Sometimes you have to put your goodwill first

Bob Foster

Today I had a meeting with a hotel that I regularly clean the rooms and hallways in. This client has given me in excess of $5000 a year in work for over three years.

It would save them money and give them a better appearance to use OP as an interim program rather than a portable that they have been useing for spills and soiling in the rooms.

I was having to clean these rooms twice a year and a lot of the soiling was caused by them leaving solution behind from their attempts to keep the rooms clean and avoid having to have me come in. I told them this would reduce the steam cleaning to about once a year or maybe even longer in their rooms. I also said it was a very good solution to, less rooms being out of service because the carpets were wet, the vast reduction of wick-backs and far less explosure to slip fall liability from their guests.

I told them that they could run it over their hallways too and that might reduce my need to come in for them to once a year also.

When they saw the videos of an OP machine at work they immediately said to get them one.

This is the best thing for them but how many of you would have recommended this solution?

Name
Bruce
Brian Robison said:
Not a chance.

Bob did the right thing, he helped out his customer. Bob's customer is thinking the world of him right now. In 1 or 2 years of improper OP use Bob will be back in there cleaning 2 times a year, the maintenance guys don't give to chits about that carpet.

How many times have you had a customer tell you they purchased there own carpet machine and wouldn't need your service anymore? then another year or two you are back in there house cleaning.

That's just how I view it.

clean one

Sure let them buy it from you then sell them the pads and cleaning product. work with them and like bruce said after a while they will have you back in there to do it right.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Bruce Humphrey said:
[quote="Brian Robison":3ik9cf2o]Not a chance.

Bob did the right thing, he helped out his customer. Bob's customer is thinking the world of him right now. In 1 or 2 years of improper OP use Bob will be back in there cleaning 2 times a year, the maintenance guys don't give to chits about that carpet.

How many times have you had a customer tell you they purchased there own carpet machine and wouldn't need your service anymore? then another year or two you are back in there house cleaning.

That's just how I view it.[/quote:3ik9cf2o]

You gave my reason for not doing it. Because the customer is almost never a carpet cleaner.
"more is better" and all that.

I've come to houses more times than I care to remember who have the rug doctor put away and ready to bring back to the store with 1/2 a room "cleaned".

Bob helped out his supplier...and he probably will be able to buy that OP machine back form them for 1/4 of the price in a year or so.

I say no, because it's counter productive for all...for various reasons....except maybe for the supplier.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
It will work for your benefit. FOr the reasons above, plus, they see you as a problem solver, a professional. When it comes time to reclean, they will have a better appreciation for what you do and you can raise your price

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
am I the only one that thinks it easier to train a janitor to clean "right" with a porty compared to a shake 'N shine machine and bucket-O-rags?

..L.T.A.

Bob Foster

Staff turnover leads me to believe that OP is more idiot proof and keeps the rooms in service.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom