State-by-State Cleaning Industry Statistics

FredC

Village Idiot
No need to access any of your invoices......

Aren't you able to see your average invoice in SM?

Also I doubt the CC#s are stored in the way/place you think they are.

Last edited:
Reactions: jkowalski

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
I don't want my account accessed as they please..

If you review your terms of agreement with them, I'd bet that there is something in there that says they have access to the data and may use it. You may not have expressly given your permission/consent, but these kinds of things are usually part of an agreement with a company that does this. Just look at what Facebook does and how it tracks things. I search for an item on Google and suddenly ads for it pop up all over my Facebook account. It's part of using the Facebook platform, they can access your data,a and you agree to that by using it. . I'd review the terms of the agreement with SM before you go all guns a blazing.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I search for an item on Google and suddenly ads for it pop up all over my Facebook account. It's part of using the Facebook platform, they can access your data,a and you agree to that by using it. .
Its called Re-Marketing or Re-Targeting, you're given a pixel and as you browse the internet then various sites you see the ad's. It can be an effective marketing tool. Just a little pricey.

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
No records were accessed to get this info. The query is a sum total off all data. It's an aggregate. We take security VERY seriously. Especially in light of the fact that other companies are using cleaners data (that they import) to market to your clients.

Tue only redone we access your company data directly is when we are supporting you. Period.

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
I will look into the cc issue. This is the first time in 12 years that accusation has been made. All cc are stored ENCRYPTED. I'm a security expert and a pull form our database (even when hacked) is not possible.

The only way this could have happened is if one of my agents took the info over the phone, then used it. If that's the case, they will he fired and charged to the fullest extent of the law.

Where was the charge(s) from again? What to you mean by, my home town?

Also, why did I hear it here and not a phone call? The correct approach would be to contact us, escalate it and have us do some research, which ill be doing on Monday believe me.

Reactions: hogjowl

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
Additionally, our TOS protect your data. Read it. The only time we access your data (as the TOS outlines) is for support, troubleshooting, and aggregation. This allows us to tune the system and track usage make ServiceMonster better.

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
TOS snippet

6. Consumer Information and Privacy

6.1 Privacy. The use of this service does not entitle, in whole or in part the sale or distribution of your Content by Principal Focus to another person, company or entity. It may be necessary, however, for a Service technician to access your Content to resolve any problems you, or others, may encounter. Principal Focus reserves the right to obtain summary information to better support our members in the future."

Able 1

Name
Keith
As interesting as the numbers are they don't mean much at all. . At the price of the postcards I would say you are getting mostly a sample of guys that have higher tickets in general, not a good sample of a specific state.

SM has helped my business a ton though!

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
Post cards? FMS is not post card but I didn't limit the query to FMS users.

$280,000,000 is a good sample size.

Now if you saying people who use ServiceMonster have a better ticket average than someone who isn't, I can get onboard with that!!

:-)

Reactions: Able 1

Mikey P

Administrator
Joe will you be performing Vulcan mind meld Gestalt therapy tricks on the audience to persuade us to reveal our P and L's during this coming Wednesday's MBWebinar?

Name
I'm Rick James
I will look into the cc issue. This is the first time in 12 years that accusation has been made. All cc are stored ENCRYPTED. I'm a security expert and a pull form our database (even when hacked) is not possible.

The only way this could have happened is if one of my agents took the info over the phone, then used it. If that's the case, they will he fired and charged to the fullest extent of the law.

Where was the charge(s) from again? What to you mean by, my home town?

Also, why did I hear it here and not a phone call? The correct approach would be to contact us, escalate it and have us do some research, which ill be doing on Monday believe me.

Good to hear.. the card number was stolen and used on a dummy card that they tried to charge at the Bellingham Home Depot twice and Walgreens twice. My bank said that someone got a hold of my number and imprinted it on the dummy card. The card is new and only a few places have it on file, it could have been stolen at the gas pump too as Fred pointed out. After reading up about it, its becoming more common to have card numbers stolen from the actual pump so its a good warning to us all.

I doubt service monster had anything to do with the number being stolen, especially if no one else is reporting it, it was just a coincidence it was used where SM is based out of.

Name
I'm Rick James
No records were accessed to get this info. The query is a sum total off all data. It's an aggregate. We take security VERY seriously. Especially in light of the fact that other companies are using cleaners data (that they import) to market to your clients.

Tue only redone we access your company data directly is when we are supporting you. Period.

Are you talking about House Call Pro using our database to market their sister app they use?

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
I won't comment directly against a competitor. I have seen several companies employ this tactic. Info can be found online and through fellow cleaners.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom