Why-Why-Why???

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
Why do we stay in this business?
What really keeps us going?

After 42 years in this Industry, for myself as well as I would suspect many others, it is the personal satisfaction we get from seeing something dirty, come clean with our efforts.

Added to that would be Customer Satisfaction, knowing that it was on your shoulders and no one else's. You were in charge and consequently the cause of his/her satisfaction. You were the one who made a great impression and no one else.

When one thinks about this, with each and every customer account, we really do shoulder an awful lot of responsibility primarily because our personal reputations are at stake and the faith of our businesses are on the line.

In the end, IMHO, it is for these reasons why we continue to get energized and stick with it.

I believe this only proves that anyone can become very rich in life and become a role model for others to follow. That's pride. And, that's what I call; Success. :biggrin:

Best to all;
Ed Valentine
cross-american corp.

Reactions: Newman

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I would agree with all of those reasons and ad another.

Most of us independent owner operators are unhire-able retards.
The ones that can make a good living doing this also possess the gift of gab.
I would 2nd than mike. Im much too bull headed to play the game. I like the rush of having my phone blowing up with people who want to give me their money. I guess I kinda feel like a dealer..... a dealer of clean floors

Reactions: Mikey P

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I have the fire under my feet : )

Ever go through burnout periods though?

steve_64

i do it because its what i know. just wish i hadnt waited so long to take the plunge.

i knew how to clean but im learning the business end on the fly. with the knowledge im gaining im more confident and the future looks better each year.

i also cant make this kind of money working for others.

i burn out several times a year but it passes when the phone stops for a few days.

Reactions: GCCLee

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom