What kinds of uniforms do you guys wear?

Name
Kevin McCreary
I would love some feedback.

For years we wore rental and wearguard pants and button down collar shirts with a company and logo, I.I.C.R.C. Patches etc.

Then I got lazy and I also felt like a carpet nerd and just went to polos with embroidered logos and cargo pants or shorts.

I have never noticed a difference in customer perception as long as you where still well groomed etc.

Now I'm thinking about stepping it down another notch this summer to cargo pants/shorts and high end screen printed tee's. Any comments?

Kevin

Rescue

I wear cargo shorts or pants. I leave it up to the tech. between Polo or printed tees. I think you must be well groomed that is the key.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
clean screen printed t shirts

Jerzee sweatshirts and coats in the winter but I hate coats so I am going to screen print some hoodies

use to buy Cintas uniform pants but quality has gone down so I switched to Aramark, nicer pants and a better fit

Farenheit251

I like the mechanic style shirts. They don't soil easily or snag/tear like the polos. Automotive workwear.com has a brand called Red Kap that is designed to still look good untucked. Like what UPS drivers wear.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Green Aramark Polos (get the best ones, they wont shrink or fade) with khaki trimming on the collar and sleeve. Carharrt work/cargo pants in mushroom color (also from Aramark). They'll give you a revolving account if you ask with Net 30 terms. We used to do the patches on the sleeves, but yeah, started to feel like real tools at the gas station, out in public (almost got in a fight with a landscaper once cuz he said we looked like boy scouts all growed up)

Jay D

Name
Jay D
I worked for a uniform company for 4 years. I started with jeans/shorts and uniform shirts w/logo on sleeve, then polos & shorts, now screened T's and shorts (jeans dec. & Jan). I have been doing it too long cuz my uniform standard has slipped. Always clean cut is the main thing. Everything should be tossed when it looks too worn. Nice clean and comfortable. :wink:

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
i think the important thing is that you are well groomed. We have printed tees as well as polo type shirts with our name on it and i dont notice any different customer response.

Mark

Embroidered polos from Aramark and Khaki cargos or nice jeans and embroidered sweat shirts and jackets in winter

Bob Foster

Another important part is the smile. Some people seem to walk around with a permanent scowl on their mugs.

The things that shouldn't be there are tattoos and piercings. (except if its a vacuum tattoo)

There isn't much you can do with Luddy because that's the way he is.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I've gone from jeans to "work" pants to now wearing a durable black dress pant or black dress short (the dress pant made into shorts)
I started with long sleeve shirts from work wear house store to dressy golf shirts, always embroidered, name on right, logo and company name on left. Currently they are black cotton with red racing checker trim.
Always worm white leather upper court shoes. They're comfortable, durable, and the white indicates clean. Something a coach told me.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Black dickies with a Logo T shirt and a logo poloshirt and a black logo jacket with black suede shoes

Picture347.jpg

Picture344.jpg

asupremeclean

BrianE said:
I like the mechanic style shirts. They don't soil easily or snag/tear like the polos. Automotive workwear.com has a brand called Red Kap that is designed to still look good untucked. Like what UPS drivers wear.

I too use the work shirt from automotiveworkwear.com (Great savings)however the Red Kap pants are less than quality. The fit sucks and the zippers break. (Lesson learned)

I used to buy from Aramark but that got real pricey. Now I am thinking their khaki pants would be worth a try. (Anyone have a testimonial?)

The Dickie's from Fleet Farm are real quality and only $17

Our scheme is Maroon short sleeve work shirt with embroidered logo on left chest. (In the winter we just put a maroon long sleeve shirt under the work shirt.) Also Scotchgard patch on right sleeve. (Does not make you look like a dork it makes you look like a professional. Plus Scotchgard sales is a huge part of our business. The more exposure the better.)

Khaki work pants and comfortable work shorts in summer.
It's hard to find work shorts that look good on every one.

That is all

T

The Magician

Just bought some sharp St John's Bay worry free pants at JC Penny. Cost $36 per pair with 40% off and coupon cost was $17.00 per pair.

Mikey P

Administrator
Carharts or cargo shorts.
Polo or screened T.
Big red bozo shoes and a long drooping dog chain connected to the gum shark in my pocket.

R

R W

Embroidered polos or screened T's. After all, I own an embroidery and screen shop, and can have a shirt for every day of the year.

PM me, and I'll send you a catalog....we can even get "North Face" outer wear, PGA licenced polos, Red Cap outter wear, Tommy Hilfiger, Bayside (made in America), Stormtech......and many other name brands.

Driguy

hypothetically i would want blue Polo, or printer Tee shirt. Dark blue jeans that are loose fit, no logos, white sneakers, an optional baseball cap or beanie with embroidered company logo. I have also toyed with the idea of providing my technicians with stylish jewelery. Nothing says crisp like a technician with a clean cut uniform. well groomed look, with a shiny Fossil wrist watch. I think it would add that certain final touch to the look of a tech.

I prefer technicians to be as comfortable as possible but still look presentable. I have never like the look of dark colored work pants. Khakis are nice, but they get dirty way to fast.

I all ways wondered what people thought of me when i was in their home. At the time i had a white button down work shirt with "mechanic" style iron on name tag and company logo. Tucked into black jeans with black steel toed boots. It was all ways so hot in that uniform. I was constantly sweaty, and generally uncomfortable, and i think it showed to the customer.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
ordered converse with my colors and the word Xtreme on them

R

Ramon Allones

Guayaberra shirts with company logs

shorts nice leather sandals

T

danpauselius

Normally, royal blue button down shirt w/ tan cargo pants, black embroidered columbia jacket, boots and a company ball cap.

But it got so damned cold here that I started wearing a double hunting jacket that's quilted with an insulated hood with long johns and jeans. The company jacket just wasn't cutting the cold enough. Better to be out of uniform than have frost bite.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I used to not like the jeans look either. I think it depends on the market you're in. Jeans on a contractor in Lincoln seems appropriate. You still set yourself apart from most by grooming and a logo'd polo.

Same goes in Phoenix. Shorts seem a bit unprofessional to a lot of people around the country. Show up in pants to work in Phoenix and you pretty much look like a tool.

Different Strokes...

Driguy

You know, I think light blue jeans that look worn out are unprofessional. But a nice pair of Dark blue Levi's look professional. this is a labor trade, i all ways hated wearing the knees, and what not out of my khakis

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom