Who does Package Pricing?

Jay D

Name
Jay D
I need to increase sales and profit this year. I would like to offer good, better, best pricing to increase the amount of things I get paid for. I would give the same level of cleaning but add vacuuming, fans, protector etc. to the better packages. I guess my question is
1/How do you make it work with area pricing?
2/ Do you package price over the phone or do you pre-inspect?
3/Have you been able to get the whole enchilada package sold to any one or do they always go to the middle and low package.
4/ How do you systematize this AND simplify this.

I need to increase but do not want to appear in anyway like a bait and switch co who are the scum of the earth. I have been doing some things for one customer and some things for another customer at the same price and not getting enough out of what I'm charging. I work hard for my customer to bring the level of cleaning up to the best possible for them but now i guess I want to be paid for it. Maybe just increase my prices but sometimes that isn't always the best option for an individual market. Any honest and constructive opinions would be appreciated. Thank You.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Jay, I have a local friend/competitor who just switched to package pricing by the room. Hopefully soon I'll have some results as I was considering doing this as well. I think his base equals about .48/sf, so we'll see

Jay D

Name
Jay D
I area price now and quote over the phone based on the areas they want cleaned. Most of my work is by referral and repeat.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
On the "budget package" the customer would vacuum, on the "Standard Package" and the "Premium package" I would do the vacuuming. So no one does this package pricing?

Chris A

Name
Chris
I think you might run into a problem there with a high number of customers opting to do it themselves. For most of our time in business we have seldom pre-vacuumed. Now that we are starting, I can already smell the objections from a few old-crochetys about the higher price. But I'm not going to give them the option, because everyone will say that they will, and about 50% will actually get it done. Crackin down beetches!

WISE

Jay--

Scott may comment on the Hot Seat about it.

I have 3 packages--the problem lies in that I also have employees. On busy days, the "Menu" never leaves their clipboard. And fortunately, we have had quite a few busy days, but I HAVE to do better at managing them to offer the packages.

We are also Area/Room pricers. I did SF pricing for about a week, it sucked. I have been told by people I respect and trust that SF pricing is the way to go, my experience has been equally high ticket averages without the headache and confusion of SF pricing.

WISE

Back
Top Bottom