Why Cleaners complain over competitors sales?

Name
Kevin McCreary
Why do so many cleaners get so mad when the local high volume multi-truck company's or bait n switchers advertise so heavily or run a huge sale. All it will ever do for me is make my phones ring! The people that respond to those types of ads are for the most part non loyal price shoppers. You cant build a profitable small company with clients like that! You should be glad "Coit" is having a "HUGE SALE" and if you are catering to the right people who wouldn't use Coit they will call you when reminded about carpet cleaning!!!!!!! You should thank them for heightening peoples awareness to clean their carpets!! Kevin Mc.

Chris A

Name
Chris
yeah it seems like every time SS runs a cute kid ad, my phone rings, if only they knew how much money they were spending to market my business

-JB-

Name
JB
Amen to that K!

I figure it's either ignorance or fear that drives that attitude. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I haven't felt like that myself in the past, I'm sure most of us do at one point or another. You must get past it through, maturity/experience, education and finally, confidence.

It's kinda like the douche-bags that feel they need to staunchly defend "their" method as somehow, "better" or the only choice... gimme a break!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
he said penis
ha-ha ha-ha-ha
Sorry, had a Beavus and Butthead moment
(I Hate that cartoon BTW)

personally, there's a world of difference to "me" between a B&S outfit and "value" priced outfits like Stanley Steamer, or Ken's outfit.
You've never heard me trash on the "value" or volume priced outfits.
They serve a market and whether you choose to believe it or not, have plenty repeat custys

However, the B&S outfits are the real scumbags in this biz.
Every effort should be made to expose and sent those sumbitches down da riva...

..L.T.A.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I believe that i will paint my truck Purple.......

on one side!

And Yellow on the other....???

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I am my clients favorite "Hairdresser" type cleaner!

Always willing to sit and listen to their life's story.

Sending flowers when they die or are sick.

Bringing a gift for that newborn child.

Talking to that unruly teen son of theirs after a divorce.

I am man hear me roar!

giggle!

KMA!

rhyde

Name
rhyde
kevin mccreary said:
Why do so many cleaners get so mad when the local high volume multi-truck company's or bait n switchers advertise so heavily or run a huge sale. .

Often the "sale" is misrepresented with hidden charges, high pressure add-on's, sloppy or poor workmanship. Sure sometimes people seek a better cleaning experience and most don't many bad cleaners stay in business because people think that's the best this industry has or it's the norm.........that's what bothers me.

Ignorance starts with the consumer but its often perpetuated by the cleaner

Name
Kevin McCreary
meAt said:
he said penis
ha-ha ha-ha-ha
Sorry, had a Beavus and Butthead moment
(I Hate that cartoon BTW)

personally, there's a world of difference to "me" between a B&S outfit and "value" priced outfits like Stanley Steamer, or Ken's outfit.
You've never heard me trash on the "value" or volume priced outfits.
They serve a market and whether you choose to believe it or not, have plenty repeat custys

However, the B&S outfits are the real scumbags in this biz.
Every effort should be made to expose and sent those sumbitches down da riva...

..L.T.A.
I have no problem with value cleaners either. Hell I would sell out in a minute to be in Kens Shoes or a well run S.S. franchise, however 99% of the people I see complaining about them and 99% of the people on this board have no clue how to run a company on high volume and small profit margins. Including myself! I have been on both sides of it. They have the money and systems to put together customer retention programs,so I'm not doubting they retain customers. What I'm saying is they help you out if you target the right clients. Back in my Sears Carpet Cleaning days (bait and Switch) people trusted The Sears name brand. People we worked for had a Sears garage door opener Kenmore appliances Craftsman tools and mowers and the damn kids had Sears Tough skins jeans on. All from the Sears catalog all on the Sears Charge! Now the clients I have have Sub Zero Refrigerators drink 7$ cups of coffee and would be ashamed or embarrassed to have a Sears or for that matter any value priced carpet cleaning truck in their driveway. In a nutshell, if you can maintain a better image, cut off your mullet, take the Jeff Gordon sticker off your truck,charge more and at least "act" educated; you can only be helped out by value carpet cleaners marketing efforts! Kevin Mc

danpauselius

JB said:
It's kinda like the douche-bags that feel they need to staunchly defend "their" method as somehow, "better" or the only choice... gimme a break!

Well ............ Everybody knows you can't get carpets clean with a steemin' demon, LOL

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
For me, since I am not maxed out, I am looking for more work, so I see someone's ad and its a competitive envy, even though I never want to clean like they do or charge what they are doing.
Just relax, keep doing what I know I need to do and I'll be fine.
Eventually the word gets around that it wasn't such a great deal and as was mentioned, our phones begin to ring.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
We probably wouldn't even interview a Sears employee from our market their rep is so bad. We would not hire experienced people anyway but sometimes will interview other co's ex employees just to hear what they have to say.

Ken

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Jealously...

An Jimmy while you are talking to the Divorced Moms...

I will work with you to provide a total service to your clients...

You assist in the youngsters frustrations...

while I add on for small nominal fee...,Moms frustration relief services...

We will be the company desired by more Moms everywhere...

That will be a x rated brag book...lol...

Dolly

I was going to say exactly what you said Ceaser, but I was being polite :wink:

Greg Loe

he people that respond to those types of ads are for the most part non loyal price shoppers. You cant build a profitable small company with clients like that!

Not true kevin. the Coit I worked for had very loyal customers that would clean every winter, just waiting on the winter sale. It was the way to boost winter sales.

Often the "sale" is misrepresented with hidden charges, high pressure add-on's, sloppy or poor workmanship.

Never a pressure sale. Hydramaster 4.8 A good cleaning machine. Didn't sale a lot of protector or upholstery cleaning. Just a decent cleaning for a fair price and on to the next.

DevilDog

God, I just found myself liking Darlene a little more than I did before that post!!

DevilDog

Dolly

I should not dignify this with a response. But..........

I want to squash the rumor...........

I have a wonderful and loving husband and I am as straight as straight can be.

I don't do three way anything .............

If I did a three way phone conversation and Marty was at the other end
He would not like the admonishment one bit.

Thank you very much...........

Now Devil Dog, I hope you can go back to liking me better before Marty's rude post.

John Watson

Sometimes even the Porkster writes like he has his own corkscrew up his butt. I think Ken started it by mentioning PEENIS envy and the Porkster just got a wee bit excited!!!!!!!!

hogjowl

Idiot™
Hey ... I didn't make this up, people. You saw where she agreed with Caesar, and Caesar was talking about giving the woman some personal comfort.

I just report it like I see it folks.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Well, at least Dolly would feel better but make no mistake, Marty will not feel admonished - I doubt its possible unless his wife or mommy looks at him the wrong way.... the poor beaten man.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom