Whole House Pricing

dday

Dave Yoakum said:
Joey.

With your ad saying everything is included. Spots & Stains, Deoderizer,Petstains.... The works!!

How do you then charge for and brag about selling protector?

Looks like false advertizing to me and I bet your clients also.

I Know Big Mike doesn't charge for protector.

Big Mike does indeed charge for protector - $9-$10/room. Pet stains, red stains, deo, is all included in the cleaning price. Protector is extra.

Most folks can understand that, Dave. Clean is clean. Clean & Protect is still clean, but with the protector added.

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
I'd like someone to do the math. The best price I could find was Scotchguard which came out to .15 per square. Used CORRECTLY.

That means you need to do a 60 some square foot room to break even at 9.00 a room.

Again, I'd like to see someone's math here.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
When I sell protector it's almost always for traffic areas only....Per the customer's request because of price.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Ross Buettner said:
I'd like someone to do the math. The best price I could find was Scotchguard which came out to .15 per square. Used CORRECTLY.

That means you need to do a 60 some square foot room to break even at 9.00 a room.

Again, I'd like to see someone's math here.

Your math works out to 150 a gallon cost to you. If you are paying that I will happily sell it to you at 112.50 (25% savings) :-)

Seriosly, something is wrong with your math. Take your cost and divide by 1000 this will give you the cost per sq ft of ready to spray SG. Ex: if you pay $40 gallon the math is;
40/1000= .04 or 4 cents per sq ft. Anyone paying that much in my opinion should be buying larger quantity and saving money. Just buying 3 cases from JonDon is under $40 a gallon.
http://www.jondon.com/catalog/product_i ... s_id=21877

Ken

joe harper

Name
joe harper
"We bought 1 gal. of sCotChgUaRd in 1983....."

We still have the bottle...We just refill with water & a lil DEO.... :shock:

So far...our ...."ROI"...is 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 %... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
there was a guy that actually did something like that. Took one gal of SG, poured it into a 50gal drum. The techs would drain a gallon then mix it at 4:1, as per the instructions. He was taken to court over this, telling people they were applying SG but weren't, but acquitted because "technically" he WAS applying SOME SG :roll:

Package pricing services seems a much better route than whole house pricing. With every discount we seem to be devaluing the work. Just because we are cleaning 5 rms rather than 2, does that mean the cleaning is worth less per room?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Look at hardballchemical.com the math is done for you. I still make good money on protector and the stuff is better than scotchgard

Sent from my Comet using Tapatalk

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
Scotchgard offers classic 1:4 dilution strength and covers 200 sq ft per diluted gallon. The bottle hooks right to your PowerForce or Hydro-Force or equipment, making Scotchgard incredibly easy to apply.

A gallon is roughly 40 bucks. It "makes" 800 square feet. Right?

Making sure I am not thinking wrong here.

FredC

Village Idiot
Like EVERYTHING in the f'n universe it comes down to statistics/averages/probabilities.

I "grew up" on "whole House" cleaning with the only two companies i ever worked for before starting my own. i didn't even realize people would go for that "we need to come out an give an estimate" BS.

Statistics/averages. If you have been cleaning for any length of time you SHOULD know the AVERAGE size of homes you are cleaning , the length of time it takes to do so, AND the price you need to charge for it. to be profitable.

Probabilities: Like i said I "grew up" with whole house pricing. There WERE NOT any limits on the "coupons" and a "whole house" was done for $79-$99 dollars. While that might seem absolutely fuckin insane it was based on what we were cleaning on AVERAGE..(small ranches in the SC lowcountry).and the owner wasn't hurting for money at those prices. The probabilities part comes into play here..."but what if?"..the occurrence of jobs outside of the specs you have based your price on should be insignificant anomalies that are factored in or disregarded from jump (eat it). If it is happening often enough to have a noticeable impact its time to revisit the calculator.

The REAL QUESTION is whether or not, after doing the math, your whole house pricing is attractive or at the very least can be "sold" to customers. If you are an OCD vacuumer in Canuckistan or a "premium" cleaner with a supermount looking to retire off a few Sun City clients trying to dispose of their money before the kids get it..........a "whole house" deal probably isn't the best marketing.............. Can you imagine how many calls you would get if you advertised a whole house for 300-$600...I can

The options in the context of the average OO seem to reside in a relatively narrow ban though...............it seems to be a strategy that is transitioned to with growth

....................................................and that is all I have to say about whole house pricing

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
The Forest Gump of carpet cleaning.

Cleaning carpets is like a box of chocolates.

If you're putting money in the bank.....F everything and everyone else.....I mean that in the nicest way possible. !gotcha!

What Fred sed seems pretty obvious to me....He just has such an artistic way of explaining it.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Brian R said:
The Forest Gump of carpet cleaning.

If you're putting money in the bank.....F everything and everyone else.....I mean that in the nicest way possible. !gotcha!

What Fred sed seems pretty obvious to me....He just has such an artistic way of explaining it.

if someone is baitand switch, or they are doing a halfassed job, or consistently doing a poor but barely adequate job , but they are making money, hooray for them

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Re: Re: Whole House Pricing

Ron Werner said:
[quote="Brian R":6c2blkjq]The Forest Gump of carpet cleaning.

if someone is baitand switch, or they are doing a halfassed job, or consistently doing a poor but barely adequate job , but they are making money, hooray for them[/quote:6c2blkjq]
Those are assumptions that may not be accurate- someone could be doing a great job for a decent price.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ron Werner said:
[quote="Brian R":3qftowj3]The Forest Gump of carpet cleaning.

if someone is baitand switch, or they are doing a halfassed job, or consistently doing a poor but barely adequate job , but they are making money, hooray for them[/quote:3qftowj3]

Now you know that's not what I meant young man......I meant as far as their prices go....Not the quality of work.

Jees

With that said...If your customers are happy with your work....F everyone else...Including Werner !gotcha!

J/k Werner. lol

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ron Werner said:
So if YOU are happy making what you are making, ie "enough"
and your custies are happy with what you are doing to their fabrics
then all is well in the universe

Well....Yeah......What?

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
No one has responded to my question. Taken directly from Jondon:

Scotchgard offers classic 1:4 dilution strength and covers 200 sq ft per diluted gallon. The bottle hooks right to your PowerForce or Hydro-Force or equipment, making Scotchgard incredibly easy to apply.

40 Bucks a gallon. 200 square feet per gallon. Not 1000.

Say you do 4 rooms at 50sft per room, which is main walking area. That'd be 36.00, and you'd be 4 bucks in the hole, right?

I'm not trying to be a smartass, I am just not seeing how 9 bucks a room for protectant can be profitable, unless your dilluting the stuff to oblivion.

This is something I want to start doing, so again... I am being serious with this questioning.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
No it is 1000sq ft. 4 to 1 means 1 gal SG to 1 gal water equaling 5 gals ready to spray at 200 sq ft per diluted gallon or 1000. No one should be paying more than 4 cents per sq ft and if you buy in quantity it can be much much less.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

dday

Ross Buettner said:
.... Taken directly from Jondon:

40 Bucks a gallon. 200 square feet per gallon. Not 1000. ....

Do you even use Scotchgard? Because from your math, you havn't been protecting your customer's carpets, you have been shellacking your customer's carpets at 1 gallon of Scotchgard to 200 sq. ft. Those carpets must literally shine and shimmer like gel in a punk rocker's mohawk.

Read your quote from Jon Don - dilute 1 part scotchgard to four parts water, which yields 5 gallons RTU @ 200 sq. ft. per gallon (get it - per diluted gallon).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom