"UV urine staining" completely vanishes..

Mikey P

Administrator
first time in my 35 years I've seen the UV exposed yellow stains completely go away upon spraying of any product. a years worth of two different dog spots on a one year old 100% PureColor™ Solution Dyed BCF Polyester Filament, probably 40 plus "stains"...

and gone after rinsing too..

Saiger PLyme Stain and Odour Remover(for our Kenadian friends) did the deed.

yes I clean carpet too.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
first time in my 35 years I've seen the UV exposed yellow stains completely go away upon spraying of any product. a years worth of two different dog spots on a one year old 100% PureColor™ Solution Dyed BCF Polyester Filament, probably 40 plus "stains"...

and gone after rinsing too..

Saiger PLyme Stain and Odour Remover(for our Kenadian friends) did the deed.

yes I clean carpet too.
No pics, it didn't happen.

Reactions: Lyman

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
CTI's OS1 is the only one that I have seen mask the stain under a black light. I buy that stuff by the case.

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
I have noticed that the UV flourescent stain on the crappy polys will usually be gone no matter what I use.

Asked and got a few replys saying what I thought already. Same reason they can't be color corrected with dye.

Lamesalegend

I found that polyesters and smart strand don't show urine very well with the UV light. In fact I don't use my uv lights on polys anymore, just can't trust it as much as a moisture probe and my nose. It seems that urine on poly tends to settle at the carpet backing more than on nylons. I figured this out on an apartment that had different carpets in different rooms a few years back. Random urine throughout each room. The UV light showed great on the nylon rooms but only the moisture probe and the nose picked up the urine on the polyester even though each room pretty much had the same number of urine deposits. The poly did show some urine but only on the really bad areas, where the nylon showed every stain clearly.

Lamesalegend

Thats a good point Rick J I never thought about the dye sites. Must be that the uv dye fills the empty dye sites on the nylons, but since polys have no dyes sites the uv doesn't dye it, if that makes since

Mikey P

Administrator
I found that polyesters and smart strand don't show urine very well with the UV light. In fact I don't use my uv lights on polys anymore, just can't trust it as much as a moisture probe and my nose. It seems that urine on poly tends to settle at the carpet backing more than on nylons. I figured this out on an apartment that had different carpets in different rooms a few years back. Random urine throughout each room. The UV light showed great on the nylon rooms but only the moisture probe and the nose picked up the urine on the polyester even though each room pretty much had the same number of urine deposits. The poly did show some urine but only on the really bad areas, where the nylon showed every stain clearly.

all I clean here in NV is Poly. Well, 90% anyways

they glow just fine.

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
hmmm, I've used in my Multi Sprayer and Trigger Sprayer, no clogs
Maybe I got a bad batch. It clogged up my tip on the sprayer and the trigger on the handle broke. I went through 2 of them before I junked the chems

scotty747

I was pretty impressed when I saw the same thing. Especially with no peroxide. Drove back to seattle the same week and stocked up.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I have noticed that the UV flourescent stain on the crappy polys will usually be gone no matter what I use.

Asked and got a few replys saying what I thought already. Same reason they can't be color corrected with dye.
You can dye polyester no problem. It won't strike and will come out next cleaning.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
You can dye polyester no problem. It won't strike and will come out next cleaning.
Soooo, esentially you are painting it?? Using a pigment that coats the fiber , but does not really color it. I have used permanant markers as well for a temp fix. ...
just like crayons or CTI color cosmetics stuff.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom