Stanley Steemer's $99.00 special

In my area it seems the steemers trucks are everywhere. Ran into the franchise owner at home depot. he told me he runs 16 trucks. Can anyone tell me what their special includes. Would like to have a special so that the coupon consumer will be satified. But do not want low price specials. Any suggestions, Thanks, Ron

TimP

The 99 buck special gets you less than 1 hr cleaning with their truck. No prespray, vacuuming, etc. Crank the truck and go, most are done in 15-45 min....true splash and dash.

Mikey P

Administrator
In most cases the type of people who work for SS are the same ones who would use them.

Not that there is anything wrong with that...

Name
Bruce
Some of my customers that had used SS in the past say that the $99 special never applies. No matter what the bill will be up near the $150 range.

I would like to have a entry level price point. Like 2 rooms and hall, $119. Something we could have year round. So that the new customer would want to give it a go. Thanks, Ron

saxman

If you want detergent it will more, they try to upsell everybody. One our customers, job went for $99.00 to $250.00. They are trained to talk to the left side of your brain, it is suppose to be more receptive to upping the price :)

M

Mark Imbesi

I really feel you need to ask yourself what type of customers you want. You cannot be everything to everybody, so concentrate on one. Target either lowest price clients, value conscience clients or high end clients, go after them hard and don't worry about the rest.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I'm with Marc, money can be made at all three client levels, but you will use far different marketing, techniques, business plan and structure depending on where you decide to concentrate. Pick one, based on your area, avoiding markets that are already saturated and personal style and build a business based on meeting that clients needs, don't try to get 'em all. You'll be happier and save money and effort in the long run if you narrow your focus.

Take care,
Lisa

G

You can run a $99 special and make money,just limit the total square footage and areas to be cleaned.
example;
Price includes cleaning 2 (or 3) areas, up to 300 sq.ft total.
That's .33 sq.ft.
Not bad for a discount.

Fon Johnson

My advice would be to listen to Marty. After you get that down, know your P&L and charge what you need to stay on the "P" side of things.

Becker

Name
Becker
All Franchises are different.

I don't have to much bad to say about the local SS.

The coupons I see are not rock bottom, I've had a few clients use them and were mostly happy.

Biggest complaint I hear from my clients that have used them along with Coit is the pushy sales of additions services or products.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
"Clients" mention that name to them and watch them laugh at you.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I don't know how the clean but I swear I see more yellow trucks here then I do the 13 other Chem-Dry franchises.

Albert

John Spezia

SS in my are on Long Island have about 21 trucks and they are making over $5 million a year. So what ever they are doing. They are doing something right.

Right now I don't clean carpets, just tiles and stone. But When my Prochem comes in 2 weeks. I will be doing some carpets and charging $.75/sqft. Crazy right!!! Guys in my area charge $.30/sqft to clean carpet. And I know I will get it too. It's all how you sell yourself.

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
Jimmy - as an official member of the "high-end cleaners club" I am informing you that you are no longer eligible for admission. If you were a true high-end cleaner ALL of your custy's would love you when you referred to them as clients! :lol:

Fon Johnson

Go easy on him Marty. I can see how he just assumed that I must be disagreeing with you. I was a little surprised myself.. :shock:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I can see how he just assumed that I must be disagreeing with you.
Most sane people do! :p

Marty.jpg

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I charge less than the local Stanley Steemer. I also charge twice as much as the local Stanley Steemer. Think about it.

Name
Eric Valentine
B&BGaryC said:
I charge less than the local Stanley Steemer. I also charge twice as much as the local Stanley Steemer. Think about it.

SS $99.00 bait-n-switch price < Gary's price < SS Bait-n-switch price after upcharges.

You give them the TOTAL PRICE up front, while SS adds in stuff after the fact, right?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom