Removing urine correctly, why does the spot still fluoresce?

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
How often do you get to use a word like that?

(Applause)

I felt the metaphorical reference was apt, both to the degree of which those who are involved have deep fealty, and how they see me now that I have departed.

Let me say once again, though, that there are several good instructors within that structure who provide great service to our industry.

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
I'd like to see all those tests redone using a rotary BrushHead extractor

I'd also like to see all iicrc instructors AND Pemberton go out and clean twenty or so beach side apartments with one and a paint filter..
As would I. The gift of knowledge flows up and down.

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
You confuse me with someone who is willing to work for a living at my advanced age.

Thank you though for making the distinction between me and IICRC instructors. Most of them are great people, and believe in what they are doing.

I, however, am an unrepentant apostate from their church.
As am I.

roro

Name
Ross Craig
I felt the metaphorical reference was apt, both to the degree of which those who are involved have deep fealty, and how they see me now that I have departed..

Sorry to hear you have moved on and become one of the dearly departed Jim, but great to see there is connectivity up there.
Are you the 13th apostate?:evil:

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Not to derail the original question but,
Does this mean that we are also not removing 100% of our prespray when we clean? .

Brown used figures compiled from a CAMRASO study and while interesting I question the validity as it is very dated.
They showed soil removal for spray extraction (the highest rating method) at just 40%.
The study was in 1976 and machines, temperatures and detergents were not as effective. The study did differentiate between "actual soil removal" and "reduction in apparent soiling", which helps to explain why the results achieved by encapping often seem to surpass HWE.
roro

Reactions: Old Coastie

SamIam

Name
sam miller
There are some techniques to remove the fluorescence from pet urine & other stains.
These are photos after removal I did with a strong oxidizer combined with our UV light.
In natural light:
must1.jpg

In UV illumination:
mustuv.jpg

This stain required DC Brightener + about 5 min of UV light exposure.

I am also testing a new method which uses "hydroxyl ions" generated by an electrolysis process,
which should allow removal with a 12" carpet cleaning wand.

Two new processes will be demoed @ the ARCS annual convention in San Antonio April 19-20.

P.S. I have some clear hard polystyrene storage drawers that were sprayed with cat urine.
I thought a quick scrubbing with a strong oxidizer would eliminate the fluorescence.
I was quite wrong, and the "greenish-yellow" UV glow remained just as strong.

Hay Doc the Delorean is ready!

Attachments

• must1.jpg
    must1.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 136
  • mustuv.jpg
    mustuv.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 125
Reactions: Lint Basket

SamIam

Name
sam miller
A untreated pet stain will be more yellowish under UV, a treated stain more whitish.

Then there's alway get on your knees and smell.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I have given up on piss jobs..

I had a job that this cat was pissing in the corner of one room.. I pulled the pad sealed the floor, treated the carpet with every deodorizer that is mentioned here and the carpet still smelled like piss!! This job was the one I pulled out everything and all I found out is you all (well, not Jimmy)are FOS..

All I have found in all my years of searching is BS masking the stink! To me Prochem duo is the most awful scent ever invented!!

We use "pet stain out" now.. Thing is I like peroxide and they don't go together.. I get Sally's volume 40 for around $2.25 a quart when I put my order in..

Turns out some would sealer like odor barrier won't seal correctly if any surfactant gets on the wood.

Hocus Pocus! You left piss in the smelly wood haha!

I say wood sub floor and it permanent.

Mostly cement here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom