The story behind your company name...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've always liked it Dirk. The blue monarch is really cool!

Hey thanks for Tony's email, I did get a hold of him and he's making be some club cards.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Just walked around a "high end" supermarket here looking for names/words/ideas. Came across a cool company called method.

Unfortunately i have not spent time/money to create a usp and create a really cool theme YET. We ended up being far more commercial then my original plan but i still have 20 more years of this craziness, eventually ...

rhyde

Name
rhyde
in the 1990's people where talking about the "Renaissance in rug weaving" .. going back to natural dyes, hand spun wool's, village weaving and such
seemed like a nice fit

Soxpac

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Hey Dan, why don't you use the shape of the lake for a logo like everyone else does around there.

Because I'm not everyone else lol Got one in progress actually. A logo that is..

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Carpet Geek....
I got some new glasses before I started my business. My wife said I look like a Geek with them. I thought that would be a good name.
People do not forget it. I've had people tell me that their friend used me and they remembered my name. I ask them what friend it was and they can't remember, but they remembered my name.:headbang:
My logo has the typical Carpet font that Carpeteria used back in the day. And the Geek was done with digital letters.

The only regret I have is that it makes my customers call and say this: "I know this is a weird question, but my computer is doing this..... can you help with this?" If I can, I will.

7BC09948-225C-4EF5-A36D-96DC71FD73F2-12948-0000120458398F8F.jpg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Charlie thats a cool name I like it's catchy. I'd upgrade your logo though, pay a couple of hundred to make it look better and maybe incorporate a carpet cleaning image in there. Great name!

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Do you do the white shirt, Tie (Bow or skinny) And pocket protector to carry on the Geek theme? (The white tape on glasses might a little over the top though.) You could put a small razor knife, small inspection scope and bone scraper in the pocket protector. I still see cleaners using that picture of a guy cleaning with a tie on webpages.http://www.eastsidecarpetcleaning.net/image/2217468.jpeg

Last edited:

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Do you do the white shirt, Tie (Bow or skinny) And pocket protector to carry on the Geek theme? (The white tape on glasses might a little over the top though.) You could put a small razor knife, small inspection scope and bone scraper in the pocket protector. I still see cleaners using that picture of a guy cleaning with a tie on webpages.

No, good idea. But no.
I used to get asked a bunch of questions about it when I was new. But now, the truck gets seen around a lot and people know who I am.

I might someday upgrade the logo. The one I posted is just the outline they use to stitch my shirts. It comes out real nice. I've been happy with it.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
A wrap with a very large graphic of a guy with a magnifying glass looking for spots might be fun and convey a rememberable message rapidly. He could look a bit geeky. So, you wouldn't have to.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ken Snow
Name
I'm Rick James
The name of my company is go green. My kids mom thought of it and since green cleaning is huge here it seemed like a no brainer. This June will be my 5th year and have a good established business.. I even am getting the Jeopardy record holder to endorse my company in the coming weeks. I have gotten some huge jobs because I am green, the last one was $4800 for 10 hrs worth of work.

I do think the name is limiting in some regards and don't think it would work in other parts of the country. I was going to change my name to Kabluey a few years ago, but I just turned it into my private label spotter.. Kabluey.

Name
Jesse
We went with J2 Clean because it was simple, unassuming, different, and could be used for any of the different services we offer/plan to offer. Initially we wanted to be 1st alphabetically but after looking at the others that were already doing that like AAA Aardvark we went a different route. The logo was our favorite choice from several home made drawings but relates to cleaning in no way.
J2%20Logo%20swoosh%20w%20%20phone.jpg

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
If I was you I'd rethink the logo. Why the section of highway and a j that could be a t or a squiggle?

Mikey P

Administrator
yeah? did you get out and enjoy the American Way Of Life today?

I sure did, faggy french name and all.

5 hours on the MTB ripping blissful single track ion the redwoods..

attachment.php

Rob Lyon

Name
Rob Lyon
Clean Force One, where else but the jet!!

My only concern was when we went full into restoration work 5 years ago the clean name being associated with carpets, tile, ect, but one of the customers we did a flood for clearly pointed out to me that "arent you cleaning up the flood" so even when we concidered changing it to Dry Force One " which really would have sucked because we do fires as well" we stayed with it , so long winded answer NO never regreated it!!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
yeah? did you get out and enjoy the American Way Of Life today?

I sure did, faggy french name and all.

5 hours on the MTB ripping blissful single track ion the redwoods..

attachment.php

WTH did you find that odd shaped helmet that fit yor noggin................:icon_razz:

tmiklethun

Name
Travis Miklethun
It started out as Integrity Carpet Cleaning. I wanted to build my company based on Integrity so i figured what the hell. Later when I got into tile and stone I got a DBA Integrity Cleaning Systems.

It was the first name I came up with since then I considered the name Call 2 Action Cleaning. The 2 action would actually be a vanity phone number and I even thought about a mild military theme for the company, former Marine. I am just not sure that a military theme would be great with our target client. I could even called one of packages "Shock and Awe"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom