SOME OF YOU GUYS ARE JUST SO full of sh^t 95% estaments

The Preacher

Mikey P said:
I wiggle my ass a lot and whistle show tunes when applying.

As my good friend Steve Tobabarn likes to say..

SELL THE SIZZLE!

you better not be working around MArdy!!! :shock:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Danny Strickland said:
[quote="Mikey P":h1dvi5rf]I wiggle my ass a lot and whistle show tunes when applying.

As my good friend Steve Tobabarn likes to say..

SELL THE SIZZLE!

you better not be working around MArdy!!! :shock:[/quote:h1dvi5rf]

I have to agree here.......he was checking out my ass when he stopped in Tucson on his way back home.....

F

FB7777

Dave Yoakum said:
Client, clientele, consumer, patron, prospect, purchaser, shopper, buyer, chump, consumer, dependent, disciple, follower, front, mark, patron, purchaser

Who the hell cares as long as they use, enjoy and recommend my services.

As far as closing.
If your marketing brings in warm prospects you'll have lees price shoppers and close far more sales.

shouldn't you be at the gym?

Rob Allen on Fred Boyle's computer :mrgreen:

Able 1

Name
Keith
steve said:
[quMyprices are very reasonableote=" and if they are looking at my flyer there is only one option(YP they just go down the list and price shop)... My prices are on the flyer, so how much of a D-bag do you have to be to lose the job?

Why don't you just say........they use me cause i'm the cheapest around.

Try being the most expensive in town and having a 96% close rate.............that's when your really good.[/quote]

I agree with that(in blue).... :wink: 8)

I'm not the cheapest around.. when did I say that? I would say that I'm priced right in the middle. I increase my prices every year (not much increase this year) and I lose a couple, but most stay with me. :wink:

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
ODIN said:
Now iNDY should be selling marketing programs!

Close 98% of cold call ins?

HEY INDY looking for a used Prochem? At that close rate, you should be buying a new Vortex for cash!

Or do you only get two calls a week?

On your opening post statement.... if a cleaner gets 20 calls in a week...... if I have under 20 calls in a day I am p*ssed.......

You can laugh and belittle - but the fact remains, we book virtually all incoming cold calls.

Why do I want a lightly used prochem everest.... because a unit with a few hundred hours is barely broken in - and I save 5-8k on it. I am looking to add 3-4 TM's to my fleet by September, so its a buy 3 get 1 free plan vs. new - or smart $ management.

Why don't I run vortex machines (not that I don't think they are great machines).... simply because I don't need one. A) We'll clean all day every day just as good as a vortex B) At a lower cost C) I don't have a penis complex - there is a point where size becomes a waste of space, I have a 20k sq ft facility, and for every space a vortex in a box truck eats, I can have 2 sprinters. D) I don't need a monster truck to sell my CLIENTS ;) - we have a name that does that for us. E) not spending six figures on one truck allows me to have the liquidity to pay with cash for growth, while still stockpiling savings - or the capitol to take on a 12 unit apartment fire restoration when it pops up without choking my cashflow.

I receive enough calls to keep 4 trucks running 2 shifts M-F, and 4 trucks 1 shift sat and sun.... and still have the ability to pick and choose what jobs I want, and which I will refer to another company. The call data is tracked in real time through my voip phone system that is tied into my scheduling software, so its hard data.

If your interested I also track each techs daily: # of jobs, miles driven, drive time, time on jobs, job revenues (further broken down into base cost, premium services, stain correction services, and upsell revenue), tips, contracts sold, post job survey submissions, and potential client referrals. In a nutshell - I know what my cost of doing business is and profitability, to the penny, per day. As well as identify my techs strengths and weaknesses, and manage that respectively.

You can call me a numbers nazi - I'll call it solid management.

But to each their own - if you are a one man show running your own TM, doing 2 jobs a day, turning a profit, and that is where you are happy - then you are doing fine.

And why for heavens sake would I have any interest in selling marketing plans......

Franchising is where the money is ;)

Mikey P

Administrator
Welcome to the club house Anthony.

Dont mind the woe is me broke dicks around here.

They'll test you a bit but if a Numbers Nazi like Ken Snow can fit in, I'm sure they'll be sending you fruitcake for your birthday before you know it.

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
[/quote]

What did you do to this guy?

Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 DANGER !!!!! LIERS and CHEATS !!!!!!? - salvia36? - Mar 3, 2009
DO NOT DO ! I do not wish this on anyone. Great customer service and THEN the true comes out. They will not keep there word and you will be very sorry ...? More »
DO NOT DO ! I do not wish this on anyone. Great customer service and THEN the true comes out. They will not keep there word and you will be very sorry. This is a current nightmare of mine and seems to be one that will not go away anytime soon. I do NOT recommend. I would advise to stay away. « Hide
[/quote]

Fred - whose was this - and where was it found?

randy

Name
Randy

What did you do to this guy?

Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 DANGER !!!!! LIERS and CHEATS !!!!!!? - salvia36? - Mar 3, 2009
DO NOT DO ! I do not wish this on anyone. Great customer service and THEN the true comes out. They will not keep there word and you will be very sorry ...? More »
DO NOT DO ! I do not wish this on anyone. Great customer service and THEN the true comes out. They will not keep there word and you will be very sorry. This is a current nightmare of mine and seems to be one that will not go away anytime soon. I do NOT recommend. I would advise to stay away. « Hide
[/quote]

Fred - whose was this - and where was it found?[/quote]

LOL, looks like IndyALLpro has at least two "really happy" clients. Just a tip here bud, if you get on here talking bullshit some guys will go to great lengths to smack you down, hard. Some nut may actually drive out and video your 20,000 square foot facility, and when it turns out to be a couple of 10x10 mini-storage units......

Your website shows a Chemspec 860 & a rotovac, no offense but anyone that has been in this business as long as you claim and is running a rotovac needs a tutor.

-JB-

Name
JB
popcorn4qt.gif

Grant D

Well said T.

How can I close a sale when all the callers have your Valpak ad in their hand?? 3 rooms + hall for 100 bucks, I'm at just $115 and all I hear is "click"... :shock:

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
FCC said:

Found it, thanks!

100% impossible to please everyone, mainly becasue some folks are either unreasonable, or impossible to please - and anyone on this board that says they haven't had one of those clients every so often is full of poo.

Anyone here is welcome to call our shop, and you'll see we take a great deal of time with clients by phone, and that everything that we offer is fully explained by phone, and everything that can be priced is by phone, and things like stretch, repair, and stains are stated as quote on site.

When we hang up the phone, custy's know their base price, and have pricing for additionals such as pretreatment and rotary cleaning, and know stains are quote on site (and can be refused).

The only complaints and calls backs we get are from custy's that refused the services they needed - and I'd bet 2 of my TM's against a porty - if we tracked that complaint down - his workorder shows refusal on stains and probably was heavily soiled and refused pretreatment and or rotary cleaning.

I'll have a few hundred post customer surveys uploaded to my site within the next week - I have near 2000 rating us 90% or better than the last cleaners used, with 100% statisfaction ratings - my bad ones, maybe 30-40, all refused services.

We do our best - but won't give away services or chems - even if it means mad custy's - I don't want those ones anyway....lol.

Cameron1

indyallpro said:
FCC said:

Found it, thanks!

100% impossible to please everyone, mainly becasue some folks are either unreasonable, or impossible to please - and anyone on this board that says they haven't had one of those clients every so often is full of poo.

Anyone here is welcome to call our shop, and you'll see we take a great deal of time with clients by phone, and that everything that we offer is fully explained by phone, and everything that can be priced is by phone, and things like stretch, repair, and stains are stated as quote on site.

When we hang up the phone, custy's know their base price, and have pricing for additionals such as pretreatment and rotary cleaning, and know stains are quote on site (and can be refused).

The only complaints and calls backs we get are from custy's that refused the services they needed - and I'd bet 2 of my TM's against a porty - if we tracked that complaint down - his workorder shows refusal on stains and probably was heavily soiled and refused pretreatment and or rotary cleaning.

I'll have a few hundred post customer surveys uploaded to my site within the next week - I have near 2000 rating us 90% or better than the last cleaners used, with 100% statisfaction ratings - my bad ones, maybe 30-40, all refused services.

We do our best - but won't give away services or chems - even if it means mad custy's - I don't want those ones anyway....lol.

That's all good, but I will give you 10,000.00 dollars if you can find one client of ours in the last 31 years who would post something like that. I can bet cha one thing too....... I would be tracking down that one complaint, and I would not only be refunding his money, but I would also be sending him to Disney world.T]

So Anthony. You charge extra for pre-treatment. I completley understand your reasoning for doing that, but if I was you I would simply raise my price so I could pre-treat every single job as you should. If your business strategy is to quote a low price over the phone with the expectation of selling pretreatment to raise the ticket then that is bait and switch no matter how you look at it. I used to do the same thing with sanitizer and other chems. Sure I made a ton of money, but realized I was focusing on the wrong type of customer. I raised my price, offered better service, quit the unnecessary upselling and have not looked back. That was four years ago. I leave a lot of jobs knowing I could have easily got more money but who cares. I am way better off now than I was back then. Why? I don't have to advertise and I have a steady stream of new customers coming in through referals mainly because the service I offer today is a lot more thorough and is better. You may hear a lot of guys on this board brag about how much repeat business they get, but I can guarantee you a lot of cleaners here are not being truthful. I am so much happier and stressfree not having to work all the damn time to pay for an ad mostly servicing price-shoppers. I have time to enjoy my life and I work when I want to.

I am not saying you are wrong because there is definetlely a market and a lot of money to be made targeting price-shoppers. All I am saying is you should not have to charge extra for pre-treatment. Your price should include that. I reread your post and it says you explain to the customer on the phone all your charges. You may even tell the customer you charge extra for pre-treatment on the phone which is good, but why not raise your price and pre-treat all jobs. I may be wrong because I don't know the situation in your area ie. the population, how many competitors you have etc. If you get a lot of repeat business then keep doing what you are doing and good luck to you. Also don't take anything I said in this post personally. I am just offering my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom