Yelp Comunicado

Mikey P

Administrator
Lately almost everyday we have been getting messages through yelps private message system to customers wanting quotes and/or reschedule jobs ask for running late basically do all the communication through the Yelp platform most of time they don't leave a phone number either so it's kind of frustrating specially when its for the California business and I'm over here on the right side I don't know if this will continue but I can't say I like it all that much. Are any of you yelp benefactors experiencing the same phenomenon?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Sounds just like the Facebook platform they are trying to copy.

Yesterday I had 24 contacts just from carpet cleaners on Facebook PM... Plus 8 clients and potential customers doing the Facebook private message...

My phone seems to light up like a Christmas tree all day!

But, I think it's part of the new newer Era of communication unfortunately...

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Lately almost everyday we have been getting messages through yelps private message system to customers wanting quotes and/or reschedule jobs ask for running late basically do all the communication through the Yelp platform most of time they don't leave a phone number either so it's kind of frustrating specially when its for the California business and I'm over here on the right side I don't know if this will continue but I can't say I like it all that much. Are any of you yelp benefactors experiencing the same phenomenon?

Exact quote from one I got a couple of days ago... Yelp.
"8x10 rug how much?"

No other info, none...

Not yelp, I love it when they specifically state "please respond by email"! Uggg, sure how big and how dirty is your house?

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I feel your pain Mikey. I feel like responsing to messages through is very inefficient.. I wish they would just call to ask the basic questions or just go to our website.. But someone told me to be flexible and respond to the prospects in the same format that they contacted you on the first place.
So now I have several "form" letters saved in my clipboard to make it quicker and easier to respond. I guess we should just be greatfull they even contacted us.

Reactions: Mikey P

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
Just posted a video on this and tweeted it out. Having it and NOT replying is like saying to people, screw you, I'll get back to you when I want to. Unfortunately EVERYONE can see the lag time...

steve_64

I want to avoid those troubles. If the doesnt ring they arent that intetested.

jesssed

Name
jesse
Let's talk yelp I'm #4 ranking on yelp in my city in california is it worth it to pay 375@month for ads?

Beeks

Name
J.R.
Yes. Went from getting 1 message every 3 months, to 4-5 messages a week. They added a Request a Quote option on the organic listings, letting customers know how long you respond. We killin it with 2 hours, closest to us is 1 day. Dude a few spots down responds in 7 days, that's my motto, if they can't wait a week ,they don't want it bad enough.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
The anonymous, "how much fo a three bedroom house" emails are either looky-loos or (I suspect) competitors price phishing.

So I always answer politely and ask them to call.

The ones that do, buy. The ones that do not, screw 'em.

Reactions: jcooper

Mikey P

Administrator
Two more today, one as I was reading a Yelp thread here...lo,

Neither of which responded to my question to them...

I suspect fowl play..

Screenshot_2016-03-13-19-32-48.png

Reactions: jcooper

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Two more today, one as I was reading a Yelp thread here...lo,

Exact words from one today...:oldrolleyes:

"Move out carpet cleaning just a one bed room apartment with a living room downstairs"

No town name, phone number, stairs?, email, no info...

Really starting to think it might be better to turn this off and make them call or at least make them fill out our form(website). At least then I'd have email, town name and phone...

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]I can see myself getting annoyed with the vague b.s. questions and getting myself a bad review.[/FONT]

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
did that member have any reviews or activity on Yelp?

That's a great idea, didn't know I could see their profile!

Omg, lol......
Turns out this specific person wanting a quote is from flipping Washington... A little far for us:hopeless:!

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
That's a great idea, didn't know I could see their profile!

Omg, lol......
Turns out this specific person wanting a quote is from flipping Washington... A little far for us:hopeless:!

Are they looking to move to your area?

Just a question as sometimes we get contacts and suspect the same thing at first....

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I quoted a small palace remodeling cleanup at $930. The guy found me on Angies List from out of state.

"Gee, we usually only pay $250-$320 for Houses, can we work with the price?

After thinking it over, I politely turned it down but with an offer to help find a local woman to clean it.

What I am saying is the long-range requests seem to be very cautious and cheap. So it goes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom