Steve Toburen and SFS....

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Warning: Somewhat long-winded....

Wow, talk about customer service. Now, anybody who spends any amount of time getting to know me knows one thing: I am not good for any sort of money right now or any time soon.

Reasons:

I am broke

I don't even own the business I am building right now

The person who owns the business spends money on equipment and people, not ideas or marketing or print etc.

To sum it up; I am not the customer, I am just the PITA buffer between the distributor or marketing system salesman and the customer.

Knowing this, nobody looking for a buck is going to waste any time with me.

Steve probably knows this too. He still kept an email correspondence going, looked over my estimate sheet, helped wherever he could. He gave me free Jon-Don scripts, and offered to send a DVD.

When I responded that I was interested in the DVD, he had it put in the mail the very next day. When it got lost in the mail, he shipped another one, U.P.S. to my front door.

What is his return on investment? If I attend the Jon Don, it won't be for at least another year if I do it with this company. If for some reason I start my own, it won't be something I do right away, then he's looking at 3, 4, or 5 years....

I think it's simple to see what his motivation is. It's not the dollar. He's just a good guy, and he cares enough to help a PITA like me.

Food for thought for anybody considering Jon-Don, or anyone who thinks Steve is just "selling something".

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
That is why the hooking up of Steve and JonDon, along with Chuck Violand and Bill Yeadn is such a nice marriage. First class people, and as business people they take the long view.

Ken

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Gary
Don't wait till you can afford it, (we're not talking about refinancing your life for a big truck) beg, barrow.... steal? No, but make it a priority to go to SFS. The longer you wait the longer you hold yourself back.

Some of the information you receive maybe what you need to get you over the hump. The class is cheap in comparison to the value you receive! Then it's up to you to implement what they've taught you.

Mikey P

Administrator
Did one of you jerks offend Steve?

I have not seen him here in a while..

Brevick, if I find out that you sent him on a wild goose chase or sent him a some R rated movies, you're history.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Toburen

Steve is back in the DR and doing a lot of volunteer work in between his trips to the states. He spent much of the winter in the States due to several SFS classes and ill in laws.

He will be back for 2 SFS and he is speaking at Connections in the fall.

Bob Foster

You know I have come to understand that T loves to put it out but he can also take it. I keep reading his posts in the hopes that I will hit the one of his posts out of 20 where he actually has something informative to say.

Pick up the phone and you will talk to a different person than you read on the board. Like some of us here he loves to push his luck.

dallasdj

I consider him useless, he never has anything to contribute but sarcasm that only he thinks is funny.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Nope, not offended, Mike, just super busy. Much as I wish I was back in the Dominican Republic I've spent the last six weeks in the States working 16 hours a day renovating a house for my 83 year old in-laws.

Demolition, drywall, wiring, plumbing, ceramic tile, new cabinets, granite counter tops, painting, trim, new deck, several new windows and yesterday I did something I haven't done in 20-plus years- laid carpet! And this 54 year old body is feeling every bit its age!

Gary, it was (and is) a pleasure to help you. Both Jon-Don and I will help any fellow cleaner any way we can irregardless of how much they spend with us or even how much they MIGHT spend. It is the old "throw your bread on the waters" principle. It has worked well for Jon-Don for almost thirty years.

However, Gary, I would listen carefully to what Richard is saying above. SFS has been a "transformational experience" for almost 2,000 carpet cleaners. Watch your DVD now that we FINALLY got it to you! (If anyone else wants this DVD on SFS management concepts just e-mail me at stoburen@homefrontsuccess.com and I'll send you one free. I think the DVD is pretty good but then I would say that since I star in it!)

Thanks everybody for missing me.

Steve

PS Don't pull the plug on T on my account, Mikey. I've been picked on by some really nasty experts (BTW, where is Sutley anyway?) and Odin isn't remotely there just yet. However, I do give Terry points for trying really hard to be the most spiteful and obnoxious person on this board.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Whoops, Jimmy. I guess my post above should have said:

"Both Jon-Don and I will help MOST fellow cleaners any way we can irregardless of how much they spend with us or even how much they MIGHT spend."

Seriously, did you receive my followup e-mail with the Special Report attached?

Steve Toburen CR
Director of Training
Jon-Don's Strategies for Success

PS The 13 page Report I sent Jimmy (twice) is one of the most important ones I have ever written. It is called "Upselling on the Home Front" and focuses on a myriad of ways on how to sell Scotchgard and other carpet protectors to the home owner. This is a huge lost opportunity within our industry as the vast majority of carpet cleaners do a pretty bad job of selling protector. It has a special section on how to both motivate and train your employees.

If anyone (even Odin) wants a free copy e-mailed to them just write me at stoburen@homefrontsuccess.com If you don't have my free DVD include your mailing address.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I must of forgot about those.

I thought maybe you were avoiding me because I make fun of your religion!

But I did place an order from Jon-Don today!

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
It is an incredible report and imo essential for any company that does not have a 70% closing rate or better on topical treatments. It is money being left on the table for good product.

Ken

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
sfs is worth the trip and more$$$

Attended SFS in Chicago at end of January.
From Chuck Violand on Monday making you aware of the proper way to look at finances, Bill Yeedon on Tuesday getting us all thinking and involved in advertising/marketing to Steve Toburen awakening our senses to being a sharper, more efficient and more profitable business.
You'll be treated like family by Nick, John, Angela, Parthavi, Tina etc.
Now that the colts finally won a game that meant anything Bill will be more than Gloating:)
I'm a neighbour and fan of the Patriots so hopefully this year the Colts will be put back in their regular place:)

Renovate before you Innovate is one of favorite lines from the week. I've made many changes since the end of January but it'll be about another 9 months to a year to accomplish all that I picked up from SFS. It's a blueprint for success that you'll have to direct when you come home.
I've found the customer survey (wow) to be very rewarding in getting both the customer and my employees and myself looking for excellence at all times.
Please go there with an open mind to change.

I think all of you going this fall will have a similar outlook afterwards.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom