Would some of you mind

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
taking a moment to check out our new website? I just published it and it is still in the midst of being indexed by Google, however all of it is accessible from any pc or cell phone as far as I can tell.

Being on a pathetic budget I built it myself. It probably took me around 80 hours of work and researching stuff about seo and some other basics, and cost $300 for the initial build. Never done anything like this before, but necessity is a compelling force 😄

The only thing that I really hated doing was repeating key words to hopefully rank higher in Google search results. So I did as much as I could without sounding too much like a spammy moron. And the "city" pages under the "service areas" section are the worst for it as that's what most local organic search result traffic will land on. They're like a combination of a tourism brochure and some generic info about who we are and what we do. Ideally they are just a place for people to land and then link to other places on our site. Anyways please let me know what you think, even if it sucks. Thanks!

www.threadlogiccarpetcleaning.com

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
Also I'll be replacing the photo of some of our equipment on the home page pretty soon. I took it when all I had was a pos low pressure wand. Sometime when I get an extra hour I should take a new shot with less cords and my new Chosen Wand :lol:

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
Looks like a great website. Congrats!

I see you have an area rug section on your site. How experienced are you with handling expensive rugs that have organic dyes?
Thanks! 🥳

You may of read on our home page that we have "years of experience as professional cleaners", well those years were spent doing maid service type house cleaning 😄. So I've got about 6 weeks of experience cleaning rugs 😬.

So far I've learned to identify the various common natural fibers via burn tests (passing on cleaning anything viscose for now), and to always test for dye bleeding (again passing on cleaning anything that picks up dye with our cleaning agents on a cotton terrycloth). Being mindful of the floors underneath the rugs, worn fibers, excessive agitation on things like wool and silk, wand passes with the nap direction, the ph of our cleaning agents, not over wetting the materials, and rapid drying.

So far we haven't cleaned any rugs that would have cost us more than around $1k I think. However I don't know anything about organic dyes. Would you please tell me a bit about them?

Last edited:

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
One more thing to mention is that I've recently vetted out a local rug cleaning plant I can refer folks to that have rugs that are out of our league. But to be honest I don't know much. Any tips are really appreciated.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
Awesome that is helpful Mike. I'm on it thank you. Although I only understand 3 of the 4 tips.

I would make your logo a bit bigger and dumb in it up top use your last names in the description and put a Glide on that wand, as we all know most discerning home owners insist on such...
The section I highlighted in red I'm having a hard time understanding 🤔

I think you're right about the glide. It might really screw up my conversion rate with site visitors...

Mikey P

Administrator
make this bigger

1713221748815.png

Reactions: Bryce C

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
One more thing to mention is that I've recently vetted out a local rug cleaning plant I can refer folks to that have rugs that are out of our league. But to be honest I don't know much. Any tips are really appreciated.
I don't mean to sidetrack your thread about your website too much, but you need to stay in touch with the local rug plant because you can clean cheap Lowes/homedep0t/bedbathbeyond type wool rugs (avg value $400) easily on site.

But the Persian, Iraqi, etc rugs have a high risk of being dyed with organic, not synthetic dyes and will bleed and will cost your insurance company a pretty Pennie. Get a rug pickup and delivery process/agreement started with the rug washing company and read up on these types of rugs.
Common dyes with a higher risk of bleeding to keep in mind,
blood red
rich blue
orange
deep green

Easier dyes not too worry about
burgundy maroon
beige
brown
grey
forest green
pink

Just a thought. I'm certain some of the rug guys on here who are more knowledgeable can enlighten you and probably correct me on this statement.

Last edited:

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
I don't mean to sidetrack your thread about your website too much, but you need to stay in touch with the local rug plant because you can clean cheap Lowes/homedep0t/bedbathbeyond type wool rugs (avg value $400) easily on site.

But the Persian, Iraqi, etc rugs have a high risk of being dyed with organic, not synthetic dyes and will bleed and will cost your insurance company a pretty Pennie. Get a rug pickup and delivery process/agreement started and read up on these types of rugs.
blood red
rich blue
orange
deep green

burgundy maroon
beige
brown
grey
forest green
pink

Just a thought. I'm certain some of the rug guys on here who are more knowledgeable can enlighten you and probably correct me on this statement.
This is brilliant and super helpful, thanks a million. I'll read up on those types of rugs asap, and work on a delivery process and agreement with our local rug cleaning plant.

Speaking of Iraqi rugs, I went to a fancy rug store last week asking a million questions and touching all of their rugs. It was humbling and a bit frightening. There was one 90 year old Iraqi rug that had holes in it and looked like a worn out piece of junk. Obviously I don't know what I'm looking at yet as they were selling it for $9000. I wouldn't of had any idea if I had seen it in one of our clients homes. I need to get sharp quick if I'm going to be on the road cleaning rugs week to week. Thanks again Matt!

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
Seems like if I educate myself on what you wrote about the various dye colors, I'll be doing dye bleeding tests on several different areas of rugs with various problematic colors.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I think you need a shave.
and I have Filson fishing hat very similar to Rush's hat ....so naturally I like hers 😉

..L.T.A.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Do you have one of the paid Business, Commerce, Professional, and Premium plans? I highly recommend having some fixed buttons on the mobile version of the site so people can easily contact you. If you have one of those plans, you can use the Code Injection feature and add this HTML code to the footer. It will add 2 buttons that appear once the user scrolls past the menu on your site.

HTML:
<script src="https://kit.fontawesome.com/ae8e041f08.js" crossorigin="anonymous"></script>
<a class="call-now" id="track-calls" href="tel:(860) 931-9000"><i class="fa-regular fa-phone"></i> CALL US</a>
<a class="schedule-now" id="book-now" href="https://www.threadlogiccarpetcleaning.com/contact"><i class="fa-regular fa-envelope"></i> EMAIL US</a>

<script>
jQuery(document).ready(function() {
  jQuery(window).scroll(function() {
 if ((jQuery(this).scrollTop() > 90) && (jQuery(window).width() < 768)) {
      jQuery('.call-now').fadeIn(500);
      jQuery('.schedule-now').fadeIn(500);
    } else {
      jQuery('.call-now').fadeOut(500);
      jQuery('.schedule-now').fadeOut(500);
    }
  });
});
</script>

Then add this in your Custom CSS and change the background, border, and text color to whatever you want.

CSS:
a.schedule-now, a.call-now { display:none; }
@media screen and (max-width:767px) {
a.schedule-now {
  display:none;
  background-color:#1a1a1a;
    color:#fff;
    font-size:18px;
    font-weight:bold;
  text-align:center;
    position:fixed;
    right:0;
  width:50%;
    top:0;
    padding:10px 20px;
    border: 2px solid #ffffff;
    z-index:1000;

}

a.call-now {
       display:none;
       background-color:#1a1a1a;
       color:#fff;
       position:fixed;
       width:50%;
       left:0;
       top:0;
       text-align:center;
       font-size:18px;
       font-weight:bold;
       padding:10px 5px;
       border: 2px solid #ffffff;
       z-index:1000; }
}

@media screen and (max-width:600px) {
    a.call-now, a.schedule-now {font-size:14px;}
}

If you'd rather the buttons show up at the bottom just change the top:0; to bottom:0; in both buttons' CSS.

PS: some of the links in your footer still go to the staging site. Remove /home from the branded link in the footer, it isn't needed.

Name
Evets

But the Persian, Iraqi, etc rugs have a high risk of being dyed with organic, not synthetic dyes and will bleed and will cost your insurance company a pretty Pennie. Get a rug pickup and delivery process/agreement started with the rug washing company and read up on these types of rugs.
blood red
rich blue
orange
deep green

burgundy maroon
beige
brown
grey
forest green
pink

I would add to this great comment that we will not clean wool rugs on hardwood floors. Holds way too much moisture (hydrophilic) and takes too long to dry. If it has pet urine stains or odors, it's a definite no to onsite cleaning. It must be shop cleaned.

Last edited:

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
I’d put sticky “text now” and “call now” buttons for your mobile version. Sticky means they remain in-place as you scroll. Even better, make those buttons “text quote” and “call quote”.

Also, I’d get before/afters much higher to grab the viewers attention. The vast majority of people aren’t going to read your thing, so you need to get and keep their attention immediately.

Lastly, I’d work on getting more color and visuals in there, it’s honestly a bit bland.

All my advice is meant respectfully.

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
I’d put sticky “text now” and “call now” buttons for your mobile version. Sticky means they remain in-place as you scroll. Even better, make those buttons “text quote” and “call quote”.

Also, I’d get before/afters much higher to grab the viewers attention. The vast majority of people aren’t going to read your thing, so you need to get and keep their attention immediately.

Lastly, I’d work on getting more color and visuals in there, it’s honestly a bit bland.

All my advice is meant respectfully.
Awesome tips man. I'm a bit bland outwardly. I wear simple cloths, eat simple food, and enjoy simple pleasures. So it makes sense my 1st go at the website may reflect that 😄

Your advice really makes sense though. I will take it to heart and try to improve in those areas when I get back on web development. Thank you!

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
I would add to this great comment that we will not clean wool rugs on hardwood floors. Holds way too much moisture (hydrophilic) and takes too long to dry. If it has pet urine stains or odors, it's a definite no to onsite cleaning. It must be shop cleaned.
May I ask why if after cleaning the backing of a wool rug feels dry to the touch? Is it possible moisture damage to the floors from trapped humidity? Seems to me that would take much longer to cause any damage than even a wool rug stays damp for. But I don't know, just guessing at things...

Last edited:

Brian H

Name
Brian H
There is no need to show your equipment on the website. Very few people will care and those that do are probably your competitor. Some people ae also looking for "truck mounted" and you showing portables may turn them off.

Since you are trying to build your brand, showcase your logo or something else that people can identify with. Personally, I would make it a bit bigger on your website to make sure it stands out. Makes sure your vehicle(s) have the same logo as well as your uniforms.

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
There is no need to show your equipment on the website. Very few people will care and those that do are probably your competitor. Some people ae also looking for "truck mounted" and you showing portables may turn them off.

Since you are trying to build your brand, showcase your logo or something else that people can identify with. Personally, I would make it a bit bigger on your website to make sure it stands out. Makes sure your vehicle(s) have the same logo as well as your uniforms.
That makes heaps of sense. I'll work on all the above. Thank you for the advice 🙏

sassyotto

Name
Paul
Personally I dont like companies that make negative comments about competitors whether its a roofing company or basement repair company or a carpet cleaning company. Telling the customer why the should choose YOU is what the intent of the website is. I dont do business with any company that downplays its competitors.

For instance the following in your website

*Unfortunately for some larger companies with low paid and poorly trained technicians the opposite is true. They don’t do sufficient dry passes or take the time to strategically move through a space utilizing air movers at every step.*

*The kind of cleaners that leave your carpets and upholstery soaking wet for over 24 hours also tend not to have the best presence when in your home or business, nor are they available in a pinch when you need them down the road. Unfortunately it is understandable because low paid and poorly treated technicians and customer service representatives often don’t have a vested interest in the company they work for.*

Not that these may or may not be true, it kind of addresses the image your trying to portray.

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
Personally I dont like companies that make negative comments about competitors whether its a roofing company or basement repair company or a carpet cleaning company. Telling the customer why the should choose YOU is what the intent of the website is. I dont do business with any company that downplays its competitors.

For instance the following in your website

*Unfortunately for some larger companies with low paid and poorly trained technicians the opposite is true. They don’t do sufficient dry passes or take the time to strategically move through a space utilizing air movers at every step.*

*The kind of cleaners that leave your carpets and upholstery soaking wet for over 24 hours also tend not to have the best presence when in your home or business, nor are they available in a pinch when you need them down the road. Unfortunately it is understandable because low paid and poorly treated technicians and customer service representatives often don’t have a vested interest in the company they work for.*

Not that these may or may not be true, it kind of addresses the image your trying to portray.
Thank you for that. In a short time I heard so many of the same complaints from customers about carpets being left wet for over a day that I figured people would like to see that addressed. But your right that I don't need to point fingers or be negative about it. Reading back through it feels dirty. I'll write it in a better light. Thanks again ***

Reactions: sassyotto

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
The section I highlighted in red I'm having a hard time understanding 🤔
I think he meant dumb it down. Web pros know the goal is a sixth grade reading level. (there are free on-line tools that will check your site for this. The first time I checked our site, it was rated "post college" so we had some work to do. I'm sure you're joking about the glide...

May I ask why if after cleaning the backing of a wool rug feels dry to the touch? Is it possible moisture damage to the floors from trapped humidity? Seems to me that would take much longer to cause any damage than even a wool rug stays damp for. But I don't know, just guessing at things...
Possibly is dry, although wool can hold a lot of moisture and still feel dry. Yes, a damp rug over a hard surface floor (if not insulated from the floor with pad) can be damaged by moisture from cleaning. Seen it plenty of times.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom