RetirementVille

Mikey P

Administrator
This view from my first job today reminds me that my client base is primarily retired folks whose kids can't afford to inherit their parents homes..

I imagine many of my fellow cleaners have the same reality PXL_20231003_174238620~2.jpg

Reactions: Josh Wood

Mikey P

Administrator
People retire in this biz??? I thought it was a work until ya died type of gig lol
In my opinion man and men should never retire from work of some level and that's the nice thing about the cleaning industry is generally there's always something you can do until you drop dead.

In my nearly 40 years of being a service provider I've seen it countless times where a man works till 55 or 60, his whole life obsession was his work, he had zero hobbies evident by the house with no toys or tools or wall decorations declaring his interest in something beyond work, he gets the gold watch and within two years he literally dies of boredom and having lost all his meaning and value to society..

Last edited:
Name
Austin Willoughby
In my opinion man and men should never retire from work of some level and that's the nice thing about the cleaning industry is generally there's always something you can do until you drop dead.

In my nearly 40 years of being a service provider I've seen it countless times where a man works till 55 or 60, his whole life obsession was his work, he had zero hobbies evident by the house with no toys or tools or wall decorations declaring his interest in something beyond work, he gets the gold watch and within two years he literally dies of boredom and having lost all his meaning and value to society..
Yea idk how people can be obsessed with working. You have to have a life outside of making money. I agree that's one think I love about the industry is no matter how old ya are there's always something you can do to stay business.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton

You’ve summed up why my father is working and feeling happy and fulfilled in his life at 91

Willy P

Name
Willy P
People retire in this biz??? I thought it was a work until ya died type of gig lol
I'm retired for 2 or so years. I moved out of Vancouver after 4 decades and embraced retirement. Got the motorhome, some new toys and I live in a fishing haven. I recommend having things to do when you pull the I quit.
I decided to bugout while it was the right time for me.

sassyotto

Name
Paul
one thing to watch out for when nearing retirement is....................your customers are getting older too! Many times in the last year I felt that this is the last time I will be cleaning for them as they really should be in a retirement home.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom