SOME OF YOU GUYS ARE JUST SO full of sh^t 95% estaments

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Same as those who start calling people "CLIENTS" vs CUSTOMERS.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
As long as they are not price shoppers then I will close most of them.
But I guess you can argue whether or not I should have convinced them as well.

But you know the type, they get an idea of price and they say "I'm still looking" or whatever.
They just want cheap and there isn't a whole lot you can do besides giving it to them for cheap.

Rex Tyus

Walrus said:

We differ on that. You can call them whatever you want. But to me a "Client" is someone I have a relationship with. They are the ones that leave the back door unlocked with a signed check in the "secret" drawer. Or I leave them an invoice and they mail a check.

Customers call on the phone and book a service. They are there when we arrive, write the check before we start.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Call your customer a client to their face and watch their face frown.

Then they will laugh after you leave.

They will say, "The janitor just called me a client! HAHAHAHAHA!"

"Dear please don't make fun of him he's only trying to feel important"

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
if you get 40 calls in a week and 12 of them are new CLIENTS and you booked all but 3 of the 12

you still had a 95% close rate.....

If I was a waiter and had to wait on people and serve them then they would be a customer

I build relationships with my clients......

But no matter what you decide to call them...they all write you a check...

Cameron1

Walrus said:

Jimmyboy......you need to upgrade your database.

Rex Tyus

Walrus said:

I would not call a "customer" a client. I know the difference.

I am sorry you have such a poor self image. There are support groups for that sort of thing. The term "client" is about THEM. NOT you.

Dumb ass.

The Preacher

Rex Tyus said:
Walrus said:

I would not call a "customer" a client. I know the difference.

I am sorry you have such a poor self image. There are support groups for that sort of thing. The term "client" is about THEM. NOT you.

Dumb ass.

lets ask all the people we clean for the rest of this month if the prefer to be called a customer or a client???

please report your findings on 5/1/09

Rex Tyus

Danny, I doubt any give a shit either way.

All customers are not clients. Yet all clients are customers. :wink:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Client, clientele, consumer, patron, prospect, purchaser, shopper, buyer, chump, consumer, dependent, disciple, follower, front, mark, patron, purchaser

Who the hell cares as long as they use, enjoy and recommend my services.

As far as closing.
If your marketing brings in warm prospects you'll have lees price shoppers and close far more sales.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
only missed 1 custy on new calls in the last month. I would say I 25 or 26 new calls but they were either prompted from my website or my mail piece, so I am an order taker

G

ODIN said:
In a thread below How much money are you LOOZING

here is my take on your math 95% closing rate

some of you are so full of shit.

Here's what you are doing: Most of the calls cleaners get are repeat or referral. So if in a given week you get 20 calls, and 19 are repeat or referral and just book the job, then you have a 95% closing rate.

That's not closing a sale, that's taking an order. Anyone can do that.

Show me that they get 20 calls from someone who found them in a phone book, and have no previous relationship with them at any level, and they close 19 of THEM.

Then I'll accept a 95% close.

As I said, full of shit.

HAPPY EASTER WEEK END

T

I think we should have a poll on making Odin a title like Shawns "Seargant at Arms" but more like "Spadinator" "Truth Squad" "Like it is" or his favorite "You Betcha". lol

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Call him "Wire Nut"

With his electric TM...

Val Pack specials.. and cheap booze he drinks ..It kinda fits him....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
If I ate and drank that I would be dragging my ass on the neighbors lawn in the morning....

Mikey P

Administrator
I had a Client pay me $1500 to spread 40 ounces of sealer around to day on their Client's new granite and tile shower installs

The I went and cleaned fora new customer and defunked up her sty for $450 Followed by another Customers minivan for $150.

so KMA Ladwinks.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I close at least 95% of the customers that call about the flyer... Phone book about 40% close rate. With the flyer they have already made up there mind to go with me, it's just what day they want it done. :wink:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
So sensitive mamby pampys.

It must strike a nerve to bother you that bad.

In fact it is in the back of your mind right now becasue it makes you uncomfortable in defending it.

Bragging also defeats your self esteem.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

LOOZERS!

or is that

LOOSERS?

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
We book about 97-98% of all incoming cold calls, who found us online or in a print ad (we get virtually no calls from the yellow pages) - all cold call first time customers (we track referalls and repeats in a different manner).

And half of the 2-3% that hang up..... we'll get about 50% of those "I have to talk to my huband/wife....I am getting prices.....etc - calling back within 24 hrs to book the quote.

Its all about your level of professionalism.

Sell your skills, not the service you provide - that in itself is a buyers market commodity.

I have no doubts served properly a carpet cleaning pro can make any customer feel like a client. Its a matter of professionalism - and showing the value our skill has in/to a home.

Customer/client......it's not your vantage point that matters, it's theirs - how do they feel about the relationship - did YOU make them feel like another number - or something more valuable.

Unprofessional average or below average carpet cleaners will always be doomed to have customers - skilled professionals in this industry create clients.

Cameron1

Able 1 said:
I close at least 95% of the customers that call about the flyer... Phone book about 40% close rate. With the flyer they have already made up there mind to go with me, it's just what day they want it done. :wink:

send me that flyer.........and I will send you my top "client " getter

Able 1

Name
Keith
My prices are very reasonable and if they are looking at my flyer there is only one option(YP they just go down the list and price shop)... My prices are on the flyer, so how much of a D-bag do you have to be to lose the job?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Unprofessional average or below average carpet cleaners will always be doomed to have customers - skilled professionals in this industry create clients.

HA....!......bite me Jimmy............you loose/lose

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Walrus said:

It’s kinda sad that you don't know the difference beyond that I think many of you guys are too busy sending coupons & selling protector to make customers into clients even worse you’ll read this and not have a clue what I’m talking about.

Main Entry: cus•tom•er
Pronunciation: \kus-ta-mer\
Function: noun
1 : one that purchases a commodity or service

Client
Main Entry: cli•ent
Pronunciation: \ kli-ent\
Function: noun

1: one that is under the protection of another
2 a: a person who engages the professional advice or services of another

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
Customers are direct 1 0n 1 . Clients are usually based on a 3rd party . This is a situation of designer and and the work man . Or any part ofa 3rd party. Correct me if I am wrong

DevilDog

Clients are what you want....a client is someone you have a closer relationship with...they are usually more loyal. A customer is someone that buys your service but there is not neccessarily a good relationship.

Cameron1

[quMyprices are very reasonableote=" and if they are looking at my flyer there is only one option(YP they just go down the list and price shop)... My prices are on the flyer, so how much of a D-bag do you have to be to lose the job?[/quote]

Why don't you just say........they use me cause i'm the cheapest around.

Try being the most expensive in town and having a 96% close rate.............that's when your really good.

Back
Top Bottom