This customer...

mike r

Name
Michael Ramsey
Once heard a carpet cleaner say "the day you see United Way plastered on our truck....." Pretty much sums it up.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Our minimum is $80, we increase it to $120 during October - December since we are booked over 2 weeks in advance sometimes. 10 days out from the Holiday, this goes up to $150 min. Our first year, we were booked up with all 2 room jobs because people wanted just their living room/dining room looking good for company. We have learned that lesson, money lost for sure that first year during that time. I was kicking myself when we would get calls for bigger jobs. Some of the small ones I did move around or cancel to get in the larger jobs, but that was a pain in the ass.

steve_64

maybe im too nice but, i often do small spotting jobs for $25. hek i still do freebies.
i dont have employees and im not a good business man in many aspects. but i make a good living and i feel sorry for people way to often.
fortunately i dont have the problems many of you have neither.
i rarely feel disrespected or taken advantage of. in fact i feel quite the opposite.
i wouldnt trade how i do things for more money. life is good to me these days and ive worked hard for that.

mike r

Name
Michael Ramsey
We have 0 problems in our business and look forward to work everyday. I'll never retire. I love this work! Steve, I'm sure all of us have done favors at some point but people will take advantage of you. If you do freebies because you want to...fine. My mother gets her carpets cleaned for free and that's it. I don't know what your family life is but this is my job and how I support mine. If we all did a lot of work for free or at below market value we would be doing our families a great disservice. Analogy.....doing some ones house for free is not really free it is costing you. It would be the equivalent of sitting in a persons office, they are not getting paid during this time and additionally they reach in their wallet and hand you cash. Ridiculous as this sounds this is how you are operating when you do freebies. There is nothing wrong for being fairly compensated for your services. We are professionals!

Reactions: ruff

Brian H

Name
Brian H
We do discounted jobs and/or freebies every now and then. We ARE taken advantage of some of those times too. The other times though, we are greatly appreciated and the goodwill generated goes a long way to making cheerleaders.

Reactions: steve_64

mike r

Name
Michael Ramsey
Maybe we do small freebies more than I realize. Just finished a restaurant a couple hours ago and one of the owners asked if we could get some coffee stains out of his Mercedes $500. seat covers. Took 10 minutes and of course no charge. Brian you're right. A little goodwill goes a long way.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
We do discounted jobs and/or freebies every now and then. We ARE taken advantage of some of those times too. The other times though, we are greatly appreciated and the goodwill generated goes a long way to making cheerleaders.

:icon_redface:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Ofer I am my own man. I DON'T have to listen a thing she says!:evil:

Thats right! I choose to do what she tells me because ultimately its good for me. At least that's what I'm told.
:biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom