Travelers Insurance Co.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Anyone else having problems with them. I have never seen anything like what they are pulling. Refusing to pay for Axial fans! Refusing to pay air scrubber on Cat 3 jobs.
anyone else having this problem?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
That is every insurance company out there that has a "iicrc certified" adjuster on staff.

Why do you care, just charge the customer and the customer will charge them, as legally this is the way it is stated in the policy.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
You need to call the adjuster and justify your equipment. I once had to explain to an adjuster why I needed dehumidifiers on a job where 3/4 of a suite was under water.

tres davis

Name
tres
We've had only a handful of travelers in the past year. They were fine to deal with except on one claim they were pretty silly on a really small claim that was very standard. Any of the big ones you can get an adjuster that's just silly on everything. We don't pay for "xyz" etc
But not paying for Axials is funny! So just do centrifugals and add one more ;)

We had one where we had to remove glued down wood. We normally use the wood floor line item for removal the just add labor per hour for the glue. Sometimes it's really easy and the "add for glued down" is overkill and sometimes it's not enough

We had an Allstate adjuster that refused to pay the labor hours and insisted we use line item. It was $700 more dollars for line item

So stupid

HydroDude

Name
JB
I make my xactimate as complete as possible , cover with a brief description of loss, authorization , moisture map on sketch , equipment placement on sketch , pictures with notes and descriptions of what and why equipment was needed, notes of conversations in person, phone or email, daily logs, notes under each line item... make it easy to justify the cost of the loss.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

JonJ

Name
Jon Jasinski
Travelers is a nightmare here. They write their own estimates on the spot and hand the client a check for their amount. When I finally get a copy it's usually half of what I would bill them. They are so low with labor hours it kills me.
Some are great though, you just have to give a little push back. Most people won't and that's what they pray on.
If ever questioned about amount of equipment or anything I copy my response straight from the S500 and I usually get it.

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Back
Top Bottom