Question on Priceing

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Having decided to raise my residential rates, I would some input on what you people charge after the minimum.

Numbers I am considering,

Min charge $85(this would include 2 rms or a combination of a room & steps), $40 per room after that. Steps $3, baths and halls to be determined when arriving.

I am a room charger, but sometimes I will combine 2 rooms to make 1. I'm not going to charge full price just because little billy has only 30 sq.ft. of visible carpet.

TimP

A logical increase would be 45 or 50 bucks a room. 200 ft max? per room something like that I would definitely want be at 50-60 but may be too much of a jump all at once. And 99 buck minimum would make more sense cause since that's what Stanley charges (also keep in mind they are usually 30 a room and spend way less time than we do). I can say I'm guilty of being cheaper with my min but I am trying to be competitive with my colleges.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Since you're talking numbers, how much do you charge now?. You may loose some if the hike is too much but that may not be a bad thing.

Smaller rooms we charge the same as other rooms. It kinda evens things out when doing a whole house where some rooms can get close to your 200 sft. limit. But I get what you mean regarding very small areas, you may want to charge a higher sft pricing for those as well as halls, baths and rooms over 200 sft.

Albert

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
My room rates go down the more they have cleaned. $100 for the first 2 then $45 for the third then $40 for each additional. Any sq. ft. over 250 is .30.

Alot of customers say I'm too cheap,,,,and they're probly right.

These were my 2007 prices. I am thinking about going up.

This will probably be a room pricing vs. sq. ft. thread in a few minutes.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Vincent said:
Having decided to raise my residential rates, I would some input on what you people charge after the minimum.

Numbers I am considering,

Min charge $85(this would include 2 rms or a combination of a room & steps), $40 per room after that. Steps $3, baths and halls to be determined when arriving.

really doesn't matter what others charge, Vin.
You'll hear all kinds of numbers from $20 a rm to $200 a rm.
and i don't know how that would help you.

I don't publish any prices, though I'm "some what" of a room pricer.
Just makes it easier to book over the phone.
Every room is not the same and every custys needs/wants aren't the same.
I give them a ball park price after asking the right questions.

If they ask "how much pr rm", and can't/won't offer much info, I tell them our minimum and say rooms generally run between $X amount and $X amount.
Then I'll mention special conditions such as red stains and animal odor/urine probs

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom