Real estate companies

Greg Loe

Some people have great relationships with a Realtor that will refer them. Most don't! Realtors are marketed to by cleaners all the time. Every new company goes after them.

I have a great relationship with a couple of realtors and never clean any homes that are listed. I do clean their home and their personal rental properties.

danpauselius

You MUST remember to answer that age-old question ... "What's in it for them"? Most cleaners just roll up on a bunch of Realtors and say. "Hey, want to send me some business"? Think about ways you can help them make more money and they will gladly refer you ... if they don't, stop helping them.

I've got a secret plan for this but don't want to talk about it until I've fully implemented it.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
danpauselius said:
I've got a secret plan for this but don't want to talk about it until I've fully implemented it.

This reminds me of the Mr. Yoakum posts about pennies a day marketing that we saw forever until he decided to sell the idea. :lol:

So when are you going to be selling "Marketing to Realtors for the 21st Century"? :wink:

I did make a few appearances at real estate and property management offices early in the business (dropped off folders with business license,insurance info, company brochure, spotter bottles, etc) but with no luck landing any work. The few Realtors I've worked for, I did not go after, they found me. So far no problems getting paid and no objections to my price.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I spent a whole year advertising to ALL of them personally.

Really tried to work my way into their inner circle.

Found out most are price shoppers and have NO clue that its very valuable to them and their clients to have a good carpet cleaner on hand.

The better ones network with a portfolio of dependable plumbers/painters/lawn care etc.

The slow down in the housing market has weeded out the part timers .

While I have a few who treat me right most are scum bags with ego problems.

danpauselius

I don't sell information ... seems crappy to me. I'll either tell people or I won't, it's that simple. If it is wildly successful, I may only tell a few select people who are NOWHERE near me. If it is moderately successful, I'll let everybody know. If it falls on its face, I ain't telling anybody cause I'll look like an ass, LOL.

That's just how it is.

Kevin

I have a couple good realtors that I clean their homes and they refer me to their customers. But most are cheap and look for cheap.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I was just messing with you. It was just the first thing that popped in my head when I read your post.

By the way I'm in FL and nowhere near you, so if it's wildly successful feel free to let me in on it. :D

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
well i am wayyyyy out here in utah...

and i have no problem looking at asses :shock: :shock: :shock: :twisted: :twisted:

TimP

I've done a Realtors home and he has tried to refer me to some customers. However I have yet to get a job from the referrals. One guy he referred me to cleaned their home with a rug doctor....poor fool.

Jose Smith

I do work for a Real Estate Firm in one of the nicest areas of Orange County. The zip code is always in the top three in the country with property/home value.

To say they keep me busy would be an understatement. I usually do a job a week for them, sometimes up to three. With the market being the way it is in Southern California, I do not see this changing soon.

I do give them a break on the price, but it is still higher than what many charge here for their standard cleaning. The true value is that now I get a chance to add the address to my normal mailing list of current clients.

Sometimes, all it takes is a 6 Month Reminder postcard to get a new client to call and schedule work in their multi-million dollar home. The new homeowners pay regular prices.

Jose Smith

PS. The price break is for homes being shown. Also, the homeowner pays this fee, not the Realtor. If the seller stays in the area, they too will begin to pay my standard fees when they use me in the future for the home they are moving into.

Name
Jesse
Realtors who pay for their client's cleaning are usually cheap and pita's.

Realtors who refer you to their customers don't care what you charge. They want good looking carpet that's easier to sell.

This has been my experience.

-JB-

Name
JB
JIM MARTIN!

Can you post that Realtor postcard you put up before again?

I used the premise of it to market to a few new Realtors, works pretty good.

P.S. ThanX :wink:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
about 20% of the work I do is reality work..........I market the high end reality.never ever have I had a problem with any Realtor that we do business with..........I have 8 that we keep there credit card numbers on file and key safe codes............a lot of people don't like them but I have never had a problem.........we get a lot of good size empty homes..........

JB......

Not really sure which on you are talking about...............

-JB-

Name
JB
You market so much, you forget what you do huh?

Here, I still had it on mine, that's not too weird right? Hey, I said it was a good idea.

touchups.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
we market a lot..but we market and create/print most ourself so it is not to expensive for us......and I was not sure which one I think we run about 5 different ones for reality.............that one has done us very well and we have only had 1 spot call back........

-JB-

Name
JB
The touch up is the clincher, we added a empty home discount to the deal as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom