What was your best get me new accounts idea

Ken692

Name
Kenny
I really learned a lot here,
And I have got some great info and help, I really need to get more accounts, and work. I have put up a ton of flyers and lots of people have taken the takeoff tabs but not one call, I know it's vacation season. I'm in a big school / college aria, I was wondering if you guys had one thing you think really kicked it up a notch.
Short of cold walkins I'm ready to try something new

Reactions: Mikey P

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
EDDM to targeted neighborhoods works really well. Plus you only spend what you want.

Make sure the piece looks good and includes a limited time compelling offer.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The best part is you pick the routes within the Zip code. So if there are some homes you don't want to receive it don't mail to them. Pick the one's that have the best chance of a response.

They once you get the machine moving don't quit doing it. Spend $100.00 every other week or once a month but keep it rolling.

Ken692

Name
Kenny
I see some really crazy whole house for $25 what's going on there? I would like to have a great compelling offer but that's just impossible

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
With two (or three) room minimum:

Free room, free hall, free chair cleaning, free stairs, free spotting bottle. Free whole house! ;)

Or 50% protector, 50% off deodorizing, 50% off auto upholstery

Oh hell it just might work....don't do it. :winky:

Reactions: Ken692

Ken692

Name
Kenny
Yes August is a bad month and we are going to get a crazy winter, I need to get more steady business

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
What this winter you guys are always talking about?!? :lol:
:icon_cry:

Its awful Nate it gets cold...so cold the sun no longer likes to stay out in it. Then this white shit falls from the sky and piles up everywhere.

Some times you wake only to see a beautiful scene of ice coating everything. It really is beautiful...until you can't open your car door or branches fall from the weight and pull down power lines and you go with no power for hours or days in freezing temps.

The roads are so slippery cars crash into each other, then the wind blows down from Nebraska to the point you see nobody outside. Not man or animal, we put coats on the horses. :icon_neutral: (Nebraska is an evil cold place Hell Hole if you will.)

Those that are foolish enough to venture out must wear layers to keep warm. The fridge wind still burns your skin.

Nate it is coming, no matter how hot it gets, no matter how sunny it is...Winter is coming. Its coming for me. :eekk:

I hate hate HATE it! :angry:

However today is going to be a beautiful 85° today! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Here is a "promo" we ran in the dead of last winter. We emailed it out to all the customers in our Service Monster data base. It really gave us a boost. Even though we were "giving away" something, the average invoice for this promo ended up being $741 with clients adding on the matching upholstery pieces and having us do other work. Totaled $8,900 in sales off this...in the dead of winter so it was a success for us and kept the cash flow going. However, this might not be helpful if you are trying to capture new customers and don't already have a client base to send it to.

Angie's List Deal of the Day, Groupon, Living Social Daily Deal....They have nothing on "Burdick's Bargain Buys".

Here is our first one:

50% off couch/sofa cleaning and application of fabric protector. Normally $150, Burdick’s Bargain Buys price $75. (And receive 10% off any additional services performed during your Burdick’s Bargain Buy appointment).

· To qualify the cleaning must occur during the month of January or February 2015. Couch/Sofa is defined as couch that can seat up to 3 standard size adults and not to exceed 8 ft in length, with removable seat cushions and fully upholstered back (no loose back pillows).

· Couches with chaises, ottomans, loose back pillows or couches as part of a sectional will incur additional charges at the regular rate.

· One Burdick’s Bargain Buy per household.

· Not valid for cash back

· Burdick’s Bargain Buy cannot be combined with other specials or offers.

· Burdick’s Bargain Buy cannot be applied to current or past jobs.

· Burdick’s Bargain Buy is for residential service only.

· Burdick’s Bargain Buy appointments are to be performed during normal business hours within a 15 mile radius of 18901 zip code (Or anywhere within Bucks and Montgomery Counties).

· Pet stains/odor or extreme stain removal will incur additional charges.

· Specialty fabrics are not eligible (Silk, suede, velvet).

Call now to take advantage of this Burdick’s Bargain Buy. 215-343-6450.

Keep your eyes out for other deals. Like and SHARE our Facebook Page to make sure you don’t miss them!

https://www.facebook.com/BurdicksCleaning?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

Things have been a bit light this week and looking so for next week and the week with everyone focusing on getting ready for back to school. Schools here start on 8/31 or 8/8 depending on the district. I may throw something out there to beef up the schedule.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
:icon_cry:

Its awful Nate it gets cold...so cold the sun no longer likes to stay out in it. Then this white shit falls from the sky and piles up everywhere.

Some times you wake only to see a beautiful scene of ice coating everything. It really is beautiful...until you can't open your car door or branches fall from the weight and pull down power lines and you go with no power for hours or days in freezing temps.

The roads are so slippery cars crash into each other
Then the wind blows down from Nebraska to the point you see nobody outside. Not man or animal, we put coats on the horses. :icon_neutral:

Those that are foolish enough to venture out must wear layers to keep warm and the wind still burns your skin. (Nebraska is an evil cold place Hell Hole if you will.)

Nate is coming, no matter how hot it gets, no matter how sunny it is...Winter is coming. Its coming for me. :eekk: I hate hate HATE it! :angry:

However today is going to be a beautiful 85° today! :cool:

employee-performance-review-not-listening.jpg

laura@legendbrands

Whipper Snapper
Name
Laura O
I really learned a lot here,
And I have got some great info and help, I really need to get more accounts, and work. I have put up a ton of flyers and lots of people have taken the takeoff tabs but not one call, I know it's vacation season. I'm in a big school / college aria, I was wondering if you guys had one thing you think really kicked it up a notch.
Short of cold walkins I'm ready to try something new

Network.

This doesn't drive immediate results but if developed and maintained... it could help you gain more clients while helping other businesses as well...

Some people may consider it developing a "virtual sales team" -- Meaning building partnerships with local businesses who recommend each others products and services.

Pretty much it is a value added service. I guess a simple explanation is... if you encounter a situation where you are listtening to a client talk and they happen to mention they really need to get the walls painted, or an electrician, or a plumber... you could respond with "Oh, there is a great local company I can recommend. I will get you (Insert Contact Name) phone number and company information. He owns the business and I know they do great work."

The idea behind it is that you develop a diverse network of qualified businesses in your area. So, now you can add more value to your customers, by being able to offer solutions to a variety of their problems.

The only catch is... you want to make sure they are really good at what they do! You never want to refer to a client to a business, if you don't know how they operate their business.

It is just an idea that I have found successful in the sales world :)

Reactions: Desk Jockey
J

JS41035

Khakis and a polo shirt with your companies name. Tucked in with a belt. I don't like cargo pants but dark blue dickies are ok. That would set you apart from 75% of the competition.

Reactions: Ken692

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Chavez Approved!
My guys love them pants, i still like dockers ... :oldrolleyes:
I wear jeans most days but if I know I'm going out to help I have a pair to slip on.

I like the feel of Dockers or chinos better but they don't hold up well with the stuff we get into. They also don't hold their color well through as many washing as they will get. Great for you the boss but the techs need durable both that can stand up to abuse and wash well.

They like them. I've seen these guys go to a funeral in work pants. :oldrolleyes:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
They tell me, they like the pockets and feel more professional.
It looks good on them. We buy a nice dryfit type polo shirt and they do look sharp.

This is what they currently wear. I have new polo's, pants & T-shirts here in my office I need to sort and number before I trade out the old uniforms.

Carpet%20Cleaning%20Nick%20and%20technican%20in%20drive_zpsurhiuszf.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
The best new accounts for us have always been in the form of a referral.

That being said, if you don't have a lot of current accounts that can refer you, you need to gain those initial accounts.

There is no one easy or fast way to do this.

I have given lots of info on the in the past in other posts. This isn't a new topic.

Search some of the past threads and your sure to find some good info. I'm on my phone and can't really do it, but wen back on the PC I'll search and post link t those threads.

Join a professional networking group like BNI or LeTip. I posted before about how to figure out the best group for you. You should start with your target market/demographic.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Thanks for reminding me.....

Things are a bit slow for the next 3 weeks - which is typical this time of year. The school districts are starting around her either Aug. 31 or Sept. 7. So many people are finishing up vacations and in the throws of getting ready for back to school.

I decided to post a new Burdick's Bargain Buy (like the couch one I previously posted).

I used SM to send out emails to our client base. Email went out on Friday about noon. We price by the room, with our first two rooms being $180, then $80 for each additional. Promo was for 50% off the first two rooms, so $90 for the first two rooms, then regular rates for the rest of the work. Work has to be completed by 9/11 to qualify for the deal (things will have picked back up by then).

Booked 9 jobs so far. All who booked will be doing more than just the 2 room promo. 3 jobs are ones that don't qualify for the promo (one commercial job, 2 just upholstery jobs) but the email reminded the customers that they needed to get on our schedule. I'll update with future bookings and the revenue as we complete the jobs.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I'm still getting jobs from setting up Employee Discount programs from major employers that I did over 10 years ago. I Just spent a few minutes at each and no money. Hundreds and hundreds of new client from very little effort.

Reactions: PrimaDonna

Ken692

Name
Kenny
There's some great food for thought, I love the ideas , the email is powerful and cost effective.
I got to get this ball rolling.
Had a great day today, some of the monthly clients had us keeping busy. This is great

Able 1

Name
Keith
Flyers have always been my "go to" if I'm slow.. It has to be the right time though!

Able 1

Name
Keith
I don't do the Facebook thing, but my wife just plasters it, 2 or 3 jobs this week.. Not over posting on my account which would be annoying she posts it in groups she belongs to... The one that seems to be working the best is this Ashley Madison chick she must have alot of friends..

Back
Top Bottom