Why is Aerotech so stubborn?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
With using the Diesel engine box truck when the unleaded gas powered one would be much more $$$$ friendly in
-cost of fuel
-oil changes
-maintenance and repair
-lower cost of vehicle
-emmissions regulations

Can anyone give a good reason why they're stuck on using diesel?

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Isuzu ran Aisin transmissions that had a PTO that was not compatible for a gasoline engine. The 2025 Isuzu gas will come standard with an Allison transmission that is compatible with a gas engine. That will be my preference if Allison can get the programming done.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Isuzu ran Aisin transmissions that had a PTO that was not compatible for a gasoline engine. The 2025 Isuzu gas will come standard with an Allison transmission that is compatible with a gas engine. That will be my preference if Allison can get the programming done.
That might be a good time for me to buy one

Would you prefer gas or diesel!

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
Would you prefer gas or diesel!
Look into the numbers. Gas seems to be the cheapest based dollars per gallon. But if a diesel idols more efficiently, which they do, then gallons per mile/hour used may actually be the least expensive. Repairs on a diesel though are more expensive compared to the gas.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
I have had good luck with the diesel engines. Proper routine maintenance is the key. I would try a gas engine if they get it to work.

srd

I swapped my fuso aerotechs out to 2023 ram 5500s with cummins, pretty nice not having to deal with the cabovers anymore

srd

IMG_3742.jpg20231004_123903.jpg1000008066.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom