why are you in business for yourself?

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
i am wondering how many people dont see them self retiring or getting off the truck? are you in business because you just cant find a job, dont want to work for someone else or what?

do you feel like you ever can get of the truck perm?

do you want to get off the truck?

whats your end goal?

mine is simple..i want to be off the truck as soon as possible..i push training hard and really focus on getting all my employees on the same page..i want to be able to go away for a week

and not be missed..thsts when i have set up and run my business correctly..i have a ways to go but having just been in business for 7 years i can see in the next 3 being

off the truck 100% and really not being involved in daily things..having the correct people in place to make decisions and deal with daily problems and let me worry about the big picture

i want all my guys to be successful and make lots of money and be happy at work..

dont read this wrong and think i dont want to work..i have worked 6-7 days a week day and night to build a reputation and brand and concentrate on my employees to be sure
they understand and care about what it is..i am not scared of work..i would just rather be fishing..

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Lead guy makes 35k a year but only works 3-4 days a week because he's in school as well

Helpers make 13$ a hr or 15%. Depends on what comes out to more $$

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
When he graduates and takes over things full time he will be at 50k with bonuses and massive room for growth. He's only 22 years old! As we are a young growing company the employees see the potential for growth and good money. They get treated very well and get randomness bonuses just for doing good and having a good attitude.

I feel lie the investment in them comes back 10 times over. My guys are very loyal and protect me and my company. And yes I do spot check them with set ups from good customers from time to time

Mikey P

Administrator
what is your pay structure?

Hourly?
Hourly plus commission?
Straight commission?

Do you tell them about MB?

or just send them to lame IICRC classes?

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
we talk about CLEANING in the Clean Room.
we talk about tools in the Hardware Room

and so on and so forth.

Got it!!

2are family 2 are not. Lead guy that will run the show is

He makes 25% plus bonuses. Others are hrly or commish depending on where they are skill wise

They know about this and other boards and lurk

Yes to cct, vast then lots of articles I copy and give them, training hands on with scrap carpet

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If I didn't do this someone would expect me to really work. Between the "did you see the game last night" conversations Lunch and my time on MB then winding it down towards the end of the day I put in a solid 30-45 minutes a day. :winky:

Life is a b*tch but someone has to do it! :biggrin:

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
qdraw.gif

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i doubt we'll ever hire anyone. hopefully we stay with just the missus and me, simpler for us. if we're still here in 20 years, then maybe we'll be busy enough to need help, but i doubt it.

who knows, by then we might be able to step up and buy a double-wide WITH a garage.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom