Taxes all done?

hogjowl

Idiot™
I have a new accountant. My long time accountant left the firm I’ve used for decades so I left them to go with a new CPA fresh out of college. She looks like one of my granddaughters. She’s had my books for a month and I’ve heard nothing. I expect her to call me Monday and charge me for an extension. It will be an interesting conversation.

Mikey P

Administrator
I have a new accountant. My long time accountant left the firm I’ve used for decades so I left them to go with a new CPA fresh out of college. She looks like one of my granddaughters. She’s had my books for a month and I’ve heard nothing. I expect her to call me Monday and charge me for an extension. It will be an interesting conversation.

Is a 1.5 truck operation that complicated or are you vested in crypto, have rentals and make mysterious income off the black web?

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
I just finished and filed the other day. Glad to be finished. I just sit at the computer and do the Turbo Tax program until I have a splitting headache. After several of those sessions over the course of two weeks, it’s finished.

I’m a major procrastinator, I admit it.

The worst part, to me, isn’t the money owed. It’s the intrusion into our personal/financial lives. I just don’t think any of this is anyone else’s business. It’s disgusting. Financial voyeurism. And I don’t consent to any of it, but I check the little boxes saying I do. Under duress from fear of the law and bureaucracy.

There has to be a better way of funding the government. Flat tax? Trade tax? Tariffs?

Reactions: Bryce C

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
I just finished and filed the other day. Glad to be finished. I just sit at the computer and do the Turbo Tax program until I have a splitting headache. After several of those sessions over the course of two weeks, it’s finished.

I’m a major procrastinator, I admit it.

The worst part, to me, isn’t the money owed. It’s the intrusion into our personal/financial lives. I just don’t think any of this is anyone else’s business. It’s disgusting. Financial voyeurism. And I don’t consent to any of it, but I check the little boxes saying I do. Under duress from fear of the law and bureaucracy.

There has to be a better way of funding the government. Flat tax? Trade tax? Tariffs?
I go through the same process and have similar feelings. Some of my friends know way more about this than I do, however it seems to me that sales tax and trade taxes could sustain the entire bloated and corrupt government system.

I have no problem paying my share to keep the roads in order, hospitals open to all for emergency services, etc... It's the endless unnecessary war, mass murdering of children, and subsidization of things like industrial agriculture, and more like it that I find to be evil and wish my tax dollars didn't contribute to.

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
I go through the same process and have similar feelings. Some of my friends know way more about this than I do, however it seems to me that sales tax and trade taxes could sustain the entire bloated and corrupt government system.

I have no problem paying my share to keep the roads in order, hospitals open to all for emergency services, etc... It's the endless unnecessary war, mass murdering of children, and subsidization of things like industrial agriculture, and more like it that I find to be evil and wish my tax dollars didn't contribute to.
Yeah, there has to be a better way. Especially when you consider the technology and information we have now.

I think everything is long overdue for an overhaul. The way things are going are just no longer acceptable. Tax and budget wise. The industrial and war stuff you mentioned as well. I think reasonable people on both sides of the aisle would agree.

Reactions: Bryce C

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
CPA files our extension more because he can’t get it out even though Diana is a little behind. He certainly don’t charge for the extension! Our year end corporate and personal is probably $700 for both. Our 2nd quarter corporate is messed up and he couldn’t fix it until after the deadline. Thats why we switched to Paycom for payroll reporting in lieu of him. In the past that would AMP me up, but no more.

sassyotto

Name
Paul
I use quickbooks for bookeeping and sent info from that to CPA $800

Still procrastinate. Got it in early this year. March 28 I think.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
My business income is pretty steady every year but other things like selling homes always jacks up my total income in the end. I had 85k in personal write off from paying cash for new van and machine last year, so I netted maybe 3500.00. I use a local CPA. Next year won’t be pretty either.

Reactions: Nomad74 and Mikey P

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
As I was reading this my tax preparer at 11pm sunday night is sending me a pdf file with revision 3 of my taxes.
Hope this is the final one.
Well, revision 3 had all the omissions and corrections added to it
but all I can say is YOUCH.
It did however come in 25k under what I had estimated but still over 100k for state and fed with underpayment penalties and not including any self employment taxes.
So I got a little lunch money left and maybe a good bottle of bourbon for tomorrows check writing party.

FredC

Village Idiot
$1100 in NV
for:
MB
MF
GG
CCU
VG(wife's)

all of mine is on QB..

You know you are supposed to send out 1099s by Jan 31st? And update/verify WHO you are sending them to each year as the info may have (HAS) changed...

• Wow
Reactions: Mikey P

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Filing late, having crypto, and buying an expensive car with cash-- all red flags to the tax man-- good luck
IMG_6427.jpeg

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Let us know how that turns out

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I speak from experience. TAX MAN came to my house for a full exam and all, Practically including a rectal exam. :eekk:
The examiner said that filing late and not having a pro do my taxes were what triggered the exam. That's all I'm going to disclose on a public forum. 😱😂
Probably all the trips to Thailand with sparkly jeans.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Mine doing what she does! In fact, she was on the line with QuikBooks who was charging $699 for payroll service and we switched to Paycom last year. 73 and still
and no retirement in sight

IMG_3198.jpeg

Reactions: SamIam

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom