State-by-State Cleaning Industry Statistics

Mikey P

Administrator
heatmap-sm.jpg

Do you ever wonder how your business compares to other cleaning businesses around the country?

Well, we recently put together this map demonstrating the average residential cleaning invoice total by state for the year 2014 (click here to view a larger version of the map) . Now you can see what the average invoices for residential cleaning services are in your state, as well as around the country! Check out the list below to see how you fare:

State Average
RI $403.07
ND $352.91
MA $341.91
MD $324.93
VT $320.28
IA $299.14
CO $293.05
NY $291.97
NJ $289.56
ME $284.46
IN $284.42
VA $278.81
AK $278.44
ID $271.70
NM $271.28
IL $270.38
TN $267.06
WY $266.83
CT $260.80
NE $257.46
FL $256.44
NH $255.87
PA $254.80
WA $252.83
CA $249.83
AR $249.32
GA $248.40
TX $246.00
WI $242.67
KS $237.58
AL $235.25
MO $231.56
MN $229.98
MI $229.44
NC $225.32
KY $225.15
MS $221.64
MT $218.38
OR $215.76
AZ $215.63
OH $215.43
OK $214.67
NV $207.09
WV $203.38
UT $200.15
SC $199.42
LA $197.77
DE $197.55
HI $196.17
SD $194.14
How is the data calculated?
These statistics are based on the average invoice totals of US-based ServiceMonster users over the course of 2014. We removed all invoices that were marked as commercial, and we removed all invoices that were under $50 or over $1500 total. The reason for this is that an invoice under $50 is most likely to be for a single product instead of a cleaning service, and an invoice over $1500 is more likely to include restoration services.

How big was the sample size?
Although we can’t tell you exactly how many ServiceMonster users there are (sorry competitors!), we can tell you that our users collectively processed over $280 million last year alone. How’s that for a sample?

Why publish this data?
Because we love cleaners, and we want to help you get to know your business! That’s what business software is all about: keeping track of your numbers and making better decisions based on the data. If you are not a ServiceMonster user and your invoice totals don’t match up to the average for your state, maybe you should try asking some of our users what their secret is! Or better yet, try a free demo today to see what you’ve been missing out on.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Interesting. The vast majority of the country is low-mid.

What don't I know about North Dakota? Yikes!

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Looks like I need to get back across the border back to my home State of North Dakota where our business originated! :rockon: :eekk:

But When I talk to family out there....I am higher priced and getting more than they are :) :rockon:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Right on for residential work BUT the tile jobs bring up the average quite a bit.

Going straight carpet residential we would be far lower.

FredC

Village Idiot
Last edited:

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Interesting map. We fall in line with Nevada, to bad it doesn't break it down by Southern/Northern, etc. More money in Northern where you are going Mike than in Southern NV.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Interesting that North Dakota is so high while neighboring South Dakota sits at the bottom of the list. Do the oil fields make that much difference? Or maybe Anthony Edelen pricing is the reason.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Interesting, but I would question the value of any averages using STATEWIDE numbers which factor in both major cities as well as the bumblefooks, the sticks, and the boonies, as well as only using ticket totals without specifics.

Too many variables, and too much of a swing between urban/sub-urban to be meaningful.

Reactions: Art Kelley

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Solid is one of the four fundamental states of matter (the others being liquid, gas, and plasma). It is characterized by structural rigidity and resistance to changes.....

Does that apply, Russ :winky:
I really do think our rep is very solid. I've taken it seriously with every job over the years.

My resistance to change however, is one of the things that I need to work on.

I have some BIG ideas but making them happen will require some serious shifting in my day to day work or I will have to hire someone with a very different skill set. I'm very focused on operations and I love that part of the biz. Customer service is what I do best and love the most. I'm very good on a truck and in the field. I've done a fair amount of training in the past and think I'm okay at it but I have to learn to LET GO and trust someone if my BIG ideas are ever to come to fruition.

I'm pretty happy with how things are going with our biz. Slow, manageable growth was what I was hoping for when we moved into this market 4 years ago. We are doing that! It's awesome and and I'm thankful for it.

BUT the Kid will turn 40 next Spring and we are more vulnerable than I would like. I'm healthy and haven't seen an MD in a VERY long time. I get fairly regular chiro adjustments and maybe that helps? Mel answers the phones and homeschools the boys so I don't exactly have a "sugar mommy" that can smooth out a financial transition period.

I need to build something that will run without me eventually, even if it takes many more years.

I really do love this stuff even though I'm feeling pretty burned out after another busy Summer. Maybe it's just a phase but I'm starting to feel restless...

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
He's related to Saiger. Has to be.

Just have a lot on my mind and Mel went to sleep FIRST.

That never happens.

You'd get pretty excited too...if you had a Cleanco and a rotary extractor. :rockon:

If it makes all of you feel better....I got in about 9 pm last night...and fell asleep around 10:15 in the chair....

Boom....I was out! :lol:

Reactions: Russ T.
Name
I'm Rick James
So you accessed all of our Service Monster accounts WITHOUT OUR PERMISSION.., went through all our companies invoices.. put them in your calculator to post online?

Sorry bro, I never allowed that and if that's the case you have some serious explaining to do..

Seriously.. I just had my business debit card number stolen and used in your companies home town Bellingham on Friday. Which is weird because the card I have is new (a month old) because I just refreshed the numbers. They tried to charge over $2,000 worth of stuff to my business account.

No joke this just happened friday and after reading this I want to know how secure my information is with your company.

FredC

Village Idiot
Brent....its a number in a database. No need to access all your invoices. It really shouldn't surprise you that they would have access to the database. Not sure how that would equate to your CC info being less secure.

Reactions: jkowalski
Name
I'm Rick James
Brent....its a number in a database. No need to access all your invoices. It really shouldn't surprise you that they would have access to the database. Not sure how that would equate to your CC info being less secure.

Some are all.. it doesn't matter, I don't want my account accessed as they please.. which leads to my card that they have on file.. which was used in Service Monsters hometown.

I never had my card info stolen and was very shocked that it was stolen because it's so new and hardly used. It does happen, I am just trying to figure out how someone could have got it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom