Question on the design of these truckmounts.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
The silencer is before the exhaust heat exchanger on most of these units. Prochem, hm, blueline, etc

Why? Wouldn’t it be better if it was after the heat exchanger?

If not, why?

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Just speculation here-- but maybe they want to reduce the velocity of the exhaust before it hits the HE?
IDK my 370 has a silencer., and not needed really.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Or, maybe they didn’t think about it all that much and it just ended up there.
I agree. They're using the heat from the blower's exhaust to heat the water. Why wouldn't they put the coils of water as close to the blower as possible, instead of it getting the exhaust after the silencer when it's already cooled down?

I don't know if the 370 and 570 are set up that way, but my everest650, and thermalwave and 2 hydra masters I owned were that way. Plus, if some of the machines have a combined heat exchanger where both the blower and engine go through the heat exchanger, it would help muffle the sound of the engine's exhaust as well.

Can any Sapphire, or Legend, or Hydramaster designers answer that question? Or can you at least show us some videos of your testing phase if you ever tried that layout?

FredC

Village Idiot
It probably doesn't make much difference

having the compact silencers directly below the blower allows for a more compact design and a logical (90 degree) redirection of the blower exhaust.

Are you not getting enough heat? Is your engine too loud?

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
My Everest has plenty of heat and my thermal wave II needs a little more heat. The engine’s exhaust doesn’t go through the heat exchanger and I think of the heat exchanger was closer, it’d be better. All of the smaller truckmounts need more heat
It probably doesn't make much difference

having the compact silencers directly below the blower allows for a more compact design and a logical (90 degree) redirection of the blower exhaust.

Are you not getting enough heat? Is your engine too loud?
As for noise, all of the truckmounts need to work on that.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

it's not hard to muffle the engine.
(my 3 cyl Kabota was pretty quite when not connected to the 47 blower)

It's the blower that makes the lion's share of noise
especially when/if you wind 'em up to near max

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
My Everest has plenty of heat and my thermal wave II needs a little more heat. The engine’s exhaust doesn’t go through the heat exchanger and I think of the heat exchanger was closer, it’d be better. All of the smaller truckmounts need more heat

Watching the first episod of Band Of Brothers last night with my son, I know know more about Currahee and Tacocca.

• Love
Reactions: BIG WOOD

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Nah, not the machine, just doing it yourself rather than hiring a professional.
Larry was a professional.
And he knows he will put more effect into the process than a minimum wage hack with less than 2 weeks of experience.
IMO- the only time you hire someone else to do something you know how to do is if you value your time more than the money.

However, If you have been burned by hiring a so-called Pro-- then best to DIY.
This is why I do my own work on my equipment. I have a great guy as a back-up mechanic but he is usually too busy.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Larry was a professional.
And he knows he will put more effect into the process than a minimum wage hack with less than 2 weeks of experience.
IMO- the only time you hire someone else to do something you know how to do is if you value your time more than the money.

However, If you have been burned by hiring a so-called Pro-- then best to DIY.
This is why I do my own work on my equipment. I have a great guy as a back-up mechanic but he is usually too busy.
Or have your son and nephew follow your footsteps. I’m in that transition now

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Or have your son and nephew follow your footsteps. I’m in that transition now
My son is on the van now and wants to learn more and take on more responsibilities.
but He lacks the drive and stamina of his 60-year-old father. He stops when he gets home, while I'm starting my 2nd shift.

I'll have to rely on him more soon, as I'm taking my wife on a Mediterranean cruise in June and an additional trip to Paris and Japan next year.

Love this quote from motivational speaker Eric Thomas.
If you work hard, your life will be easy. If you do the easy stuff, your life will be hard.

Zig said, "We are all self-made- but only the successful ones will admit it". think about THAT for a moment. it took me a bit to get it.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
My son is on the van now and wants to learn more and take on more responsibilities.
but He lacks the drive and stamina of his 60-year-old father. He stops when he gets home, while I'm starting my 2nd shift.

I'll have to rely on him more soon, as I'm taking my wife on a Mediterranean cruise in June and an additional trip to Paris and Japan next year.

Love this quote from motivational speaker Eric Thomas.
If you work hard, your life will be easy. If you do the easy stuff, your life will be hard.

Zig said, "We are all self-made- but only the successful ones will admit it". think about THAT for a moment. it took me a bit to get it.
The only time I read ZigZiglar was in my early 20's when i tried selling mobile homes at a dealer. Zig's advice didn't help, lol

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
The only time I read ZigZiglar was in my early 20's when i tried selling mobile homes at a dealer. Zig's advice didn't help, lol

From 1979 until the mid 90s I lived on the road, showing and selling truck mounts as well as drapery and upholstery cleaning machines. My companions were motivational and sales programs on cassette tapes.

Little of what Ziglar shared worked at all. I think his approach just didn't do anything for a shy 20 something kid trying to talk to 40-60 year old guys who made Marty and Jimmy look kind.

Earl Nightengale's stuff was the best. It wasn't so much about sales, but about life. He was my favorite passenger.

Zig?

Not so much....

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
From 1979 until the mid 90s I lived on the road, showing and selling truck mounts as well as drapery and upholstery cleaning machines. My companions were motivational and sales programs on cassette tapes.

Little of what Ziglar shared worked at all. I think his approach just didn't do anything for a shy 20 something kid trying to talk to 40-60 year old guys who made Marty and Jimmy look kind.

Earl Nightengale's stuff was the best. It wasn't so much about sales, but about life. He was my favorite passenger.

Zig?

Not so much....
I agree

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Zig said, "We are all self-made- but only the successful ones will admit it".
I shared this quote because I have ADULT family members and friends who want to play the now popular 'Victim Card" and blame other people for the past or circumstances. You can choose to have those people in your life or not.
I say- Get over it and move on. Start to Build the new you.

Screenshot_20231128_044008_Facebook.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
I shared this quote because I have ADULT family members and friends who want to play the now popular 'Victim Card" and blame other people for the past or circumstances. You can choose to have those people in your life or not.
I say- Get over it and move on. Start to Build the new you.

View attachment 125395

Is he still but hurt because she didnt make room for him on the raft?

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Is he still but hurt because she didnt make room for him on the raft?
She blames her estranged father for her mental issues and uses that to manipulate and torment her mother.
Another female uses her childhood molestation to create turmoil and drama in her relationships because being at peace is not normal to her. If they are raised in drama and conflict then they need that to feel normal until they start to love themselves.

Most men don't share their feelings, They just show their hurt in their behavior.
I wonder what Boyle is hurting from?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom