What's your best guess on how this soiling developed, working for the new homeowner so I'm not getting any clues

Mikey P

Administrator
I want to say dog hair oil but why isn't it dirty on the other side of the room or in that corner behind the door PXL_20230929_174308536.jpgPXL_20230929_174314511.jpg16960095236974688155017081154211.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
Coulda used an RE...

I tried every trick I had to talk him out of cleaning that one room but they're moving in tomorrow then have time to go carpet shopping so I got the ol' do the best you can...

20230929_124119-COLLAGE.jpg
PXL_20230929_192342166.jpg

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
is there a bathroom connected to that room somewhere? Give us more detail on how that room is situated in conjunction with the rooms around it. @Mikey P

Reactions: SamIam

Mikey P

Administrator
is there a bathroom connected to that room somewhere? Give us more detail on how that room is situated in conjunction with the rooms around it. @Mikey P
There is a bathroom on the opposite corner but there's no foot lotion marks coming out of it and there was absolutely zero doggy dander or urine odor or all the typical signs that this was dog hair grease

Name
Jeff T
@ this point, doesn’t matter. They want it clean.

Prespray W/ UPE, enzyme or equivalent, boost with oxy, scrub with board du jour, dwell, extract hot, slow passes, Make sure acid rinse is @ 2-3 GPH, slower dry passes, force dry, collect check, forget it happened, crack an IPA, soak in tub…

IDK, that’s what I’d do….

Mikey P

Administrator
@ this point, doesn’t matter. They want it clean.

Prespray W/ UPE, enzyme or equivalent, boost with oxy, scrub with board du jour, dwell, extract hot, slow passes, Make sure acid rinse is @ 2-3 GPH, slower dry passes, force dry, collect check, forget it happened, crack an IPA, soak in tub…

IDK, that’s what I’d do….
Lite beer and a glass of wine but yeah...

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
From the looks of the cornrows they’ve had it pad cleaned previously and who ever did it probably used Simple Green.

It does have the look of soil attracting residue.

How difficult was it to clean?

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Not very, no second applications needed

When something that looks that bad cleans with relative ease, its likely residue.

Add to that how the soil pattern appears to have a distinct clean/dirty borders. Between people who VLM with sticky shampoo products and HWE people who over apply and underextract all purpose degreasers, its a common occurance.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
When something that looks that bad cleans with relative ease, its likely residue.

Add to that how the soil pattern appears to have a distinct clean/dirty borders. Between people who VLM with sticky shampoo products and HWE people who over apply and underextract all purpose degreasers, its a common occurance.
Or people who vlm with hwe products.

Name
Jeff T
There was another dude a city away that was using industrial engine degreaser on apartment and office buildings…

I knew he was, cause he left a 5 gallon pail in the janitor closet on a job….

I confirmed the product use by asking the sales guy at a local chemical manufacturer…

He would buy it in 55 gallon drums apparently.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
So no lose of vacuum from soap residue?

You have a wand with a window anymore? See what you're pulling out?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Lastly the 530 spray pattern is way better then the one I got.

Nice even clean what jets????

Name
Swani
I want to say dog hair oil but why isn't it dirty on the other side of the room or in that corner behind the doorView attachment 124641View attachment 124642View attachment 124643
Do they have any black top outside their home? I've also seen this situation with workers who wear their work boots home from construction, refineries, etc. and then they rent the Rug Doctor and add a little extra product and maybe a dab of dish soap, peroxide, baking soda, and whatever else they read on the internet that is supposed to clean awesome, but only attracts soil and oil back 10 fold.

Mikey P

Administrator
Do they have any black top outside their home? I've also seen this situation with workers who wear their work boots home from construction, refineries, etc. and then they rent the Rug Doctor and add a little extra product and maybe a dab of dish soap, peroxide, baking soda, and whatever else they read on the internet that is supposed to clean awesome, but only attracts soil and oil back 10 fold.
no

Reactions: Living The Dream

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I want to say dog hair oil but why isn't it dirty on the other side of the room or in that corner behind the doorView attachment 124641View attachment 124642View attachment 124643
Did you see the room when it was being lived in furnished? It might've been clutter all over the floor protecting the carpet from getting soiled.

But back to the soiled area. I'm seeing a combination of funk and crushed fiber distorting the carpet, making it look dirtier, even after you cleaned it.

And if you shine a blacklight on it, you'll see all over the floor where laundry detergent with brighteners was used sometime long ago to fk it up even more

Reactions: Living The Dream

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom