Whoo!!! I just got my second truck!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Nice looking truck....now get working to pay for it!

No offense, but why would you put such an over used stock photo on the side?

I have that same photo on my site but on my vehicle I would use something unique.

Just a thought.

BlinkClean

Brian Robison said:
Nice looking truck....now get working to pay for it!

No offense, but why would you put such an over used stock photo on the side?

I have that same photo on my site but on my vehicle I would use something unique.

Just a thought.

I just bought it used with 200 hours. Honestly, it still SMELLS like new, and it only has 3,458 (well more like 3,550 miles, after I took it for a joy ride today!). It's the 2009 model and those are the images it has for now. I want to wrap it with my own style. I'm not sure what to do yet.

Bob Foster

Congratulations on your new truck. It's nice to go to work in the morning looking forward to using good equipment.

BlinkClean

Bob Foster said:
Congratulations on your new truck. It's nice to go to work in the morning looking forward to using good equipment.

Yes, it is, and by the way, how did I end up with this avatar? (it's nice I hadn't thought of using part of my banner, but it looks good) an admin I suppose?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
What did you pay for that bad boy?

200hrs and 3500 miles...pretty penny.
It will probably keep you happy while working.
How much work do you have...are you keeping busy?

BlinkClean

Brian Robison said:

I payed $80,000 for it, sells for $92,000 as configured with all the perks and whistles. Yes it runs like new (you can practically say it IS, the owner decided that he wanted to sell it because he has 4 of them sitting doing nothing, with no technicians to work them. So he's selling them and I snatched this one up. I have a lot of work. Right now with my current cargo van and portables I work Monday through saturday 9:00AM to 5:00PM or sometimes 7:00PM depending on work, and I gross on average about $1,500 - $2,000 daily on residential. I did a job a week ago commercial that took 2 days to complete with my partner (my father), and we charged $24,000. It was a large store chain called Marshall Fields. We talked to the manager there (the property manager) (as we figured she had contacts) and we already have appointments to clean a Kroger supermarket (about 40,000 sq ft) and another marshall fields about 10 miles away, which runs at about 60,000 sq ft. I haven't done much work today (honestly none) partly because I've been sitting here addicted to Mikey's board.....For example, yesterday I did two banks (tile, ceramic, ugly dirty gray grout) cleaned and sealed and made $3,500. So mind you, I am keeping VERY busy. Referral business is HOT right now!

Edit: I should reword that. I meant what USED to be a Marshall Fields, which I presume will evolve into another retail store.

BlinkClean

Vincent Feehan said:
Why is the water softner right there? Nice rig Is that the new Vortex lay out?? Or the old style???

Mr Prochem

The Water softener I had to replace, seemed they had used is so much with another truck and then used it with this vortex till the intake valve get stuck.

Anyway I'm getting an ez-charge. as for the layout I'm not sure, because I wouldn't know which one is which. If you still want to know the brand, it said Kinetico on it. I've never used their water softeners.And it's right there because it's not bolted or anything, I brought it out right before I took the pic to replace it.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
BlinkClean said:
Brian Robison said:

I payed $80,000 for it, sells for $92,000 as configured with all the perks and whistles. Yes it runs like new (you can practically say it IS, the owner decided that he wanted to sell it because he has 4 of them sitting doing nothing, with no technicians to work them. So he's selling them and I snatched this one up. I have a lot of work. Right now with my current cargo van and portables I work Monday through saturday 9:00AM to 5:00PM or sometimes 7:00PM depending on work, and I gross on average about $1,500 - $2,000 daily on residential. I did a job a week ago commercial that took 2 days to complete with my partner (my father), and we charged $24,000. It was a large store chain called Marshall Fields. We talked to the manager there (the property manager) (as we figured she had contacts) and we already have appointments to clean a Kroger supermarket (about 40,000 sq ft) and another marshall fields about 10 miles away, which runs at about 60,000 sq ft. I haven't done much work today (honestly none) partly because I've been sitting here addicted to Mikey's board.....For example, yesterday I did two banks (tile, ceramic, ugly dirty gray grout) cleaned and sealed and made $3,500. So mind you, I am keeping VERY busy. Referral business is HOT right now!

Edit: I should reword that. I meant what USED to be a Marshall Fields, which I presume will evolve into another retail store.

bullshit.gif

BlinkClean

Brian Robison said:
BlinkClean said:
[quote="Brian Robison":13kxuwz5]What did you pay for that bad boy?

bullshit.gif
[/quote:13kxuwz5]

Whats so unbelievable about that? 2 People with 32" plates that clean at 3,000 psi and clean up to 3,000 sq ft an hour, and an assistant with a 17" Hyper Turbo cleaning 1500-2000 sqft an hour.......Fine, if you want to see it that way, I beg your pardon, it took 2 days and 3 hours to complete. we worked 10 hours a day from 9 to 7PM so I don't see the impossibility, the math adds up and we actually fell behind.....

Name
BradFenstermaker
Dan I hope you didn't really pay 80k for that truck. It is 9-10 yrs old.

She has been in a time capsule.

BlinkClean

BradFenstermaker said:
Dan I hope you didn't really pay 80k for that truck. It is 9-10 yrs old.

She has been in a time capsule.

Fine fine, so it's not that exact truck, I needed a pic, which the owner sent me of one of the trucks he was selling, but the outside is just like it. I was there, and saw the truck (didn't drive away with it because of financing, have to pick it up next week), but this is the pic of one he was selling (again, not the one I bought). It looks exactly the same outside though, as all his company vehicles look like that. I'll be sure to post a pic of the actual truck once I get it....(I knew I should have taken a pic with my crappy Cell camera at least...but I figured this one he sent me would suffice). It's exactly the same, only it's a 2009 model the one I bought.....

BlinkClean

BradFenstermaker said:
Okay sorry thought this was the TRUCK. I have one like the picture.

You will love it.

Yes I tried it out, and it runs amazing, the owner convinced me by soaking a 10' x 10' in water and then rolling it around in the street, it probably would have taken me at least 1/2 hour to get that clean. He got it done in what seemed like 5-7 minutes, and got it cleaner than I ever possibly could.

I am so jealous. you got the truck I want.

of course I don't have enough work in chicago right now to keep my crummy one busy
but my hat's off to you.

you got a killer truck

and a great deal

congratualtions Dude.

"read my blog, "the carpet cleaner's crocodile."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom