What the heck is it with those dang Coit guys?

Mikey P

Administrator
I found this on Yelp.com...

Too damn funny..

Ross Fuller is THE MAN.

After a run in with bunk steam cleaners such as Robert's "Professional Carpet Care" (the guy flaked NUMEROUS times), and places asking over $200 to clean our furniture, I called up COIT for an estimate. Ross showed up and the COIT estimate was about $150 WITH A 33% discount!!

Ross then told me he was starting up his own business and that he'd be willing to do our two pieces for about half of that price if we'd let him come back over the weekend. He was SO NICE. I couldn't believe how friendly and professional he was. I can't say enough kind words about this gentleman.

He showed up right on time this afternoon and immediately got to work. Nasty crusty stains, pet hair, and dirt and grime all came out with ease. Our couches look great! And, while he was waiting for us to finish baking carrot-cupcakes, he even did our rug and a large section of our carpet at NO EXTRA CHARGE!

I offered him more, and he told me he'd quoted us $80 and that he was a man of his word; he was happy to help out, and grateful for the home-made-from-scratch cupcake. $80 for all of this, and great friendly service!?

This man is awesome, seriously. Why use anyone else!?

People thought this was:

Useful (1)

Funny (1)

Cool (1

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
IMO Ross is a thief plain and simple. No different than someone who works at walmart selling stuff off the shelf and putting the money in their pocket. I think that's it's very telling that the person who wrote that does not even have a clue that they are enableing a thief. To go so far as using words like "honest" and "professional" is a damn shame.

I don't know who Coit is but I hope they see this review and can the guy if he hasn't quit already.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Joey Johnston said:
To go so far as using words like "honest" and "professional" is a damn shame.

fo-reel.
he's "honeslty" stealing from an owner of a "professional" CCing biz :roll:

wdda schmuck

..L.T.A.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
That is a cautionary tale to all of you who have multi truck operations.

Even employees who aren't considering leaving are giving themselves "Protector for cash" raises more than ever right now.

Check up on everyone, no matter how much you think you can trust them.

Name
I'm Rick James
With shady business practices like that he will get whats coming to him. Its called Karma. It's never a good idea to start a business with negative, unethical business practices. What goes around comes around.

G

Not to mention he is gonna have to keep charging your cheap ass the same price,ouch :lol:

you could of gotten the 5 rooms and a hall for just another 49.95 as well.

Kevin

Greenie

Now...if Ross had "gone on his own" at twice the quoted price, he'd be a BB hero.

G

i worked for coit here in syracuse newyork and if its like the rest of the coits you are always getting shorted of your commissions it is the worlds worst franchise, no equipement, no stair tools no kind of agitation, just spray and go , no guard just spray water. oh we are going into the the high end neighborhood as they would call it fluffyville raise the prices and then give the 33 percent off. i remember no chemicals for one week no prespray and the only thing they had for us was hattian cotton that was your pre spray and truck mix big companys like that dont care about the employees its all about the money i worked there 8 years and they went bankruket 2 years ago i can tell you stories all about them that are true you can go on the internet and look them up just like the kid i trained and he used my truck when i was out hurt for a month and because of no manintance it blew up with him in it a wife and two kids . so god bless that guy who is on the side making money for him self i applaud him remember guys if you dont take care of your employees they wont take care of you,./.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Scott start a new topic and tell us some more stories.

Maybe some others will notice and add their own.

It will be good to expose their tactics and if there are any people doing things like that here they will straighten up and do the right thing.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Brian Robison said:
Steeling from the Devil is still steeling.

Agreed! A thief by any other name is still a thief.

If you don't like the companies business practices quit. If I was working for a company that told me to spray water instead of protector I'd walk, immediatly. I'm not a thief and I damn sure won't work for a thief.

G

remember if you dont take care of your employees they wont take care of you, and if you dont pay your employees what they have comming to them and its a problem week in and week out they will get even its the law of averages

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Jim Pemberton said:
That is a cautionary tale to all of you who have multi truck operations.

Even employees who aren't considering leaving are giving themselves "Protector for cash" raises more than ever right now.

Check up on everyone, no matter how much you think you can trust them.

The acid test, from backwhenIhademployees manyyearsago. We always have friends that want work do cheaply or for freee, SSOOO- If I suspected a tech was thieving my chems or money, I would arrange to have a buddy get his work, done and pay for the job by cheque, but offer to pay for protector by cash. Fired a few people that way, gave a $100 cash bonus if they passed. I made a point of taking good care of my stars.

Mikey P

Administrator
campusman57 said:
i worked for coit here in syracuse newyork and if its like the rest of the coits you are always getting shorted of your commissions it is the worlds worst franchise, no equipement, no stair tools no kind of agitation, just spray and go , no guard just spray water. oh we are going into the the high end neighborhood as they would call it fluffyville raise the prices and then give the 33 percent off. i remember no chemicals for one week no prespray and the only thing they had for us was hattian cotton that was your pre spray and truck mix big companys like that dont care about the employees its all about the money i worked there 8 years and they went bankruket 2 years ago i can tell you stories all about them that are true you can go on the internet and look them up just like the kid i trained and he used my truck when i was out hurt for a month and because of no manintance it blew up with him in it a wife and two kids . so god bless that guy who is on the side making money for him self i applaud him remember guys if you dont take care of your employees they wont take care of you,./.

Bingo!

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Del those long winded posts are only going to get ignored.
"Clients" ?

People are not concerned about ethics or integrity in carpet cleaning.
Why their opinion of our industry is that we are slightly above common janitors.

So maybe you should go back and hang out with those SHAMPOOERS who want to believe
that running a cimex and grinding in some SHAMPOO is ethical in the first place.

Rex Tyus

OK. If Ross used Coits equipment and chems he is a thief. Plain and simple.

If he has his own rig and chems he has only violated a non compete or a confidentiality agreement (IF he even signed one). Which is not criminal only questionalble at best. If the company he works for is not ethical then he can justify it in his own mind.

There is an old saying in certain circles. 10% of employees will try and steal no matter what the circumstance. 10% will NEVER steal no matter what the circumstance. 80% will steal under the right circumstances. Keeping the 80% majority honest is managements responsibility.

Mikey P

Administrator
Ross has an old used beater Coit truck that he bought off the shop mechanic.

Funny thing is, the decals were removed but the van is so faded it still reads..

COIT
COIT
COIT
COIT

Down the sides

Rex Tyus

Mikey P said:
Ross has an old used beater Coit truck that he bought off the shop mechanic.

Funny thing is, the decals were removed but the van is so faded it still reads..

COIT
COIT
COIT
COIT

Down the sides

That settles it. He is not a thief. Just Gorilla marketing. They sold him the van so it is all good.

DRScrivner

[/quote]
That settles it. He is not a thief. Just Gorilla marketing. They sold him the van so it is all good.[/quote]

ABSOLUTLEY INCORRECT- he used COIT's gas, time, supplies and marketing to pay his client expenses. If you had an employee do it to you you would see it as theft as well.

If that does not convince you that it is theft then think about it like this: At a company could they allow EVERY SINGLE employee to do that and still survive- NO WAY.

It is theft- 100%.

If he does that I personally could not trust that he is not stealing chemicals from COIT too.

Back
Top Bottom