SFS challenge/contest

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
You are getting close, Gary. But you forgot to shamelessly flatter Yeadon and as Mikey puts it, I am only one of the Jon-Don Bobbsey Twins. (Just think of Danny DeVito and Arnold Scharzenegger ...)

Island Boy

PS Seriously now, (and with all due respect to our different SFS members above who already have been using it) has anyone actually followed word for word this "soft close" since Mikey started the contest? If so, what were your real world results? The account you gain will be your own ...

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Re: SFS challenge/contest - another angle

One more thought ... and that is to offer package pricing. This gives control to the consumer to choose their option. So instead of yes or no to the job, it becomes a "which of these fits best" decision.

I'll see if any of your think there is "hype-y marketing BS" infused into that one. :) It simply helps in sales conversion to give packages to choose from. And if your presentation is a powerful educational one, then there is no need to go check with the husband.

That said ... I think the response suggested by Steve is a very solid one. If you only have one price, then that's a tool to keep in your customer service toolbox.

Good topic ...
Lisa Wagner

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
i wish i could be p.c. and do all that stuff

words like ..."where,s me money"...or "com on hook a ------ up" , and .."YOU WANT SMELL GOOD ON THE CARPET>>>TAKE A BATH" and of course Jesus Christ luv that rug is filthy...and when its a women with an ugly baby ...dont tell them, they dont like that

these are not good for sales or call backs i know i have tested

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Mike, Thanks for posting this. I am a great carpet cleaner but I suck at sales. I always try to keep my pricing low enough that I never have to deal with this situation. I used to have no clue at all about sales and would just go into some lame sales pitch. I read something on a desk at one of my janitorial accounts last night. It was material for a course that one of their salesmen had taken. It said your job is to get information not give it. Do not answer unasked questions. I light came on for me. I am slowly learning the art of sales and posts like this are insightful.

Mikey P

Administrator
Well today is the end of the contest and not one of you really entered so I'm gonna pocket the $100 and go buy a new blouse.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Ahem! I would never argue with the all-powerful Mikey on his own board but ...

"The person who comes back with the best real story about how it worked for them will win a $100 gift certificate at the Jon Don of their choice.

But while I'm here, let me ask you, does the way I have this work order written meet your projected budget?"

Contest is over October 5th.
Good luck!"

Two more days if'n you're gonna play by the rules!

Island Boy

PS Actually after reviewing the entries I gotta say Bill Soukereff's story was pretty good AND with a lifetime client at the end.

Oh, BTW, Mike. Jon-Don will pick up the tab on the gift certificate for the prize for the contest that is running till OCTOBER 5! But I'm having a hard time visualizing myself asking Poppa Nick for a C-note for you to buy yourself something filmy, clingy and feminine.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
oh sorry, i was busy trying to figure out how it is that you dont crush your poor wife with your massive head when she lets you throw them little kid size nuts you have to her..
i promise i will pay more attn next time sir..
and for your info my wife loves my boobies

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Well you know, if can't find a sharp knife, you pick the least dullest. So you may as well pick me, the $100 should just about cover my shipping charges. :( I need to order a wack of stuff!

Or you could give it to Marty for NOT making up a story. I believe in positive reinforcement.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
so whats going on??

mikey tell us all this was not a bullshit waste of time?

if so it will be your ass or should i say your head..
dave

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Mikey P said:
Steve and Billy are hard at work deciding a winner.

and it ain't YOU!

wrong again ass clown..i took 2nd place and that is the 1st looser so i won 1st place at something..get your facts straight before you go spouting off at the mouth.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom