VLM Confessions

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
VLM on commercial is pretty easy once you get the hang of it. Residential is another story. I have a friend of his has gone all VLM and it has been a learning curve compared to HWE. It's a slower process, starting with a good vacuum. He then pre sprays with an appropriate product and scrubs with a CRB. Then he uses an orbital which may be an Oreck or Challenger for second story work or a Phoenix for ground floor work. It's not faster but it's a lot cheaper than buying and running a truck mount. The commercial work I do with VLM is up to 4 times faster than using a truck mount. Usually gets me $350-$750 per hour compared to $150-$300 per hour with the truck.

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
I called a company that sells that Cimex and he said he had never heard of someone using it for VCT, and wouldn't recommend it.
Good enough for me.
Top pic was using neutral cleaner and SPP pads, the second and the video are of a strip out at a water treatment plant using Betco Extreme stripper and Alligator pads from Excellentsupply. Both jobs used the Cimex Diamond Finisher shown in the video. It’s heavier and spins faster than a CR48 Cimex for carpet.
94C5BF19-F6E4-4165-8E7D-229CB47E5C09.jpeg F843814C-9FF8-48BE-AF25-AF3129DDD14A.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1435.MOV
    6.3 MB
Last edited:

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
Had one today that couldn’t be pad cleaned. Or extracted, as far as I’m concerned.

Rental unit that just had Orkin spray for a roach infestation a week ago. Had a thick layer of oil on every inch of horizontal surface, looked like someone sprayed vegetable oil all over the floor. The chemical smell would take your breath away.

Needless to say, I walked.

No way I’m touching that toxic mess.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom