when is it time to fire a customer?

Connor

Name
Connor
Sam, are you saying because they are foreign it bothers you and that if Mr or Ms Lilly white it wouldn't?

Hey, there are white foreigners, too, *********. just sayin.

Many German women are very particular.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I didn't Chris, I was responding to someone else. I probably should have used a different comparison than "lilly white" but assumed what I meant would be understood. Apparently not in your case.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
[h=2]when is it time to fire a customer? [/h]when it's no longer profitable

I dont let too many accounts go but we where greatly surpassing the man hours on the origanal estimate.

there's the root of it, Jon
You under bid it and now you're seeking validation to drop it

I was scared to go back and request more money because I was affraid I would then be heald to an even higher more unreasonable standard

sac-up man
what's to be afraid of??
either you have what it takes to deal with difficult custys or you don't

pay attention to Gill..he's a rising start that "gets it" and will go as far as he chooses in this biz

and whatever Chavez says, tattoo it to your arm for future reference , cause he not only "gets it" like Gilly does, but he "got it" a long time ago .....and for the last 40 years has seen it, done it, been it, and is "it" from the bottom of the rung to kickin' those cowboy boots up on top of the Head Honcho's desk ...of a multi-million dollar outfit

..L.T.A.

Connor

Name
Connor
I didn't Chris, I was responding to someone else. I probably should have used a different comparison than "lilly white" but assumed what I meant would be understood. Apparently not in your case.

Obliviously so.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
"I can handle most people but some foreigners who walk behind me saying please hit this spot again and again. It just pisses me off."

Sam, are you saying because they are foreign it bothers you and that if Mr or Ms Lilly white it wouldn't?

maybe it's as simple as his lilly white AmUrican custys don't have a propensity to do that like his custys from the Asian continent with brown and/or yellow skin??
wadda'ya think...

..L.T.A.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Could be Lar, that's why I was looking for clarification. My experience was a "certain" type of person did that and that certain type existed in all races/nationalities.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Could be Lar, that's why I was looking for clarification. My experience was a "certain" type of person did that and that certain type existed in all races/nationalities.

some just WAY more than others ..unless you're in state of politically correct induced denial ....:lol:

..L.T.A.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Maybe I went a little too far there but it was true! :lol:

Last edited:

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
My only thought on this is if you do reach the point, for whatever reason, where you need to move on - handle it with care and respect. I have very rarely let a client go over the years, but in my early years I would do it out of pride and annoyance. I know for a fact that one of those decisions cost me a number of high-value clients. In my world, whenever the little voice in my head says "I'll show them who's the boss!" - I know I'm about to handle the situation poorly and hose myself!

Reactions: Ken Snow

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Totally agree with you Jeff. We are in the service business and dealing with all sorts of people is key to success in my opinion. Doesn't mean we have to let them abuse or totally tromp on our dignity, but taking some crap is good for the soul LOL.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
When i get a customer that is combative or talks down to me or disrespects me i simply tell them that i am probally not qualified to work for you so it is better that you call another company and thank you for considering us. Of cource i say it in a very slow nice tone of voice.

Last edited:

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
I've let the odd one go over the 12 years I've been in business.

One I distinctly remember, I think I cleaned her lounge area three times, and still didn't get paid. Didn't like the RX20 action, so re did it with wand and groomed with the rake, didn't like the grooming lines from the rake so ended up going back the next day and wanted only.

Anyone else I decline to work for is out of principle of not paying an overdue account. It amazing the number of people that forget they didn't pay you, or forget that they used you last time. I had one that I had reciprocated printing business for, and she came back wanting more work and I told her she still had an outstanding account for like two years before. I got it settled straight away, it was at a time when she was going through a messy separation and so I still work for her.

John

Back
Top Bottom