Websites.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
One full comprehensive huge one covering all your services or a main one with a brief description of all services and 3-4 extra dedicated sites?

Pro's and con's.

Cheers, John

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Burp!

No one willing to share their experience or even they (hopefully) educated opinion on this?

I know Shorty does this with his leather and commercial carpet cleaning etc, I'm wondering about adding a couple of satellite websites targeting specific services verses developing my main site more.

Cheers, John

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I would rather have one website than multiple. The promoting through internet marketing would get complicated, especially with Google. Many make big mistakes when they try to do this, and their places pages end up becoming merged for various reasons. Google can view this as cheating depending on how its messed up/done incorrectly. Can it be done, yes it can be, but takes good planning, and a lot more work on your part, and or more effort on your SEO stuff.

Taking a niche market like ours, and splitting it into an even more specific niche could be pointless. Splitting cleaning and restoration is one thing, but the biggest point I want to make is do some research before you do it. Look to see if that niche is getting searched for in your market. If it isn't popular/highly searched, you would be better off promoting that service with other advertising medias, or as a whole with the rest of your services.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Thanks Steven,

I have a few extra domain names registered, not copies of other businesses, just stuff pertinent to my business or general domains. I was wondering if I should develop their own sites to boost web presence or just put a re direct on them to the relevant page on my main site.

I guess I'll just redirect and leave them be at this stage.

Cheers, John

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
In today's world i would split up different domains over towns/cities and not services. So i would keep adding pages/blogs for additional services for palmerston but create a separate website if you want coverage in another town.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom