Web site critique please

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I'd like some constructive critiques on my web site that I've just been upgrading (much to my mentors horror).

I've still not finished yet, (gotta find some more pics etc;) but I'd like to know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Shorty

www.get.shorty.com.au

PS::: Us Aussies do things a bit different down under, hence a site probably not as "gushy" as what you have in the 'states.

PPS::: This last couple of weeks has been very different, more work has come in via my web site than repeat or referral customers.

Yellow pages is history.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
PS::: Us Aussies do things a bit different down under, hence a site probably not as "gushy" as what you have in the 'states.
The content is very informative, your qualifications list is impressive too.

Not sure if I like that much green. It almost makes it a little too dark. Especially as opposed to your Commercial page that is very bright which is easier on my eyes.

Overall I think you did a great job with it Shorty! 8)

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Brian, thanks, but call me on Skype, it's cheaper. shiteatinggrin
But not in the middle of the night, okay. hey Marty, blow me

Richard, the green is meant to reflect the rainforest environment where I live. :mrgreen:

Most people up here/down under, readily recognise that and many comment favourably on it, both young and old.

Our colors are also green and yellow which, co-incidentally, many Australian sporting teams also use as their colors. Hmmmmmmm. shiteatinggrin

Occasionally I'll get a phone call asking, "Is that that carpet cleaner in the green & yellow van"??

So I guess colors may play a part in gaining business. ??

Many times people will just say, "Hey Shorty, it's so & so" even if I've never met them before, so I make out I know them, so I guess the name also plays a part for many.

Conversely, some have commented that I should tone down my commercial site and add a bit more color. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Our colors for the commercial site, maroon & silver/gray, are also our uniform colors.

Some have also said that women don't like all the black in my leather site, but again many have said it looks sharp and is very easy to navigate.

Others say it represents the dark side of me. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Whatever, this old fart likes that he can add, change or remove text and photos whenever he wants to, without paying some seo to do it for him, and keep changing things until this bloke is happy with what he see's. shiteatinggrin

I have to get into changing some content on each site on a regular basis.

I know I will never please everyone, but I don't care. hey Marty, blow me

Getting feed back of what people like/dislike will help me to make each one better, bit by bit.

It stuff what you blokes add that help us all that want to better our web sites.

I also believe that a carpet cleaner knows what he wants to say and see on a site, whereas an seo wants to do, what they want to do, simple cloning if you like.

AND I'M DIFFERENT !!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
The dark and light gray background colors are more for a law firm type of site. White would brighten it up a bit. Maybe white headings vs the dark green. I like the leaf and your logo. A small image on each page would ad some visual interest.

The cities you service (Cairns and Queensland) are near the bottom. Adding them near the top will help in ranking.

Albert

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom