Will I learn much at SFS?

Mikey P

Administrator
You all pretty much know my story.

Aging one truck show, full time tech and part time son.
90% residential work for top dollar prices.
Currently bring in well over 300k with just about no marketing.
Small town with god ( or Steve T) only knows just how much room to grow considering my high prices.

Can or will I get enough out of going to the next session in PA to make my trip worthwhile?
Some have told me that with my Internet savvy that I will be wasting my time

My tech will be running the truck so it wont be a total loss of income.

Past attendees need only comment.

The Preacher

if you only use 1 or 2 things you'll learn it will be worth it!

most of what you'll learn is how to handle customers and treat them like the LTV wad of cash they are and can be!!!

yore personality might keep you from learning too much, so don't blab on about how well yore business is doing! don't forget the other people paid to hear Chuck, Billy and Steve!!!

PS take yore op's manual with you and compair it to the SFS manual!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
most of what you'll learn is how to handle customers and treat them like the LTV wad of cash they are and can be!!!

Like I said.......

you could sell a drowning man a glass of water.....

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You are already have a successful business, so SFS is perfect for you.

You will receive the tools on how to systemize your operation and make it repeatable, in a written format. This could help in getting you off the truck and in to a marketing position for your company.

If you've truly maxed out your market and growth isn't for you, then the time spent with Chuck will help you keep a hold of more of the dollars that flow through our businesses.

They will help you to build your business to sell it. Even if you never plan on doing so. By building it to sell you greatly increase the value your business.

"Internet savvy" of course YOU are, but you'll gain more than just reading from the BB. Much more interaction, from the instructors and from your peers.

Can you or will you get enough out of SFS?
I'm confident you'll come away with so much info that it will help your business, that you be glad you made the effort.

I'm sure I skipped a lot, it's been 10-years since I last went, but I think you'll find it's worth the time and expense of the class! 8)

P.S.
I've had a little second guessing too!
More about the time away from family (I still have some young ones) and business, and ...flying but I know this is one of the most positive things I can do for the future of our business!

harryhides

Name
Tony
Richard, pretty much said it all.

Chuck will help you keep more of what goes thru your company.
Steve will help you get off the the truck.
Bill will open up some marketing possibilities you ay not have thought of before.

The food will be good. Chances are you will also learn plenty from the other attendees.

John Watson

Mikey o mikey o mikey,

IMO, This question really makes you look, ah sorta, kinda, really dumber than you look stupid.

I know there is not supposed to be a stupid question, But, this one has to be close to par....

After alll the positive feed back you have seen just on your board from all the past attendees you still are listening to the ones who haven't been.
In fact, I don't think I have ever seen a negative post about what was taught from a previous attendee..

Now are you that type of guy that signs up for a class and the day before you book jobs so you don't have to go cause you gotta work??? Seems to me I have heard even you talk about cleaners who do this...

I'm sure glad Steve T isn't dead, you would be maken him roll over in his grave on this one.

Knowing Steve, You probably got a special incentive to go.

But, then you are probably right. It won't help you. Go for Paula's Sake

It will help her git a bigger stick to womp your lazy ass into gear big boy,
Just Go!!!!

danpauselius

Well worth it. They discuss so many topics that there is no way you are at 100% efficiency in all of them. Lately, you seem to be gearing up for the "multi-truck" thing. This can only help you attain that goal.

p.s. I may not be able to go. My wife is due the day after the class. She's already kind of annoyed that I scheduled it knowing how close it was to her due date. Hopefully, she'll manage to keep the bun in the oven until the 13th.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Sorry, Dan. Permission denied to not attend.

Explain it to your wife this way. "Honey, there will never be another time when I can see Mikey P experience his very first Strategies for Success seminar. Plus I want to see Mike make Big Billy, Chuck and Steve squirm ... You see, sweetheart, I will never have another opportunity like this BUT you can always have another kid. I'll be there for the next one- I promise!"

Island Boy

PS OK, Sioux tells me this approach is not such a great idea. Remember that MapQuest says Maybrook is only 124 miles and 2:26 away from Langhorne, PA. My guess is you might be able to make it there somewhat faster if needed. Early departures from the SFS class are allowed with a notarized letter from a doctor!

Seriously, do what you need to do, Dan. If you can't come we'll miss you. And congratulations on the baby. Wasn't your wife expecting at your last SFS? Maybe you need to spend more time on the truck and less at home!

diamond brian

Hi Steve. I've heard nothing but good about SFS and would like to attend. Do you ever do SFS in January when it's not so friggin busy?

P.S. As a non-past-attendee, I'm risking my bright Mikey's Board Future by posting here.

P.P.S. Oh, never mind--I'm missing Southpark.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Toburen
Hey Brian,

Sure, you bet!

Roselle, IL 1/21-25/08 (This one has your name all over it.)
St. Petersburg, FL 2/25-29/08 (Fills early with snowbirds!)
Atlanta, GA 3/17-21/08
Seattle, WA 4/28-5/2/08
Langhorne, PA 9/8-12/08
Roselle, IL 10/13-17/08

The January Roselle is very popular for exactly the reason you mention, Brian. Work is slower and carpet cleaners can get away. Don't wait too long to reserve your seat.

If you want to know more about the program AND have the privilege of seeing ME explain SFS management concepts just e-mail me (not PM) your mailing addy and I'll send you a free DVD. (Offer open to everyone else except carpet cleaners from Prattville, AL.)

Steve Toburen CR
Director of Training
Jon-Don's Strategies for Success

PS Sure, Mike. Why not? After a grueling day with Chuck Violand's financial analysis segment and how to recruit/ interview employees without getting nailed with a discrimination suit (harder than it sounds) you will need some comic relief to get through Day Two with Big Billy Yeadon.

danpauselius

Steve, Last time, my wife had just given birth a couple of days before class. I still plan on attending, even if I have to make the baby-dash back home one day.

G

I realize that this was a feel good question, but,if you gross over 300k per year with just one employee,I think you're probably wasting your time.
What would you hope to accomplish?
Better systems? Maybe.
Higher freakin prices? (current special = 2 rms & hallway $695.00)

Yep,waste of time.

Mikey P

Administrator
I hope to learn how to keep more, work less and the secret to finding and keeping good help.

Here comes John to sell me a OP...

Tile Nerd

Mikey P said:
I hope to learn how to keep more, work less and the secret to finding and keeping good help.

Here comes John to sell me a OP...

If you want to keep good help then pay them enough to stay.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Toburen
"I hope to learn how to keep more, work less and the secret to finding and keeping good help."

You will, Mike ... and more. I guarantee it. Hold us to it.

Steve Toburen CR
Director of Training

PS Mike (and many other posters on this board) are already "successful". Frankly, just SURVIVING in this turbulent economic environment takes guts, hard work and stubborness. Maybe Michael Gerber said it best in the E-Myth: "What sets truly successful people apart is not how much they know. Instead, it is their insatiable hunger to know more!"

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Toburen
You are in elite company, Mike. We have won over both Tony "the curmudgeon" Wheelwright AND Danny Strickland. (Now there is a study in contrasts.) Plus a host of other MB members.

I'm not too worried. (Paula, on the other hand, does concern me!)

Steve

PS Sioux and I are off to buy a new dryer. The computer card burned up on our old one. Imagine something as simple as a dryer that needs an elaborate computerized control system. Life is so complicated sometimes.

G

I tried to talk him out of it.
More for the sake of the class than anything.

Hope you're happy Steve T.

danpauselius

If you're serious, I split a room with ya. It's at the Sheraton where just about everybody from SFS stays and it has a decent bar downstairs. (you might just end up with a room all to yourself for half-price if my wife goes into labor)

I just talked with Tom Farris at JD-Langehorn. He says he can get you in and the charge would be $695. Half off if you've spent $2500 with them this year, FREE if you've spent $5000. (Didn't you say you were looking at new TM's? Now's the time, LOL.

You have to go, you'll really appreciate all the info, not to mention you'll get to meet a good number of folks from this board.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Toburen
Hey Greg,

Strategies for Success is 795.00 for the five days, which includes right at 1,000 pages of instruction, systems and procedures plus most of it is on a CD-ROM which is also included. Jon-Don also picks up your lunches, snacks and a very nice "social night" with dinner and drinks where people really let their hair. (Watch out for Dan Paulselius if you attend! And I am already nervous about Mikey ...)

IF you sign up 30 days or before the class you get an "Early Bird" discount of 100.00. Since the Langhorne class is October 8-12 you are already sort of late. But if you can make something happen in the next week or so just ask for my buddy, Glenn Evans (800-400-9473) who is the manager at Langhorne and use my name in vain and he'll still give you the 100 bucks off.

It's not just the 100.00 either. We only have space for 40 attendees in Langhorne and I believe we are over 30 already signed up, including quite a few MB members. (Actually a smaller group is in your favor re: instruction/ learning.) It promises to be a great class and I hope you can make it.

Steve Toburen CR
Director of Training

PS If you don't get any bites here mention your roomie idea to Glenn. He may have a list of candidates.

On edit Dan typed a bit faster than me. Plus he added the fact that SFS can be free. (Thanks for the reminder, Dan. Don't tell Nick I forgot please.) So Greg, if you've been planning to buy a TM or a bunch of airmovers now is the time!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom