Would you sub work from me?

G

I will market my company in your area on an on-going basis,and sign an exclusive agreement giving you contract for ALL of my jobs.
I will handle all bookings,follow up marketing, and customer service from my location,building a solid residential customer base for your company to service.

You will :
provide adequate (late model)TM equipment and certifications (carpet and Upholstery at least) and experience.
5 star on site service
Present yourself as my company(van lettering,written materials,etc.).
Desire to grow a business that will be worth$$$.

The cut? 60/40 1st $100 (me 40)
80/20 after that

Interested? Live in the Southeast? (Georgia,a real plus)
PM me.
yes, I'm serious.

A. wilson

Do you really want to have a bunch of unproven subs out there doing marginal work (at best) with your name stamped all over it? No disrespect but, the main candidates are going to be guy's in financial trouble not busy enough to keep themselves afloat or newbies.

Not knowing if your pricing structure would fit in another city, it will be hard for someone established to give up 40% of their money and remain profitable.

If you can make it work you're lucky and/or very good.

Good Luck if you give it a try.

Scott

Nope.

I have a standing rule.

We don't do sub work.

But it may be good for someone else!

Scott

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I would sub work but I wouldn't change my brand to do it. I would put another truck on if you guaranteed an amount of work and I would need your price structure to make sure I was making enough or I would just do a per sq ft with you.

G

Thank you all for your responses.(thank you twice,thang)
Scott, this was not really directed at you,or Al,or any of you who have been in this biz for awhile.

Not everyone has the complete package needed to be successful in this biz. Most new businesses go under due to lack of capitol or business experience. And usually by the time you know what to do with your advertising dollars,they're already gone.

Guys posting on ICS 1500 sq.ft + sofa & loveseat for $150 come to mind.
And all the guys who say that's good money.

Scott

stevie b said:
Thank you all for your responses.(thank you twice,thang)
Scott, this was not really directed at you,or Al,or any of you who have been in this biz for awhile.

Not everyone has the complete package needed to be successful in this biz. Most new businesses go under due to lack of capitol or business experience. And usually by the time you know what to do with your advertising dollars,they're already gone.

Guys posting on ICS 1500 sq.ft + sofa & loveseat for $150 come to mind.
And all the guys who say that's good money.

Roger that, Steve.

There is a place for sub work; however, it doesn't do ones' own company an ounce of good to build another business' brand.

If I was to start over knowing what I know now, I still wouldn't do sub work; but if I was a young, hungry new biz owner learning the ropes, you bet I'd jump all over it. Compared to other sub work (MMM's come to mind) that's a very enticing offer you have laid out.

Scott

G

My only thoughts is why somone would pay somone else with only 7 years exp 40% just for the name/marketing. What mistakes and errors have you encountered in those 7 years.

-JB-

Name
JB
Ya guarantee me 125k a year and we can talk, cause I ain't taking a pay cut for nobody! :wink:

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I do sub outs all the time for national property managers no skin off my nose. I get my rate and they never get complaints and they charge 3 times my rate. It works to the tune of about $40,000 a year

Name
Ron lippold
No head ache

Look Gary dos it all the time he will work for 30% of the value of his service.

I mean for crist sake this is a service market.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I think you meant Greg and again Ron I would always love to challenge you to a what I got vs. what you got competition anyday

G

I guess I need to update my profile. I've been in this business since 1988.
I've had SteamCraft for 7 years. First certification in 92.

I started with a little red Steamex portable.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
it would be loser. Please if you are going to post so often learn how to spell. What is the matter Ron still renting? I have a few properties you can rent, I even have some in your area. And go f&^% yourself Brevik, I know what I got may not compare to what you got:) Hit 41 yesterday on a par 35. How you doin

Keep making fun of my pricing Ron, I love to work and spend less on marketing. My Dad died four months before I was born, so it would be an easy win for your Dad or Breviks sister but my brother Pat played line for the Redskins so she may have trouble with his fat ass..

Name
Ron lippold
everything is a choice pal.

I don't get paid to spell so stfu

Get real and accept some responsibility for your self

It is you that you have to answer to

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I might be interested, I do sub work for several restoration compaines, I do the dry outs and water extractions, reinstalls, and cleaning, often times the people see my work, and use MY company next time they need cleaning, the restoration compaines don't have a problem with me doing the cleaning, I am mindful not to cut up under them, because I value relationships, when I make appointments with their people I always tell them this is steve with fill in the blank company, my vehicle is lettered with my company name and they don't have a problem with that.

I would be willing to do something similar to what i do for the other guys, however I would not change my company name or lettering on my vehicle.

Scott

stevie b said:

You will :
Present yourself as my company(van lettering,written materials,etc.).

PS - Steve, before you include this requirement (and others), you may want to visit the IRS' rules on authorized subcontracting before they visit you for unauthorized subing. #16, 17 and 18 raise some questions - esp. since you require your marketing materials and van lettered w/your name.

http://www.peaksbc.com/Articles/employee_vs_independent_contract.htm

Scott

Fon Johnson

So you want a top notch clean cut guy who has experience and nice new shiny top of the line equipment. They they will take all of this and use it under your name. They will portray themselves as working for you. Make up your mind, do you want sub contractors, or employees? Maybe I can find some guys that that here..

G

Fon,I've already had someone in your area contact me,so don't bother.

Look guys,I've got some friends that just opened their 400th restaurant(ZAXBYS). They are just a little bit franchise-giddy right now,and have eye balled me for a couple of years. They just started another restaurant franchise here in Athens called The Tarter House.

Anyway,their pockets are bottomless.
Starting to get the picture?
It's not my desire to have alot of sub locations.
A few test markets would be nice though.

What if you started as a sub(with all the marketing benefits that I described) and then converted to a less costly franchise arrangement once you have established some clients,etc.,in say a year or two.

Thinking outside the box.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom