Would you do it for $75.00

brite n clean

I had a lady call today, with an empty modular and wanted a combo living dining room, hall and 8x10 bedroom, empty rental. I told her 80 bucks she said 75 and we have a deal. I took it. Would you have this time of year? I'll take just about anything to stay out of the house.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
You said it, you'd rather do it then nothing at all. I think you answered your own question.

Only thing I can tell you when you give a break let them know that it was discounted. Reflect it on the invoice and jot it down somewhere. This way when you send a postcard for a percentage off they won't get it from the discounted price.

Albert

diamond brian

Opportunity Cost is a term financial experts use when assessing this type of conundrum.

For us BDCCs, determining opportunity cost is simple. When allocating assets, opportunity cost is the value of your next best alternative.

For example: You have nothing going on at that time and choose the job. Well, your opportunity cost = $0

So, you missed out on $0 by doing the job. You made wise use of your company's assets for that given hour or two (but Dave Rampage would have gotten $750).

It's a long-winded, roundabout, seemingly high-brow way of looking at your topic. However, opportunity cost is a concept basic to corporate finance and a good term to throw out while talking to your banker.

-JB-

Name
JB
Damn Brian! How the F'k is a BDCC supposta understan dat? :shock: :lol:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
that dude is a newbie to the biz

AND it's still winter time in Akron Ohio

i think he'd be nutz not to do it

Gene, I'll be Akron tomorrow goofing around.
Going down the Kame's Sports to pic up some shooting supplies.
I'll end up in the Chapel Hill area too

wanna do lunch?

..L.T.A.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
i don't know.....if there was nothing happening at the shop..maybe

Or maybe I'd go home play with the kids make dinner so the wife doesn't have to, work on marketing, long-term business planning it's 75 bucks but that's all it is.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I would have said yes with the condition if was real bad there would be a small extra charge. Possibly per spot or piece of gum.

doug450

That is just about what I have been charging in these slow times,I have a porty and it takes me longer,THAT SUCKS!,I think the custy should pay more because all the time I am spending there,just joking about they should pay more,its my fault for having only a porty.

I have been having to turn down some big jobs cause I dont want to do them with my porty,I know a couple people that have the big jobs for me and they get there carpets done regular so pretty much as long as I do a good job those jobs are waiting for me and my trkmount to get going,there good people and want to see me do good in my business so there going to give me a chance to gain there business,I just need to make sure I do a good job

horray I just picked up a trk mount yesterday so now when I have to take those jobs I will not feel so bad cause the time will be cut way down now.

Doug

Becker

Name
Becker
It's 3/4 of a tank a gas you did not have before.

When times are lean, ya take what you can get.

Ya did not lose money doing it right?

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
for me not this time of year or any other.

thanx --- Derek.

G

Richard Chavez said:
If I were busy there would be NO way!

However if I had nothing else to do, it's money and I'd jump at it! :D

Same here! :D

GRHeacock

Your kids want to eat.

Your wife wants to eat.

You want to eat.

The money for eating does not fall out of the sky.

Since I like to eat, I would do the job.

If business is booming, and this represents a lowering of standards, then I would pass.

And I like pie for dessert, too.

Gary

-JB-

Name
JB
75 is better than 0.00

As long as it doesn't cost ya $75.01 to get/do the job, unfortunately that IS the case a lot of the time w/us BDCC's, and we don't even know it.

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
She would have paid the $80 no problem. Someone probably told her to never pay carpet cleaners full price because they always try to rip you off. You should have stuck to your price and explained what she would have gotten for $80. If she still wanted to argue over $5 I would not have done the job.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Tell her I'll do it for $70.00 plus trip charge from Billings MT.

My regular charge would be somewhere around $115-$125 minus 10% for empty. (That's assuming the combo room is 14x20 and the hall is 40 sq. ft.)

glenboy

Name
GLEN
cashflow

i would do it sure this time of year sucks cash is low .i feel lucky i got a whole basement that i quoted three years ago told custy 200 and when hubby left the room she slipped 300 cash i think shes crazy but she loves my work :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :) :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom