The most wasted space setup in a tm/van is

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I'm thinking it's either Butler or Stanley, and I think Stanley is the winner of the two with the machine in the worst place and the vacuum hose reel being very wide and low, wasting ground and air space.

Another reason I'm considering getting a Fox setup on my next purchase. They're smart enough to avoid needing the wasting space of the 100gallon recovery tank by putting that cost of a recovery tank into a good APO setup. BRILLIANT!

Mike...can you get Fox to come on here and show some info about their units? They're struggling on the web with websites and videos. Or did you burn a bridge with them in the past? I know they're in your neighborhood over there

Mikey P

Administrator
It's Sunday can we talk about something more interesting, like how not to screw up on a quad ride..

FredC

Village Idiot
I think what you are missing is that both are designed as a “system”. Both are well designed imo for the intended purpose which is to clean carpet…not carry your suppliers warehouse with you

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I think what you are missing is that both are designed as a “system”. Both are well designed imo for the intended purpose which is to clean carpet…not carry your suppliers warehouse with you
Oh that's good. Keep the operator limited on their services so they can't expand. Good job butler and Stanley. You succeeded

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
I'm thinking it's either Butler or Stanley, and I think Stanley is the winner of the two with the machine in the worst place and the vacuum hose reel being very wide and low, wasting ground and air space.

Another reason I'm considering getting a Fox setup on my next purchase. They're smart enough to avoid needing the wasting space of the 100gallon recovery tank by putting that cost of a recovery tank into a good APO setup. BRILLIANT!

Mike...can you get Fox to come on here and show some info about their units? They're struggling on the web with websites and videos. Or did you burn a bridge with them in the past? I know they're in your neighborhood over there
There is a local SS employee that wants to buy my business. He loves my O/O setup.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
Discounted and no shipping...

But I don't know if that would make up for the cost of driving all the way to Middle Texas
Yea probably not, but it's a sweet offer anyway, thank you! If I get my biz and life in better order before then it would be a good excuse for a fun road trip anyway

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Bundle 50'lengths with two velcro straps and hang on walls.Carry in as needed per job. Reels are tremendous loss of space.Takes little time to manually coil 2" vac hose into 30" diam
Yes you can do that. But with the impossibility of knowing what every job consists of from just a phone call, it's better to carry the needed amount of hoses all the time. And when you have those 2to3 extra sets of 50ft vac hoses hanging in the back of the van, it's wasting more space.

And have you seen the hose reels that's being produced today? You can taller, narrow reels, or reels that hang from the top of the van in the back to be able to use the floor space, etc. I just see all these pics of the butler setups and there's very little space to store anything besides a 10"crb and maybe a few fans.

If Hydramaster and Butler put their two designs into one (Butler stainless steel tanks, and higher quality components, and Hydramaster layout of blower and water pump between front seats and tank behind the seats), it would be the best direct drive setup and would probably be better than any slide in as well

Reactions: Rob Grady

they live

Name
Steve
Yes you can do that. But with the impossibility of knowing what every job consists of from just a phone call, it's better to carry the needed amount of hoses all the time. And when you have those 2to3 extra sets of 50ft vac hoses hanging in the back of the van, it's wasting more space.

And have you seen the hose reels that's being produced today? You can taller, narrow reels, or reels that hang from the top of the van in the back to be able to use the floor space, etc. I just see all these pics of the butler setups and there's very little space to store anything besides a 10"crb and maybe a few fans.

If Hydramaster and Butler put their two designs into one (Butler stainless steel tanks, and higher quality components, and Hydramaster layout of blower and water pump between front seats and tank behind the seats), it would be the best direct drive setup and would probably be better than any slide in as well
The white magic was a great design imo. The butler is OK. I don't use a buffer to much anymore and just a handful of gallon jugs and containers. I carry 3 bags. Upholstery tool rock crusher and spotter. A 10 in crb and that barely gets used and proteam vac. Extra wand a floor tool stair tool extra vac hose because I only like a 100 ft on the reel because I pull it all off every job. Most jobs it's all I need. The butler I got from hagopian has been a great deal for me. Really like the heat. Thanks again Brian.

Reactions: hogjowl

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom