars -even if they are satisfied- people will not be overjoyed and rush to spread the news. Rather, they will try to forget about it quickly.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
We take pictures of every job, "film is cheap"..

Delete most of them a few weeks later.
Pixels, Lee. Pixels.

Not sure about the militant approach here.
  • Some people are unreasonable, most are very reasonable.
  • Some are out to get you. The vast majority just want a decent job and to see that you make an effort.
  • Most people understand that some reviews are unreasonable and will not hold it against you. However, if they see a pattern of complaints that will alarm potential clients. And if the response to the complaint is inappropriate (or no response) that will be very telling as well.

I have no idea if the review was justified or not (I trust Sam that he did a good job) but in a sense it makes no difference. What matters is his public (and yes, also in person) response.

Buckle up and get off your horse Sam :winky:

Last edited:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I lost mine (memory that is) a long time ago.
I guess you could say that I am no longer a card holder.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
You know I agree with better follow up but when we leave we say let it dry if there's any peoblrm
Call us we guarantee our work.

As for a response I sent her a refund will see after she cash the check if she keeps her word.

If not I have her lying a couple of times I would be more then willing to post my experience dealing with 2 different people sharing my text messages back and forth.

A let the public decide whose cucu for coco puffs.

Right now she just wants a refund

Last edited:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
My Yelp response

Wowzer let me start again by apologizing for everything not meeting your expectation.

We arrived dealt with one woman I assume Mesha?

We walked the job site and pointed out a few permanent stains.

I didn't micro inspect all the areas nor was I asked about a few orange drink stain in some of the rooms.

We set by vacuuming the 8 rooms hall steps bath and walk in closet.

We pre sprayed all the carpet with flex with citrus by bridge point booster it with citrus booster by chemspec.

After we CRB'd or scrubbed the entire carpet. Followed by steam cleaning all the areas with 220 degree steam using a 25k truck mount.

We started upstairs where the non air conditioned part of the house was 87 degrees it was about a 100 outside that day.

We dropped our 6 fans through out to dry the carpet as fast as possible.

The second lady who didn't talk to us much except to try and make sure we didn't let in any killer lizards approached us after looking around and noticing some of the stain were still there said "you guys cleaned the carpet and nothing came out??

We were kind of put back because as we were cleaning there was a noticeable improvement to the carpet wall to wall.

At that point I walked around cut a few hair dye stains out and treated all the remaining stains with stain magic at no charge I used about $15.00 worth of product.

I then walked up to the First Lady we had sign the contract and told her what we did and said " let it dry if there's any problem please give us a call."

I tell all customers 2 things the hard surfaces are slippery No Ice Skating. And if you see anything your not happy about when it dries call me.

Needless to say one of the ladies went on Yelp gave us a 1 star review saying we promised every stain out and got no stains out we just spread them around.

I called no answer message on Yelp and texted.

I got a few Yelp and text response saying they wouldn't allow us back and we're going to use somebody else.

Here is my text conversation with Mesha

Me
It sam the carpet guy I'm sorry the carpet don't look good still I can bring a rotary extractor and try flushing the carpet out preferably early before it gets to hot.

I can bring dye stain remover for the orange stains. Usually red orange and ink is extra spotting and costs more. But I'm willing to work on the stains at no charge.

I did try some stain remover some times you need to use a iron that helps.

Mesha

No thank you... I have someone else doing it

Me

Would you be willing to remove the review if I refunded all your money? If not I understand.

Mesha
Review will be removed as soon as refund is received. Please mail to address on file

We mailed her a check on Thursday

I would be frustrated to they rented the house as is from the landlord and are trying to start a home business. I do believe if given the opportunity I could've improved some areas would it have been enough?

Will never know.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom