Transit wraps, water side

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Thats why you put a whole paragraph on the side of your van? LOL

Actually that is just a few client review snippets to reinforce my USP. The man focus is the graphic and company name. There is also more on the back because they are easily read by those behind me.
vanpicrear_zpsb04b7676.jpg

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Dave, i agree parked in a customers driveway this can be very effective but only 5-10 people will see it.

The problem is you passed by 5,000 people driving around all day who did not see it.

Like anything else in marketing you first have to define the goal, tom is thinking about the 10's of thousands of people we pass by each month and what is the most effective way to reach them in 3 seconds.
You guys are speaking different languages...

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
That is why I have the sides, to do the 2 second ad. I tried to compromise. But also wanted a USP. Remember quantity can be trumped by quality. The few that see it in the driveway. If they are neighbors and friends of the client. Can be more valuable than the thousands that see it at a glance while driving. Just like being introduced to a prospects from existing friends. Can be more productive than dropping thousands of flyers randomly. (BTW: this wrap looks much better and more clear in person. I get calls just driving down the street)

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
This is pretty hackish but it's just for discussion.

Using Tom's minimalist theory do you feel the logo still gets lost now? I'm not sure what colors on the fonts, I'll leave that to Wayne Miller so no need to bust my nutz on the colors.

The two messages:
24-Hours Service
Disasters happen, call Chavez

Revised2Transitfile_zps7023f9c6.jpg

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Make the picture bigger, Drop his elbow to the bottom of the copy you have now. The coffee cup almost to the tail light (Crop slightly )Have your copy (Disaster happens... ) From near top of wheel well to the other. Shorten it to Disaster Happens.... call Chavez, In a easy to read flowing font. Website- lower from wheel to wheel. with a background behind it. 24 hour- small badge on the front clip ahead of wheel. ( Was also thinking as an other alternative. You could flip the photo and put the logo in the lightened area in the corner of the photo. Then you could lose that blue behind the logo.) BTW: that photo doesn't seem to say disaster to me. Can't you find a panicked person and water dripping and standing? He looks very relaxed at first glance.

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Dave
Thanks for the suggestions, I think Wayne had the original cut that way. I did still the blue behind the logo so it could be viewed better and I'd leave that up to Wayne as to how he can best do it.

I was really just wondering if everyone felt it accomplished both goals of being a wrap yet still keeping the corporate identity.

Dave there are three Transits, each with a different graphic. Is this one is more of what you were looking for?

Revised3Transitfile_zps6e5bc4fc.jpg

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Dave
Thanks for the suggestions, I think Wayne had the original cut that way. I did still the blue behind the logo so it could be viewed better and I'd leave that up to Wayne as to how he can best do it.

I was really just wondering if everyone felt it accomplished both goals of being a wrap yet still keeping the corporate identity.

Dave there are three Transits, each with a different graphic. Is this one is more of what you were looking for?

Revised3Transitfile_zps6e5bc4fc.jpg

I hate the photo. There is so much background in the photo I know what the inside of a house looks like.

Richard your logo is awesome. Did you hear me AWESOME!

Stop mucking it up.

This is who you are Chavez Restoration and Cleaning. The photo is a distraction. If you where to use a photo you need it to be cut out. The main image should speak for it self with the emotion of the moment.

Why do you still keep going to photos of men. Something we should know?

I would want a picture of a women or kids. Restoration is about simpathy. How can this be happening to these nice people. Someone needs to help them.

The answer SUPER Chavez!!!!

You did get it down to 11 words and objects. Keep trying!

How about
Chavez your friends in a disaster
Chavez there when you need a hand
Chavez getting you back to normal
Chavez protecting your family
Chavez like the crisis never happened

Where is the phone number?

Run that domain name across the bottom of the truck under the doors.

The logo on the door is to busy. Get them to do something simple that makes the 24 hour jump. That piece of art is really weak.

Go for this
Chavez Restoration and Cleaning
tag line 3-4 words if you must.
phone #
domain
GOOD photo!

This is your truck not your next post card.

you have this awesome business hone in on what you do well.

I like the other trucks I have seen in photos. Good or Bad people in your community already know those trucks. Stay with it.

Just my opinion. lots of strong comments here would love to let you loose on what we have done here in Indy. Could use the help sometime.

If it was my truck I would drop the photo blow that logo up so it runs off the truck top to bottom.
Fire a domain name under the doors and a phone number under the passenger window seam to seam on the door.

A rule in design is to use white space to allow your image or message to be heard.
Your white space is the color of your trucks.
Your message is your name and what you do.
Your hope they remember restoration and your phone number.

Send me your logo and the picture. I will give you a design idea. tomking@sani-bright.com
I need them seperate so i can do them in CS6. I will send you a PDF

These are small trucks the text needs to be big!!!

Last edited:

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Well I think we may be mixing our messages. Tom says UPS has no picture, Stanley has no picture but they own a color as does UPS and have spent millions achieving that. Ken owns purple but it has taken a long time and a lot of years.I think what may be the issue with the wrap for Richard is he is trying to put too much on it for the size. After all McDonalds certainly wraps their semis and so do most other large companies, but they have plenty of room.

Tom you certainly have pictures on your trucks but they are your branded pictures which are on all of your literature. I don't think pictures are the problem. It is which picture and can it express the message properly.

I humbly could not disagree more when we are talking building your brand.
A picture is not enough.

I can not think of one national brand that uses a picture alone to define their brand.

Yesterday, I saw 2 red trucks with the Coca Cola logo only on the sides and back. Those two trucks stuck out in traffic. No picture
I saw 4 UPS trucks turning the corner just brown vans with a small logo. No picture
I saw 2 Enterpirse rental vans. White vans and just a small Logo.
I saw 5 yellow vans with just a logo. Stanley Steemer

Gentelmen Can I humbly ask a question.

Why are all these large companies not changing their fleets to busy wraps with picture backgrounds? Oh and dont forget 50 or more words imprinted all over the van in 1 inch lettering.

Because the human mind can not focus on so many things. Advertising is about imprinting an concept, image ( your logo) or statement in your mind over and over.

If you buy media the number one thing they sell you on is impressions. How many impressions do you get?

We are all small operators on this board even the largest of us in comparison to national brands. We can not aford to let our impressions from people seeing our trucks, our ads, our materials be confusing and inconsistant.

Good or bad pick a simple design and stay with it for a long long time.

I think we would all agree. Stanley and Chem Dry are not the best logos or designs but the long term consistancy they have had has placed them at #1 and #2 in most everyones market. There are only 2 people on this board that I know of the might be beating or rivaling them.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
View attachment 1574

Here is what I would do. These vans are almost to small to use a picture my opinion.

I could not get the right color to fill on this so i went black. I think you can see what a dark color and your logo would look like.

This is close to what you have on all the big trucks. i would think you would want to move to this logo on the older stuff. It is a nice modernization of your older look.

Prudential Insurance did this over the years refining the rock.

This is just a quick shot. One of my guys was in an accident. Got to go to the office and get him to his crew for the night. Love being the owner.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Thanks for your time Tom!

I like it, we had a large Chavez on our Prius's before we switched to the Transits.

I'll show Dan and see what he thinks.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
One question, will people now think its the same vehicle where if they were different images they MIGHT get to see three different vehicles?

Last edited by a moderator:

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
One question, will people now think its the same vehicle where if they were different images they MIGHT get to see three different vehicles?

Richard that is the point I think. They will always see the same brand.

When we started we had one truck and people would say I see your truck all the time. I just laughed. With three of them they will think they everywhere.

I would think you will look much bigger. Your company that is. LOL

Also if your two blue vans are the right color your can just use regular lettering and just wrap the white van to change the color. That would save some money

I would also lay the logo on the hood as large as possible.
What about the roof? It looks like you do some pretty big buildings.
When you are downtown and people see your vans from above they will also see your logo. I think that would be cool.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Connor

Name
Connor

Nobody GAS about how many vehicles you have or are going to be checking to see if the sides are all the same. Don't over think this. If the image isn't evident and easy to understand in a few seconds, then the opportunity to impress is gone, you don't get a second glance. K.I.S.S.

I can't believe they pay you to do things and you ask MB for advice ATDT. Did your dad tell Dan to "take care of Rich, he's a dumbass" ?

You catch your brother wearing a sequin gown or something? Is that why he doesn't cut you loose, coconut? I'd kick your donut eating ass to the curb and spend the money on some professional marketing help. When you sleep at your desk, do you put a towel down to catch the drool?

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Connor

Name
Connor
Oh, no, today was a pretty good day. Richard is just a dumbass.

Back
Top Bottom