Will anyone else admit this here?

diamond brian

Business is SLOOOOOOOW. OK up til Thanksgiving, but way off since. Mostly price shoppers.

How's everybody else?

Chads

Supportive Member
Mine is still slow but it is slowly getting busier every week

Following same pattern as every other year (here in Northeast Ohio). Temperatures are dropping, snow is falling, Christmas trees are going up, EcoClean phones are slowing down.

TimP

I did real well beginning of November. After thanks giving I had about 3 jobs that week and they seem to be trickling in slowly though. I think the problem is that the stores have been marketing earlier this year and the sales have started earlier therefore taking left over money for cleaning off the table. However I'm going to do a lot better than last year being my 2nd month in business I did 3 grand last year in December. I've been busy doing other things but I have been booking a fair amount of cleaning jobs but they are for later in the month (I've done 1,500 in non cleaning jobs so far this month)....I'd rather do them earlier but for some reason they want to wait till later this month. I did just book a 500 buck job for tomorrow however.

BRSUMMERVILLE

I surpose to take it slow, Trying to pace myself. Now calls are coming in like crazy. People want their area & orientals rugs cleaned for Christmas. Starting to get calls to clean living rooms, before the trees goes up. Not complaining.

Now if I was healthy, the phone won't ring.

Bob Rock

Becker

Name
Becker
Nov was a great month. before and after thanksgiving.

I had a job on sat. and a booked day monday.

no work from now till the 12th that day and the rest of the week is nearly booked with calls coming in.

I have scattered jobs right up to the weekend before xmas. more than likey ill have xmas to new years off.

Gary Taylor

Slow as normal here for this time of year. But that's o.k., leave Friday night for a week at Disney World.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
If Josh would stop following ME around to various board...he would do a LOT better.....

Name
Bruce
I was slow in the first week of November , then my post cards went out (Thanks Jim Martin) and the phones picked up. Just need the last two weeks of December to fill up.

Jayson

We are slammed. 1 fire damage job, 5 mold remediation's jobs and constant water damage calls along with plenty of carpet and tile cleaning. The above mentioned is what we have going on all the time. We just keep buying rigs and hiring more guys. Growing WAY FASTER then we ever thought.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I'm glad I made a concentrated effort to get more commercial this year.
But its all at night and its getting colder!

The residential is picking up as people want it cleaned right before Xmas!

Cameron1

We are totally slammed. Have turned down over 30 jobs since the beginning of Nov. , just could not get to em. We are booked almost till the 25th. I have been back on the truck since Sept., and it is just about to kill me.

TimP

wish I was slammed. I know after Christmas I'll have nothing. I have a 450 yd job of glue down to do install wise after Christmas...that will get me 900. I have some school carpet to do next month nobody wanted to do it over the break (school employees) though so they will have to do it after....how dumb but at least it's January work which I need cause it's a slow month here.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Had our first 1,000,000 month for cleaning and restoration in Nov, but definitely getting a little slower. Still booked up 6days ahead but that will cut back quite a bit in another week or so.

danpauselius

Slow here too, but I'll take the blame for that. After all, I'm ultimately responsible for my own success ... right?

However, I did get the lowest ROI from our usual 3000 postcard campaign yet. That kinda sucked.

C

cory kenyon

Start doing air ducts...that will fill the void, and you will also have bigger tickets..

tim

I was swamped in November but didn't have 1 job from wed before thanksgiving to the following Wednesday but since then I have been busy every day. this week is full except Friday afternoon and next week is getting that way. sending reminder cards tomorrow but several have called that are on the list. Only had one job today but it was $800, up and down, I just need to keep building my customer base

Name
Jesse
A little slow but all of a sudden 2 months ago we started getting almost all 700 sqft or less residential jobs. It's strange no ones got the money for their whole place.

My theory is that the holidays have people stresses out about money. In Vegas when people are stressed about money they tend to gamble, and lose.

Name
Jesse
A little slow but all of a sudden 2 months ago we started getting almost all 700 sqft or less residential jobs. It's strange no ones got the money for their whole place.

My theory is that the holidays have people stresses out about money. In Vegas when people are stressed about money they tend to gamble, and lose.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Slow here too. But I've been working with a couple of cracked ribs since thanksgiving so I'll take some days off. BOB..Are you really back working? Take it easy man.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
What are you talkin' about? I have measured and quoted about 50K sq ft of commercial this week.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
we are not slammed like before Thanksgiving but we a very steady......

averaging about 4 medium jobs a day....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom