Would You Use This Video On Your Website?

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Plan on putting this on our websites guarantee page, yes some edits remain on text...
But would you use it?

[video=youtube_share;v96IxNw_irI]http://youtu.be/v96IxNw_irI[/video]

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/v96IxNw_irI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Who made that up for you. I hate the we clean corners statement. It seems worthless, over used and a throw away statement. instead get a USP/ slogan that is unique.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I think it's kind of cute but I'd lose the come back if not happy thing. Never promote a negative.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I think it's kind of cute but I'd lose the come back if not happy thing. Never promote a negative.

I agree. Why would you have to go back? You are the pro... Just put something simple like "all work guaranteed".

Other than that it's great. Yes, I would put it on my site. Maybe add some before/after photos, put that thing to work!

Mikey P

Administrator
I like it, could be a bit shorter or have more of a punch at the end to make me feel like it was worth the time more

It feel like it's working up to something magical that going to happen, only it doesn't. Some real clever drawing turning to a real life action scene I suppose..

How about having a line drawn carpet cleaner get out of his van, walk up the drive, pet the pooch, smell the flowers and when Mrs Pfit opens the door it all black and white inside , then as he walks out of the house with his wand and hoses the whole house turns to full technocolor...

When people ask what "Method Carpet Cleaning" means, what do you tell them?

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

Shawn Abbey

Name
Shawn Abbey
Don't get me wrong.... its cute! But I wouldn't use it.

1,584,385 carpet cleaners in this country have used one or more of those slogans in their advertising (no harsh chemicals, safe for children and pets, since 1996, guarantee, etc.). Do something completely different! Answer the question why Mrs. Jones should call you instead of your competition.

Your USP should be interwoven in the video. I saw selling positions, not UNIQUE selling positions.

My $.02

Beeks

Name
J.R.
From the consumers point of view i think the "cut corners" idea is great! Keep that. Overall the video is good, sure some of us CC with our personalities might not like it, but that's not who's purchasing services from you, it's consumers and mostly woman, and they will like it!

and i too would like to know the answer of, what does Method carpet clean mean?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
That corner cleaning statement is so overused it has 33 million results on Google. A slogan (and company) needs a USP. Emphasize a few of the things that make your company stand out amongst the pack, to make your ad and your company more memorable. Your ad doesn't really say anything different than any other company. I do however, like the line drawing media. I have seen it used effectively to make a point on several different things. I would make it almost all line drawing by the hand, as it focuses the viewer's attention and makes them wonder what the drawing will be. That way it gives a much bigger impact than a photo. (Although having the drawing come to life (As Mike suggested)at the end might be a nice touch if you can pull it off)

Last edited:

Beeks

Name
J.R.
That corner cleaning statement is so overused it has 33 million results on Google. A slogan (and company) needs a USP. Emphasize a few of the things that make your company stand out amongst the pack, to make your ad and your company more memorable. Your ad doesn't really say anything different than any other company. I do however, like the line drawing media. I have seen it used effectively to make a point on several different things. I would make it almost all line drawing by the hand, as it focuses the viewer's attention and makes them wonder what the drawing will be. That way it gives a much bigger impact than a photo. (Although having the drawing come to life (As Mike suggested)at the end might be a nice touch if you can pull it off)
i dont necessarily think that he is saying that is his "slogan" but more just letting the customer know that they do work that others dont, and that they are thorough. But i do hear what you are saying, but to ad to that, most consumers are not like us, we do research on companys far and wide, most consumers probably have not hear the line before.

Reactions: Ken Snow
Name
Bruce
I would put that on my website right now. It was completely different , there was no of the following ----- van pulling up to the house , two slobs getting out of the van , home owner that answers the door looking hot as hell and the rest of the video showing how carpets are cleaned.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
By the end of the year we will probably make/buy 20 different videos. Some will be good, some bad... most better then everyone else in my market.

I just keep trying everyday, win some/lose some is how i look at it. Just a numbers game....

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Who made that white board video for you? (You can PM back) I could use one for a different project I'm working on. Not Carpet cleaning.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
There's a local Sams Club Cleaner that uses "we dont cut corners we clean em" nearby, lol

So No, sorry but that statement erks me now.

Unless your gonna start using Purple Power and Odo Ban of Course :dejection:

Total_Rookie

Name
Joseph Torrez
I like it, could be a bit shorter or have more of a punch at the end to make me feel like it was worth the time more

It feel like it's working up to something magical that going to happen, only it doesn't. Some real clever drawing turning to a real life action scene I suppose..

How about having a line drawn carpet cleaner get out of his van, walk up the drive, pet the pooch, smell the flowers and when Mrs Pfit opens the door it all black and white inside , then as he walks out of the house with his wand and hoses the whole house turns to full technocolor...

When people ask what "Method Carpet Cleaning" means, what do you tell them?

Now that I would put on my website.

Beeks

Name
J.R.
There's a local Sams Club Cleaner that uses "we dont cut corners we clean em" nearby, lol

So No, sorry but that statement erks me now.

Unless your gonna start using Purple Power and Odo Ban of Course :dejection:
I died laughing when you posted this, this is hard to admit, but when i subcontracted for a bait n switch scumbag, before i knew anything about carpet cleaning, this is exactly what i used. I used purple power as my "corrective cleaning" and i used odoban to upsell enzyme. I honestly thought this was the end all be all for CC, and the owner never taught us different. He actually bought this stuff and started out new techs with it.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
A lot of us started like that(subs for b&s), Beeks.

I like to think, I learned how NOT to do/run things first.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Chris....how did you learn to be such a smart ass on the board......I LOVE IT!!!!

Reading Jimmy's posts ;)

How about cleaning the smell of ass and booze out of the bars with Greased Lightning. Hackers make it hard for legitimate and honest companies to survive so I kick em in the nuts when they need it.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Not supposed to be a company overview...

Read my original post, it is about the guarantee. Don't worry about one phrase/sentence the guy just looked at my website or googled cleaning.
Pretty easy to delete something.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Not supposed to be a company overview...

Read my original post, it is about the guarantee. Don't worry about one phrase/sentence the guy just looked at my website or googled cleaning.
Pretty easy to delete something.

Sorry for the highjack Shane, ya know it tends to get a little crazy around here at times.

I liked the musical and the drawing was outstanding. Positively One of a kind to a point.

I have to tell ya in my honest opinion (and opinions are like taking a dump, we all do it) the Guarantee 30day bit might haunt ya, to many people are out to take advantage of others thesedays and I would be super afraid of it biting me in the rear. Seems like your looking backwards instead of forwards.
When I get asked, and this is just me, I state verbally 3 day resoiling guarantee. So far it has worked and I know good and well that there will be no resoiling issues : ) Unless I get desperate and head to Sams Club, lol

Also as stated earlier, where's the color explosion? Needs a BIG BANG at the end and pretty colors would def do it.

To me this whole advertising thing is sorta like the candy bars in the checkout line, you keep staring at it and you know you want it, it's right there within reach so might as well go for it.
How do I draw in that Venge shopper hook line and sinker everytime? The longer and more drawn out it is, the less of the customers attention we keep on the subject matter. Then once we get them, How do we make sure that they eat the best dang candy bar ever produced? Get them addicted to you!

Two rules I did learn over 12 years in advertising, selling guns and ammo was: KISS and Mis Prints

Kiss = Keep it simple stupid
Mis Prints = Attention Getters. This one stumped us all, but it worked. Every butt chewing I ever got for not proofing something was a huge success in the end and won me the largest sales tickets in the companies 30+ year history. Not sure if it would work in the CC Industry or not so.....

Going to crawl back in my hole now.

Chris

Reactions: Shane Deubell
Name
Allison
I wouldn't use it as a main commercial or anything, but for a video on a guarantee page I thought it was great. It's cute and I like the tune (still stuck in my head). I'd say go for it.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Your video is excellent, creative, and catchy. Sure you could tweak any video you make forever striving for a perceived perfection but...

You have 211 videos on your utube channel! Good work. We create these mainly for seo purposes, it is not a commercial coming on after Oprah.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I like it, something different! I don't like the one shot of "No Dangerous Chemicals", I skip that. No point in bringing that up at all.

The other thing is the ending features your website address but if you are viewing it, wouldn't you already be at the website???

Other that that yes I'd put it on my website!

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I like it, something different! I don't like the one shot of "No Dangerous Chemicals", I skip that. No point in bringing that up at all.

The other thing is the ending features your website address but if you are viewing it, wouldn't you already be at the website???

Other that that yes I'd put it on my website!

Hope everything is ok in your parts? must have been a wild 24 hours.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom