Wraps at 65mph..

Mikey P

Administrator
Sure the Billy Hicks Zoo Mobile looks good in a parking lot but do you think anyone can figure out that they clean carpet at 65 mph?

Most "wraps" are that way. Too convoluted to read at speed

I bet this one will out pull most..

TRUCK.jpg

rhyde

Name
rhyde
I disagree at 65 MPH the attention would be purely emotional eye catching that truck is plain let’s face it there’s nothing exciting for aconsumer about carpet cleaning. There’s simply no emotional connection with this Vortex it’s just a cleaner so is Stanley steamer, coit, Chem-dry all better branded than this truck.

IMO…A wrap should at a glance and evoke some emotional response without having to read. The real value is the branding colors and graphics people remember shapes & colors way better than letters and numbers. Some guys are in a different well established referral driven business or like Steve Frasier well established mostly commercial work and probably doesn’t need anything on his truck.

1539815854_aa461c39c3.jpg

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I read Hyde's truck going down the freeway one day

he was doing about 55 and I was doing about 65 trying to catch him

since when can a Vortex do 65 :shock:

get more unwanted attention by people passing me on a steep slope :?

I really don't think a wrap is worth the money

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I was just thinking that the other day and a PT crusier pulled up with its wrap advertising ,
Wraps.

I had to really stare to figure out what the hell they were saying.

Name
Ron lippold
you guys have to be frickin crazy, I cant tell you how many jobs i have got just off the truck, they tell me we see your trucks all over. Thanks guys for making it so easy.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
steve frasier said:
he was doing about 55 and I was doing about 65 trying to catch him
since when can a Vortex do 65 :shock:

I really don't think a wrap is worth the money

i've hit 70"ish...on a down hill

I agree Steve a wrap for you is a waste.

It’s worked out good for us I’ve certainly gotten business and recognition from it I’ve even had a few clients say after they saw the truck then realize it’s been awhile and that alone brought them through the door. it looks better than most lettered trucks & it’s cheaper than a reasonable size yellow page add but you get much better exposure.

The biggest detractors of a wrap seem to be those that don’t have them.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've thought about a wrap. I know someone who does good work. I need a good design though. Can still keep a wrap simple I think.

Rhyde, I like your sig brudda.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
You still have to take a good second look at Hick's........ just sitting still in the piggly wiggly parking lot you have to really study it to realize it is a carpet cleaning truck.....

Jay D

Name
Jay D
You can't see the tree thru the forest. So many have WAY too much crap on them that you can't make out the message. I think KIrk Saiger had a good one in blue. Someone at a networking event was pitching wraps for advertising at $100 dollar commitment for 3 years( $3600) I had to laugh as that is what my 1994 ford is worth. Why waste a wrap on a older service truck. A decent white paint job and Basic easy to read lettering would be fine. IF I had a NEW truck it might be different but the wrap would be secondary to the LETTERING on the wrap.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
the items I get the most comments from are

the worlds most powerful cleaning machine

tile & grout

and believe it or not people say, "we just love your truck", after we are done cleaning their carpets. That is a no BS comment

vortexadpicturepf7.jpg

if I had a normal cargo van then I might consider a wrap but the truck by itself creates attention

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I got the NON-walk up model............But I think it is pretty easy to see and read

100_4097.jpg

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Jim Martin said:
I got the NON-walk up model............But I think it is pretty easy to see and read

100_4097.jpg

This one gets my vote.
You can see he's a carpet cleaner and you can read his phone number without having to look for it. Plus, he still has name recognition.
If I were a pompous ass I would say Bravo, jolly ol chap!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
admiralclean said:
If you're Harold posting in disguise, then you ARE a pompous ass.

I love Jim's truck. Wish I had one just like it.

Nope.

Jim, what's rig like that gonna cost me? With and without the wrap.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I bought mine use.............I changed a lot around and pretty much set it up like I wanted it...all in all it has been a great machine and truck... I have had a few mechanical problems this year but for as hard as I run it one better expect something to happen.. .even for the money I have put into it I am still ahead .... I really can't complain.

I did not put a wrap on mine it is just all graphics.......we has to many narrow drives with trees around here and with the graphics I just take it in and have my guy replace what ever gets messed up........so far I haven't had any problems....all the graphic's cost about $1000 for the entire truck....all the tinting and graphic's on the wind shield was a trade off so was the tinting on the windows.....

gasaxe

truckpics008.jpg

truckpics004.jpg

truckpics006.jpg

my idea was that the pics with the doors open and the cab colors would be attention getters but the box is straight forward... business name/logo, carpet cleaning, phone number..

i had a customer tell me the other day, "i like that truck. Now that looks like your serious about it, not some fly by night outfit.".
i have cleaned for this guy for several years now probably half a dozen times or more. retired pharmacist very well off, smart guy..

ive been really suprised at the draw of the wrap. I expected some but it has brought more response than i expected.

gasaxe

thats actually a transfer tank. 100 gals. you can pump the waste tank into that tank. the fresh tank is behind that tank, the hose reel and to the left of the hose reel, 240 gal fresh tank.

Bob Foster

For a non-graphics sign I like Jim Martins. It’s clean-cut, professional, informative and not cluttered.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I've been in business for 6 years with just lettering on my truck and it doesn't draw crap. My buddy just started with an old rusty Chevy. He put on a great wrap and started getting calls from it the second day. You can see his wrap at steam-green.com. Take it for what its worth. My next truck is getting wrapped.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I strongly disagree.

A good wrap should NOT have more than 7 words MAX, anything after that the consumer/driver will get BORED. Most people do not care of how big your tool box is, unless it's something they can emotionally relate to. Since carpet cleaning usually attracts more women, they deffinately don't care about how big of a truck you got or if it's the best in the world. When women think about getting their carpets cleaned they are looking for the ease, convinience, safe for the pets/family, how long it will take to dry, and if the men or women getting off the truck is trustworthy or not. It's always nice to have a professional image, and having a nice looking van/truck is beneficial for your company's image.

Most people are not word crazy, meaning they can relate alot more to attention getting visuals, pictures, etc. I am sure we all see dozens and dozens of HVAC white vans with letters out there, much more than carpet cleaning vans these days, and 95% of them just have letters on the sides. Do you remember what each one of those vans said? Probably not. While it's good for businesses to have at least something regardless of your financial or advertising beliefs, a good professional wrap will get you more business than a bad wrap.

Consumers get tired of advertisements 24/7, a good wrap will overcome that by displaying a picture/logo that is recognized in their mind. Advertisers usually refer this to Top of the Mind Awareness. Once that's established, the main advertising/letters will do it's job by providing with what your product does/benefits them.

You don't see the COCA COLA truck(which is 3-6 times the size of our trucks/vans), displaying their full menu item of products and services do ya?

coca_cola_thistle_cafe_m6.jpg

These are some of Coke's products...

Coca-Cola classic
Fanta
Pepe Rico
caffeine-free Coca-Cola classic
Fresca
PowerAde
Diet Coke
Fruitopia
Ramblin’ Root Beer
Caffeine-Free Diet Coke
Hi-C
Santiba
Cherry Coca-Cola
Mello Yello
Surge
Diet Cherry Coca-Cola
Diet Mello Yello
TAB
Sprite
Minute Maid Orange Soft Drink Windchill
Diet Sprite
Mr. Pibb
Minute Maid Premium Orange Juice
Barq’s Root Beer
Diet Mr. Pibb
Minute Maid Premium Juices
Diet Barq’s Root Beer
Nestea Iced Tea
Five Alive
Barq’s Creme Sodas
Cool from Nestea
Bright & Early
Diet Barq’s Creme Sodas
Citra
Bacardi Tropical Fruit Mixers

Other good examples of well done wraps that are NOT WORD CRAZY

Parts-Truck.jpg

Gotcha%20Infinity%20Truck%20Wrap%20LG.jpg

Truck%20-%20Sealy%20truck%20side%20500.jpg

We've all heard the old "You can't teach an old dog new tricks"...

At any age, You need the right training, the right information and the right tools.

I rest my case.

Bill Martins

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom