Who would do this? What'd you say if it happened to YOU?

Connor

Name
Connor
Would you really MLM your customers?

"So would you like any upholstery cleaning, a cell phone plan or electricity today with your carpet cleaning?"

What if your, ahem, plumber asked you to "watch a great video" while he fixed your toilet?

What would you say to it? (other than, "If that stuff is so lucrative, why you sweating at service work?")

Would you think it unprofessional or scam like?

Know any doctors that do it?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
It's just part time. Extra income for me and possible savings for you.

If you have a good relationship with the customer....It shouldn't be a problem.

I don't run in trying to recruit someone.....I just let them know what I have to offer.

Simple.

When you have a laptop and people can see it...They get it.

www.getyourservices.com

Go through the sign up process Connor.

Let me know what happens.

Connor

Name
Connor
Mikey P said:
lol

Did you wife, sister or brother in law blow out their Roladex or life's savings chasing the Amway dream?

Nope. I know some successful people who are in Amway, but they were successful in business before Amway. In '96 I went to a rally (Amway rally, of course !gotcha! ), but that was about it.

It was a cult like cheer fest where they prayed a lot, had a church like "praise team" and told uplifting stories of wealth and prosperity of serving God through giving and stories about owning many homes and gifting ten thousand dollar watches to fellow members. Brig Hart hisowndamnself was there encouraging everyone to "get in". It was like people worshiped him for getting rich and he could "heal" them of their financial woes, casting out the demons of having to work a job for a living. 8)

I listened to their hypnotizing tapes and all that stuff, but never took the plunge. :mrgreen:

A different time I was lured into a MLM meeting by someone posing as a plumbing customer.

A lady that worked with my wife call me for an urgent plumbing problem with kitchen sink, but when I go there said she just wanted "free estimate".

Next words out of her mouth, "Oh, while you are here, I have some GREAT news, she had an easel with a PrePaid Legal sales presentation ready for me. When I tried to leave, she asked me to look at her bathtub, then she started again with that PrePaid Legal crap. I just walked out. A month later, she was selling ADT security too. Of course, she called me again.

THAT'S been my memory of that woman for ten years, annoying time waster.

I had a customer that sold "health supplements" that I bought for a while. He was no pressure on me selling anything, just give him the twelve bucks and I'd have my bottle of herbal speed, he did ask for me to tell my friends about it if I liked it.

I quit taking it after I read that something at GNC that some of the ingredients were linked to kidney failure. I might have spent 36 bucks in total.

Mikey P

Administrator
a few years back I was trapped on a flight to Vegas with a bunch of pot bellied, balding 60 to 70 year old men all headed to the Pre Paid Legal convention

Connor

Name
Connor
Mikey P said:
a few years back I was trapped on a flight to Vegas with a bunch of pot bellied, balding 60 to 70 year old men all headed to the Pre Paid Legal convention

Did you tell them that you were a Baha i and that you wanted to share the good news of Abdul-Baha?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I'll admit that I'll tell everyone I speak with about this.

But If they're not into it...I'm ok with that...And I won't tell again.

You CAN just sell the product and do well. But I'm not sure why anyone would do this and not tell everyone anyway.

To each his own.

I think it seems like I'm trying to convice people here....And I'm not.

I'm just arguing the point as usual.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Probably the vast majority orbif they do it is far less than the $110 a year that accumulates with PPL. In my 52 years I would not have used it for a coverable issue.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Connor

Name
Connor
C'mon, anybody other than the above posters care to chime in on this thread.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Ken Snow said:
PPL Sales reps are major stalkers. At one point we had 25 empoyees signed up for it, now maybe 1-2.

The sad part is, if you ever need serious, effective legal representation, especially a lawyer who does courtroom litigation or a complex specialty like patent law litigation, appeals, etc. you won't get it from PPL.

Take care,
Lisa

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
I was introduced by a few customers and still am for the following

Some damn thing Donald Trump started, herbal life, and this one customer wants me to get involved in the "rent to own" auto business.

Funny thing, today I cleaned the house of the financial guy of the auto rent to own. He said they, get this, average 15 cars per day. But they totally deal with bottom feeders.

Oh boy.

When I hear they want me to listen to a great opportunity, I run.

Bob Foster

15 vehicles a day of which 13 were vehicles that they previously owned and repossessed by the same buy-here- pay-here slime operation. I bet some vehicles get resold multiple times. They have a line up of suckers waiting to get approved for a loan at high interest for a ridiculously over book priced vehicle that they could never hope to qualify elsewhere for. I bet they even have their own tow truck.

One of the sleaziest businesses that exist.

Did you have to take a shower after listening to him?

Connor

Name
Connor
That's how most of the buy here pay here lots work. You buy a car whose down payment is double what they paid at auction and make five or six payments till they come get it back in the middle of the night then it's sold again.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Connor said:
Would you really MLM your customers?I would never, but I'm not much of a salesmen.. I think I would feel slimy about doing it kind of like I feel when selling protector.

"So would you like any upholstery cleaning, a cell phone plan or electricity today with your carpet cleaning?" Here I think you lose credibility with you client(in your main service) and they would think that your business is hurting so your are on to your next endeavor.

What if your, ahem, plumber asked you to "watch a great video" while he fixed your toilet?No time to watch the stupid video, could you just fix it, so I could go back to work doing what makes me money to pay your bill. Thought to self: The time you took telling me about this isn't billable time is it?

What would you say to it? (othey
Would you think it unprofessional or scam like? I would personally, but you could get maybe 15% to do it the other 85% might not call you back next time... Not worth it to me, I just want to focus on one thing and be the best I can at it.

Know any doctors that do it?

Connor

Name
Connor
I thought the same thing, Personally, I'd think you weren't giving my needed service full attention or that you were going to try to scam me.

I have a good rapport with my customers, but I don't think I would after trying to pyramid them and if you don't think it's a pyramid, then you're in Da Nile.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I've had customers try to MLM me with their spiel several times.

My eyes glaze over as I space them out.

I had one client that dropped me because I didn't buy his prepaid legal fees crap.

He must be living at the mission by now.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
So funny.....it IS a pyramid.

Dave...How do you say "no" when you don't know what you're saying "no" to?

Bob Foster

m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y60XdZJG83Um]

m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m_4S5BtIbkm]

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Brian R said:
So funny.....it IS a pyramid.

Dave...How do you say "no" when you don't know what you're saying "no" to?

If it sound too good to be true..................

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Brian R said:
What sounds "too good to be true?"

THe fast talking dribble about fortune and being on easy street from the MLM cult people.

A have cleaned for some that bought into it. Built big houses built on dreams and then lost them to live in rentals.

Back
Top Bottom