Will you achieve the American Dream?

Mikey P

Administrator
and retire at 65, go fishing, play golf and get a new 25 year old wife?

or will you most likely die in a car crash or get a cancer?

Are you living life to the fullest now are are you busting ass 6 or 7 days a week desperately trying to reach for the Dream?

Bust ass non stop or enjoy life as much as possible TODAY knowing theirs a damn good chance you'll never see the Dream,

which sort are you?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
crips Willy...death dances all around us like a Kansas dust devil...
touching down every now an' then to destroy an anthill or disturb
a praire dog community........wit the deaths I'VE seen this past year.....
you are ALL moving up on my best friends list quite quickly......
JEEBUS even Gurkink is movin' on up........

steve_64

i try my best to live in the moment. seeing everything from a young kids perspective, in awe of all of lifes glory.

im not sure why we bought into the "american" dream bit. i think it was a great marketing stradegy our government dreamed up that worked for 50 plus years. its outdated and needs to be refreshed though.

i remember back in the 70s folks thought our work weeks would drop to about 32 hours and life would be peachy.

propaganda is a strong tool for the foolish.

better enjoy every moment because one of those moments will be your last. im going out with a smile on my face.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Feel like i am living it just a little bit everyday.

My co-workers used to call me a rageaholic because i would go postal on people all the time, janitorial was a rough racket. This is going to sound funny but after testing myself over the years really found my level of incompetence, see when we fall behind constantly we start blaming other people for OUR failures.

So when building this company and thinking about how i want to build for the future i keep in mind what my limitations are and focus on personal strengths. On a daily basis always play hooky for an hour and sometimes all afternoon.

That and saving money, saving money = freedom to me. Freedom to say no....

Chris A

Name
Chris
I try really hard to balance both. I dont take as much time off as I would like but the time I do take off in the summer I party down. Right now its one project after another but I do have a week off coming up for gun season.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
and retire at 65, go fishing, play golf and get a new 25 year old wife?

or will you most likely die in a car crash or get a cancer?

Are you living life to the fullest now are are you busting ass 6 or 7 days a week desperately trying to reach for the Dream?

Bust ass non stop or enjoy life as much as possible TODAY knowing theirs a damn good chance you'll never see the Dream,

which sort are you?
You are asking a very basic question in a convoluted way. The real question is; are you happy? I achieved the American Dream long ago. Work hard AND enjoy the fruits of your labors. I'm not waiting to 65 to golf (barf) or fish (God). I've banged plenty of 25 Y/O women when I was young and single. They were nice:eek:. But at 65 I would have no interest in a banging a child. Now a hot 69 Y/O woman, that would be a different story. I don't wish to retire and do the old man thing. I like kicking ass and taking names like I've always done.

Reactions: ruff

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
You talking about the old fashioned American dream of being suscessfull or the new American dream of fairness and equality ( living off a goverment check and no worries like working or paying taxes)

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Yes

But we so not speak of why here, it starts flame fests and runs good people off!

Only Gawd Knows why : )

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
It's a constant battle but I do take more vacations and more time off than ever and I am 44 years old now. I have to say that it's a lot better than any other companies I ever worked for owning our own company

Reactions: Art Kelley

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
zip-zip-animated-animation-smiley-emoticon-000408-facebook_zps3527956f.gif

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I like cleaning carpet. I'm one of those types that can't be still for long. I hate fishing, never been hunting. I'd love to move back out west again and ski a lot but the cost of living here in the Midwest is tough to beat plus it's a good place to raise a family (wife, 2 boys). My 3 year old tells me he's going to "work in The Clean Machine when he's big and strong with daddy." Nothing would make me happier. It would be tough to beat this life I'm living now even though it is tough some days.

The Clean Machine

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
I think I'm kinda living it.
I make more money than I ever thought I would.
1)fully funded retirement
2)college funds for kids
3)1.5 million life insurance(A must because I have a 5 year old and a 3 year old)
4)A nice middle class home that will be paid off in 5 years.
5)a loving wife who makes a great living as well
6)good health insurance

I love what I do for a living and do not dread mondays.
As a O/O I realize that it could come crashing down if I ever got really hurt, this is always in the back of my mind.

Reactions: Shane Deubell

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Look here kiddies...
lik Mikey asked...whatcha gonna do..
no matter what yor plans are...
ya better get busy.....
time is yor enemy......cuz
either you'll has a massive heart attack and die quickly
or catch the cancer and die a slo agonizing death
or maybe jus finish yor life droolin' in a spit cup
tryin' to remember what yor familys names are...
but one thing guys......
it AIN'T gonna be pretty..................

or you COULD turn into an old curmudgeon... like me!

Last edited:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I pretty much live my life how I want...
I normally do what I want..when I want..and how I want to do it...

I have a great wife..nice comfortable home and good kids...

I don't expect to die of old age....but...the end is inevitable no matter how you go and I don't sit around waiting for it...

I like what I do and I am pretty comfortable in my own skin.......its all in what you make out of it......

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
5 days a week carpet cleaning. The rest of the time I do what "I" want to do. As much as I like doing what I do, I want to move to something a little more casual.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom